Sign in to follow this  
captain420

What are your favorite short routes to fly in the 737/A320?

I'm looking for some very nice and scenic routes during enroute phase to and from some very scenic airports to fly in the new PMDG 737. Can you guys recommend some of your favorite short haul routes (around 1hr). Looking for scenic approaches, beautiful landscapes, etc.

Please share your flight plan here.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

LPPR to LPFR

LFBO to LEVC

EGBB to EBBR 

EDDN to LIME

All with add on airports 

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

LPFR to LPMA

YSSY - YBBN

VVTS - VVDN

VVTS - VTBS

PHKO - PHNL

PHOG - PHLI

VVNB - VHHH

RKSS - RKPC

RKSS - RKPK

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Tromsö to Bodö (ENTC - ENBO). Just beautiful display of nature's wonder in the norwegian fjords. And MSFS really shines here.

(I flew this route in a real 737NG sim a few years ago, and it was beautiful even in that context)

Edited by SAS443
  • Like 4

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

LPFR - LPPT

LEMD - LPPT

LPMT - LPPT 🙂  ( I live nearby LPMT )

LPMA - LPPS - LPMA

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

EDDT - EDDB - EDDI

not serious 😉

Edited by guenseli
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these routes are way too short to fly on an A320/737.

54 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Tromsö to Bodö (ENTC - ENBO). Just beautiful display of nature's wonder in the norwegian fjords. And MSFS really shines here.

(I flew this route in a Level-D 737NG sim a few years ago, and it was beautiful even in that context)

I’ve flown that route in a chopper in real life a few times.

Stunning Norway at it’s best!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Some of these routes are way too short to fly on an A320/737.

Not really.

There have been indeed hops between EDDB and EDDT in reality. However EDDT is not anymore.
Of course this have been transfer flights without pax.

Also there was for some months a short 747 connection between Berlin and Frankfurt after Air Berlin has vanished.
Also very unusual for a 747

Oh, and if you seek for a legitimation to make unusual flights, imagine you are a rich 737 BBJ owner or transport special, expensive cargo 😉

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Somewhere north of the Alps (e.g. LSGG, LFSB or LSZH) to LFKJ. This flight offers a variety of very different landscapes: lush green hills in northern Switzerland, the snowy peaks of the Alps, the French or Italian riviera (depending on route), a short hop over the Med, and finally the beautiful island of Corsica with its stunning mountains and beaches. The best part of it is the approach into runway 20. Especially the manual circle approach is a spectacular one as you have to fly straight towards a cliff before turning 180 degrees onto final. The RNAV approach rwy 20 is nice too. 

Sao Paolo to Rio SBRJ RNAV rwy 02R approach. Like the above approach, this is a truly spectacular one as you descend alarmingly low over the favelas, whereupon you have to make a hard turn next to Sugarloaf Mountain onto the final. There‘s an excellent payware scenery for this airport I can only recommend, which includes loads of custom buildings and landmarks, even moving cable cars. 

Athens to Samos. Stunning vistas on the  Aegean islands and a spectacular VOR DME approach. 

The same goes for Athens to Skiathos but it‘s a bit short.

LECO to LEBB. Beautiful coastline and a great approach. The recently added top-notch photogrammetry for Bilbao makes the approach even more enjoyable. LEMD to LEBB is a nice flight as well.

KJFK to KDCA river approach.

KDCA to KLGA expressway visual approach. 

KLAS to KLAX or KSFO. Great variety of  landscapes.

LEMD to LPPT or  LPPR.

GCFV to GCLA. 

Corfu or Athens to Tivat.

Somewhere to LOWI. 

LOWS or LOWI to LSGS RMAV approach. Nice descent into the Rhone Valley. A bit similar to LOWI but Sion has a narrower runway which makes it slightly trickier. 

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

What nice topic. Cannot help myself:

EHRD-LEAL 738

EHEH-EPGD A320

EHEH-LIRA 738

EHEH-EPWA A320

EHRD-LEVC 738

EHEH-LQSB A320

EHAM-LGAV 738

EPGD-EHEH A320

EHAM-EKCH 738

EHAM-EGLL 737

EGLL-EHAM 737

EHEH-LBSF A320

LBSF-EHEH A320

AND MANY MORE! Just think about the fact that my real life just ends.. with all those goodies like pmdg/fenix a virtual life starts to unfold in full tilt, no life... it ends...because of the may/june/july releases.

• Like 1

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Athens to any of the adjacent Greek Islands. Mostly done < 1 hour in an Aegean A320.

Plenty of great freeware and payware airports available as well. 

I just flew Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to KMIA. Beautiful flight that sees three countries. 

Where do I start? 😁

Ok, just from last weekend, switching between the PMDG 737 and the FBW A32NX:

SKPS (Pasto, Colombia) to SEQM (Quito, Ecuador) 

SPJC (Lima, Peru) to SPZO (Cusco, Peru)

VIDP (Delhi, India) to VNKT (Kathmandu, Nepal)

Some European flights with amazing landscapes and challenging approaches: 

LDZA (Zagreb, Croatia) to LYTV (Tivat, Montenegro)

LFMN (Nice, France) to LOWI (Innsbruck, Austria)

LFKB (Bastia Poretta, Corsica, France) to LIRQ (Florence, Italy)

LEBL (Barcelona, Spain) to LEBB (Bilbao, Spain)

...the list goes on and on!

A few from my own country: 

ENGM (Oslo, Norway) to ENBR (Bergen, Norway)

ENBR to ENAL (Ålesund, Norway) 

Up for an extra challenge? Try to land safely at ENSG Sogndal or ENSD Sandane 😉 

EDIT: 

Completely forgot about New Zealand: 

NZAA (Auckland) - NZWN (Wellington) - NZQN (Queenstown)

Just want to also add that for scenic approaches in Europe, LPPT Lisbon is probably one of my favourites!

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

My absolute favourite is CYYC-CYVR.  Gorgeous scenery over the Canadian Rockies and just over an hour.  Flown by Air Canada and WestJet often in A320s and 737s.

CYEG-CYVR would provide a similar but different perspective and it’s a bit longer.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU