Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Which will you purchase? (PMDG/ Fenix)

Which will you Purchase? (PMDG / Fenix)  

392 members have voted

1. 1. PMDG or Fenix?

I'll get Fenix A-320 first and then wait to buy the PMDG 737-800.   I have the BAE-146 now which is fantastic. 

We have not seen the hperbole  for the Fenix as we have seen for PMDG, but word has it that Fenix A-320 is a better simulation than PMDG 737.  Apparently the best we will have seen, with features we have never seen.  I will reserve judgement until we see a preview or review but this might surprise the community as a sleeper.   Can't wait for the plane to be unveiled and dropped.  

Glad I didn't fall for the P3D ported MD-82, as the most expensive plane in the sim.  Compared to the other airliners, it is looking very last generation.  People are now looking for texture and sound upgrades that should have come standard on the most expensive plane in the sim. 

Edited by sim4good
  • Like 5

Both is the short answer.

I bought the NGXu so the 700 feels free.

But if I had not then without question the Fenix.

The last two weeks I have been flying the FBW and I was shocked how good it is, but it’s no FSL. It’s nothing to do with failures, the remark some people say is “am not interested in failures” good because the FSL or the Fenix aren’t about failures there about bringing a level very few can. 
The FBW is great and imo better than Aerosoft bus was, if you like it and want to really feel how a A320 is then your in for a treat. If the leave of the FBW is enough then, don’t bother. Try a 700.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I'm more of an Airbus virtual driver, so, depending on price, Fénix will be...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Rubbish at least the FBW is half decent.

I'm gonna make a bold claim: you've familiarized yourself with neither of the three aforementioned aircraft. 

The Fbw is "half-decent"? Ha ha, you're funny. 

320 Sim Pilot "a real world short haul Airbus Pilot flying the A320 family and A320 NEO" calls the 787 heavy division mod "fantastic" and has a 2.5 hour video showing the 787 heavy division mod, with a real world 787 pilot alongside.
I suspect both pilots love to waste their time to show us exactly how the heavy division mod is "rubbish".

But, yeah, it's "rubbish". I guess I'll go back to flying the "half decent" Fbw A320.

(Disclaimer: Nobody is saying that after using the mods, Boeing is going to call and offer you a position as their chief test pilot. All three mods significantly, and in the case of the Fbw A320 dramatically, improve on the default versions. 

And, guess what? All three are free!

And calling the hard work that modders put into their mods, freely giving their time, updating the mods through the various update cycles of the core sim, rubbish - now that's really in a class of its own. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm just curious who plans on buying what?  Nothing is set in stone.  I'm planning on the PMDG 737-700 only.  I'll stay with the FBW Airbus for now.

Same for me.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

No EFB at 737. For VR a must and even a freeware FBW is able to implement a nice EFB. 

For me it's Fenix.

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Rubbish at least the FBW is half decent.

Half decent??? It is COMPLETELY decent 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Scarebus is fugly. So PMDG it is. Never been an airbus cockpit fan. I will still probably spend more time in the Maddog either way.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

6 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

Yeah see the FBW and Fenix busses, it makes sense to me that those are competitors... they're the same plane.  Can't see a bus and 73 being considered competitors though...

technically not the same plane. FBW is NEO Fenix is CEO. 

Edited by wiler
  • Like 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

5 hours ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Probably Fenix only for me, but that's just because I've become so used to FBW's A320 that I feel I'll be able to run with Fenix straight away with maximum enjoyment.  In contast, the 737 will present more of a learning curve for me (especially when I attempt to use it with a Thrustmaster Airbus joystick and throttle!).

I wonder how to set up the TO/GA switch on the thrustmaster throttle? Haven't looked into it but I suppose there's a way.

Edited by flyhalf

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

10 minutes ago, flyhalf said:

I wonder how to set up the TO/GA switch on the thrustmaster throttle? Haven't looked into it but I suppose there's a way.

I use the one in opposite position to the classic "arm spoilers" switch (second switch on the righthand side). Works great, since you never arm spoilers AND click toga. Also it "feels" good, a bit "heavier" and "more important" than the other switches on the throttle.

EDIT: More precise position: When you see the red switch on the throttle, go upwards two switches, and there it is, below the black coolie hat.
Moving it forward into the "detent" arms spoilers for me, moving it backwards is TOGA for me.

Edited by Fiorentoni

I am very interested in the Fenix, if it is what they promise I will definitely buy it, FBW is very good but I think it has years of development left and in the end it will be like having two different variants. 

PMDG maybe in the future the 800, but I'm not in a hurry having the maddog right now and I also want to see reviews. 

Even if i didnt have the credit from PMDG I would still get both, I love flight simulation too much to let go of any of these high fidelity addons...Im having a blast with the BAE and im still certainly waiting for the A310 from Ini.

Since this is my only and last sim, BOTH.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

will pick up the fenix and get the 800 in a few months time