Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

There's no reason not to jump into the beta IMHO

Ill just wait for the hotfix patch to release officially. Haven’t fired up the sim in a week anyway due to irl holiday tasks 

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 minutes ago, stefanwa said:

So far so good for me, but the clouds sometimes still look horrible on my sytem (PC, Radeon 5700, latest AMD 21.12.1). This screenshot was taken minutes ago flying into GLCA with live weather:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JJCLubZn5TdPppFspBmc3mHgtah6EzRV/view?usp=sharing

That's odd. I've never seen that kind of artifacting on the clouds. I have a NVIDIA GPU. Could it be an AMD issue?

2 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Yes, download the latest version, which came out yesterday I think.  I recommend the experimental version for its TCAS support (especially if using Vatsim).

I wonder where you get the experimental version as it does no longer show up in my installer….only stabel and dev version are there.—

Carsten U

One question: Will those who downloaded/tested the Beta have to do a complete re-install for the scheduled upgrade?

That's the only thing I'd be afraid of, because I have so much payware scenery and aircraft that would also need to be reinstalled.

3 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

The current hotfix beta is how MSFS is meant to be. We are getting there...

Excellent news, thanks for the update!

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

21 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

I wonder where you get the experimental version as it does no longer show up in my installer….only stabel and dev version are there.—

No Experimental versions right now.....most up-to-date is the Dev version.

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Mouse in VR is still bugged (this time a new bug!) so little point for me, rather wait for the full rollout than faff around with a beta that may or may not wipe everything!

Glad others are enjoying it though, it sounds good.

• Like 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

3 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

For the first time since long time I am enjoying MSFS immensely... beautiful weather representation, realistic clouds and sky without color banding, no shimmering, excellent performance and stability with 496.76 Geforce driver.

You can also remove all the tweaks in the 3D settings and UserCfg.opt file too (sharpen, film grain = 0, AA gamma correction off), they are no longer needed to try to patch up the abomination they did with SU5.

The current hotfix beta is how MSFS is meant to be. We are getting there...

Have they fixed the issue with performance tanking after touching down? That's been my biggest complaint post SU7. It seems to be a lot more  pronounced on flights longer than 30 mins. 

Former Child, Current Adult

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

PS do you know how big its gonna be, GB-wise  ?

From SU7 Steam version to hotfix 18 it's about 630 MB.

I understand that you don't want to take the risk of reinstalling everything if you have a monthly data cap...  

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

Do you mean we should delete the UserCfg.opt file and have it create a new one? Because I've changed several of those settings and don't remember which ones were the original settings. I know I have color grading=0 and the default should be 1 for on.

Yes, if you don't remember all the changes you can delete it and let the sim recreate it.

My only modifications now, besides terrain LOD 400 and supersampling 8x8 set in the graphics menu, are:

{Shadows
        MaxSliceCount 4
        Size 8192

{HeightFieldShadows
        Enabled 1
        Size 2048

{ReflectionProbe
        Size 512

The only postprocessing setting I keep on zero is lens correction. If you want you can also keep fringe on zero (it's the chromatic aberration in the hangar, nothing else as far as I can see).

You don't need to turn off PP, you don't need to push resolution scale up to compensate the bad TAA... these issues have gone away with the color depth bug.

2 hours ago, MäxliBäxli said:

Does the FBW Airbus work now with this beta version? I am thinking of getting into it after your comments 🙂 

The development version now works with the hotfix beta.

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

My only concern with pushing this beta is that I read it could force me to do a reinstall of MFS 😕

BTW: How do we get the beta ? Should it be through xBox App or Game Store ?

The other day I clicked "GET UPDATES" in the store, and for the whole win 11 session I was getting a cloud symbol next to my FLIGHT SIMULATOR STANDARD Library entry, as if the game was ready for install. Is this the way the beta is pushed ?

Thanks !

You have to donwload the XBox Insider hub app and opt in from there, then you can update to the beta version from the XBox app.

image.png

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can't believe that this "beta" doesn't have any issues at all. never heard of a perfect beta yet. I am going to wait until the "issues" are fixed, before I install it. 

The issues it has are the same as SU7... crash when "next pilot position" is selected on freelook (disabled freelook binding - all ok), approach flyback bug (resolved at least with FBW A32NX Dev), ridiculous AI traffic...

BUT stability is OK and color depth has returned to normal, so you don't have sky color banding, shimmering and purple coloration of the clouds anymore. Weather looks better than the previous Meteoblue implementation and I haven't seen abrupt transitions in the last 3 days of testing.

20 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Have they fixed the issue with performance tanking after touching down? That's been my biggest complaint post SU7. It seems to be a lot more  pronounced on flights longer than 30 mins. 

I can't answer this... I did not experience a real performance tanking, just normal framerate decrease (down to 22-25 fps sometimes) when taxiing the A32NX at large busy airports with AI traffic.

But I'm talking about this add-on aircraft at Heathrow or JFK with all graphics and LOD maxed out.

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 4

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

4 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

You don't need to turn of PP, you don't need to push resolution scale up to compensate the bad TAA... the issues have gone with the color depth bug.

That is great news then! Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

24 minutes ago, liamp51 said:

Not really..performance during landing is always 40-50% worse performance than taking off...that's never been fixed and still isn't.

1 minute ago, jer2929 said:

Not really..performance during landing is always 40-50% worse performance than taking off...that's never been fixed and still isn't.

It was just noticeably worse for me with SU7. I thought it might have something to do with the weather rendering but I haven't been able to pin it down. Oh well maybe it'll have worked itself out with this hotfix. 

Former Child, Current Adult

I've never seen a drop in performance when landing. I wonder what the difference is for others. Could depend on the airport, perhaps. Live traffic on vs off...

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

One question: Will those who downloaded/tested the Beta have to do a complete re-install for the scheduled upgrade?

That's the only thing I'd be afraid of, because I have so much payware scenery and aircraft that would also need to be reinstalled.

There is a risk of this... which is why I think the title of this thread is misleading...

If you are not "expert" at all things XBox app, you are better off waiting a bit (as I am..) 😉

• Like 2

Bert