Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado doing a PC12....

I'd love to get the Carenado PC12. But I won't.

Carenado released the C182 with the most horrendous trim setup and have never fixed it. Not the best support policy. I'd rather spend money elsewhere. 

Edited by lupedelupe

Avsimmers are easy to please. Carenado will just be rejiggering their P3D version of the PC12, with a fresh coat of paint slapped on it. 
But it'll have "Dynamic propeller shines effect"

😄

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Carenado released the C182 with the most horrendous trim setup and have never fixed it. Not the best support policy. I'd rather spend money elsewhere. 

I agree the C 182 is terrible,and I never fly it, but frankly they have done a pretty good job on the Mooney, and the Seminole. All the bugs have been patched, and they work perfectly. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Poor PC-12 being addressed by Carenado. Hopefully some other developer will make it justice someday.

I think Carenado is one of the more reliable developers. You know what you'll get with them: great graphics, reasonable (but not always realistic) flightmodels and not much depth.
I think they even upped their game in matters of flightmodel en system depth with their MSFS aircraft. If these aircraft weren't encrypted I am sure some modders could lift them to realistic or even in-depth/study level.

I agree that there is a risk that developers who are interested in creating aircraft with in-depth systems and realistic flight models will pass on aircraft that have been done before, since they will have to compete with cheaper alternatives. For me it's the Lockheed Electra and the Fokker Trimoter which deserve better versions than currently available.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

I bet that Carenado fast tracked the P3D PC-12 to make it compatible with MSFS 2020 BEFORE the SWS one comes out.

I’ll wait and to the PC-12 NG version of SWS, but I bet the apex Honeywell integration takes longer than expected.  

• Like 1

My reaction PC-12! Heck yeah! Carenado ? Oh noooo! 😀

Edited by sd_flyer
  • Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

58 minutes ago, AUjeffk said:

I bet that Carenado fast tracked the P3D PC-12 to make it compatible with MSFS 2020 BEFORE the SWS one comes out.

I’ll wait and to the PC-12 NG version of SWS, but I bet the apex Honeywell integration takes longer than expected.  

Sure looks like it, because if SWS comes out first, it will leave the carenado one irrelevant. But hey at least it looks pretty 🤙🏼

On 4/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, Steve Dra said:

Hehe.....I hear ya Bert.   Bit my lip on the 337...resisted the purchase (pats himself on the back).  This one may be tough to resist. 🤣

Sad part is I already have too many great planes I don't even get a chance to fly....to busy either painting them or testing them. 🤪

When their bizjet catalogue starts rolling out for MSFS, I'll being doing a bunch of lip biting and resisting unfortunately. 

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

The Pilatus PC-12 is a simmers favorite and Carenado knows this. Smart move to release this now. Almost everyone who wants a PC-12 is going to buy this. Even the perpetual Carenado-haters.

Sure, the SWS version is going to come out eventually, will probably be vastly superior in terms of flight modelling and avionics - but the average simmer doesn't care and doesn't know the difference.

People buy what's available now. Nobody is going to wait 1-2 years for SWS to get their act together. And who knows where MSFS and SWS are going to be in 2 years.

Obviously, upon release it will follow the predictable Carenado-cycle of posts.

On 4/2/2022 at 4:18 PM, Bobsk8 said:

I agree the C 182 is terrible,and I never fly it, but frankly they have done a pretty good job on the Mooney, and the Seminole. All the bugs have been patched, and they work perfectly. 

I am still getting that engine sound bug on the Carenado aircrafts 🙄, and I'm not the only one (example : 

)

On 4/2/2022 at 5:54 AM, lupedelupe said:

Say what you will but the Carenado 182 is one of the more amazing efforts in VR.  This Carenado bashing is crazy to me.  It's just like the comments I've been reading about Asobo leadership.  Heck, if it weren't for Jorge and the team we wouldn't even have FS2020 much less the transparency they've given us so far.  Software is not perfect but they've given us the best Flight Simulator the industry has ever seen.  Carenado has given us great models as well.  Nothing is perfect and looking at P3D and Xplane's offerings things could be allot worse and I emphasize 'ALLOT'.  Our other options now are all but cartoon efforts in comparison.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

I am still getting that engine sound bug on the Carenado aircrafts 🙄, and I'm not the only one (example : 

)

I just flew  the Seminole last night.  I have never heard this sound problem you are hearing. I don't have the Seneca. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

Say what you will but the Carenado 182 is one of the more amazing efforts in VR.  This Carenado bashing is crazy to me.  It's just like the comments I've been reading about Asobo leadership.  Heck, if it weren't for Jorge and the team we wouldn't even have FS2020 much less the transparency they've given us so far.  Software is not perfect but they've given us the best Flight Simulator the industry has ever seen.  Carenado has given us great models as well.  Nothing is perfect and looking at P3D and Xplane's offerings things could be allot worse and I emphasize 'ALLOT'.  Our other options now are all but cartoon efforts in comparison.

I don't think many people will dispute that Coronado's modelling is superb, and included in that is the C182.

However being a flight-simulation product the important bit how it flies. And unfortunately the overwhelming feeling is: not well. Sure, it was their first release and perhaps the SDK was just too limiting or they misunderstood aspects of it etc, etc. But it took them months (a year?) to release a patch, and it didn't address the pitch sensitivity it so greatly suffers from. The C182 remains a c****y plane (in my and many others' opinions). Too much game, too little simulation.  🤷‍♂️

At least one of their subsequent releases – Mooney – have proven they can do much better than that. 

👍 Sincerely happy for you if you are content with just a nice looking plane.