Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Which will you purchase? (PMDG/ Fenix)

Which will you Purchase? (PMDG / Fenix)  

392 members have voted

1. 1. PMDG or Fenix?

I'm just curious who plans on buying what?  Nothing is set in stone.  I'm planning on the PMDG 737-700 only.  I'll stay with the FBW Airbus for now.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm just curious who plans on buying what?  Nothing is set in stone.  I'm planning on the PMDG 737-700 only.  I'll stay with the FBW Airbus for now.

Same plus the MD80 and 146 already.

Edited by 40track

Yeah see the FBW and Fenix busses, it makes sense to me that those are competitors... they're the same plane.  Can't see a bus and 73 being considered competitors though...

Andrew Crowley

Now that I know the 737 pricing I think I wait for Fenix to reveil what the A320 will cost and then decide.

Oh, and if I decide for PMDG it will be only one variant.

Edited by Gerwil
  • Like 2

Maybe both later on when they are bugfree. Essential for me is a shared cockpit functionality. Let’s see what your controls addon can do to both. 

Lukas Dalton

24 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Maybe both later on when they are bugfree. Essential for me is a shared cockpit functionality. Let’s see what your controls addon can do to both. 

Yeah reminds me I should have added an "undecided" option hehe.  I rarely do polls and it shows haha.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Having heaps of fun with FBW.  Honestly it's a hard decision to pay for an A320 when the NEO works very well for what I want.  I'll wait and see.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

The Fenix if it looks a whole lot nicer.

Nix on the 737, Boeings are for experts or masochists, I'm neither.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

has there even been any significant video or at least *screenshots* of the Fenix A320 to peruse? so far i have only heard of it through word of mouth, and haven't heard or seen anything of the actual product itself.

• Like 1

I'll definitely be getting the 737-700 and - 800.

But I'm more excited about the Fenix whenever it comes out. 

Matt Webb

16 minutes ago, molleh said:

has there even been any significant video or at least *screenshots* of the Fenix A320 to peruse? so far i have only heard of it through word of mouth, and haven't heard or seen anything of the actual product itself.

A few screenshots and vids can be found here.

https://fenixsim.com/blog/

• Like 1

Matt Webb

I’m not much of an airbus guy, so I’ll go for the 737 for sure.

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Probably Fenix only for me, but that's just because I've become so used to FBW's A320 that I feel I'll be able to run with Fenix straight away with maximum enjoyment.  In contast, the 737 will present more of a learning curve for me (especially when I attempt to use it with a Thrustmaster Airbus joystick and throttle!).

• Like 3