Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

1 hour ago, JETPETER2 said:

got it I know it's early axis but FR is poor and stuttery ... not useable, far worse than ini builds which is terrible as well... glad to support them, on this effort , hopefully far from optimized., but I love how reviews or previews never mention performance to anyone anymore ahead of time!

This has been mentioned in any of those three streams/reviews I've watched yet, even acknowledged by the developer in the first stream on Cruiselevel. I guess you just watched the wrong streams 🙂 I wonder what exactly is taxing performance on this aircraft, can't be the pressurization system or the VNAV calculations, that's for sure...

1 hour ago, JETPETER2 said:

got it I know it's early axis but FR is poor and stuttery ... not useable, far worse than ini builds which is terrible as well... glad to support them, on this effort , hopefully far from optimized., but I love how reviews or previews never mention performance to anyone anymore ahead of time!

Slightly different experience here.  I've just had my first flight from EGNX back to EGNX, taking in a bit of the UK scenery in VR.

Definitely 'Early Release' - but not as bad as I had expected:

- FPS surprised me...while the above poor FPS experience is probably no surprise and there is an info box when you first boot up saying just that, for me it was actually about the same as the CRJ and A310 that I flew yesterday on the same settings.  Through the Reverb G2, I was getting around 38 on the tarmac ready to go, around 42 flying around at about 5000'.  I was expecting to have similar issues to yourself, @JETPETER2 .

- External rendering quite nice.  Inside passenger cabin likewise. 

- But - a surprise in the other direction - the rendering inside the cockpit was poor for me.  It was like a low resolution cockpit of yesteryear.  In fact, it reminded me a bit of FS2004.  With the rest looking fine, I don't think it's my settings and I am running on TAA so it's not a DLSS effect.

But it flew OK: most of the basic autopilot worked OK, autothrottle worked well, the basics FMS seemed to work - after my flyabout, it got me back to EGNX on an approach to Rwy27, although I am aware that VNAV doesn't work (so didn't try it).  Landing was OK (at least, OK for one my landings with the FSRealistic passengers screaming as usual) and the CRJ settings for reverse thrust also worked OK

So better than I expected - but LOTS to do to get it anywhere near some of the other offerings on the market.

Edited by AJZip
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

39.95 EUR, as early access (and the final price for early adopters on the 170/175 Bundle). 49.99 EUR the CRJ550/700 Bundle, final price. Do not know what to say for now.

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

After watching this outcome I now understand why a company like Carenado, simply doesn't engage nor communicate or involve the consumer base in development .

There is no mountainous cliff of high expectations nor promises to drop us from leaving us in total disappointment and spitefulness.

You simply get what's released when released.

Genius!!!

Black Guy Thinking Meme - Happy Wishes | Famous memes, Meme faces ...

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I love how Emi aka 737NGDriver does not mince words: "It is not even lo-fidelity, it is no-fidelity."

Naw I pass and stick with the PMDG 737-600 for now maybe relook it next October or something like that, I'm not that desperate in need of an E-Jet.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 1

Just took the 175 out for a first spin around the airport and I quite like it!  Only some minor issues at the moment (Can't assign spoilers or parking brake and the steering tiller doesn't seem to work well) but I had no problem at all flying it.  Very stable, easy to maneuver, really enjoyable!  Definitely looking forward to what comes in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I love how Emi aka 737NGDriver does not mince words: "It is not even lo-fidelity, it is no-fidelity."

Yeah hyperbole is always great when describing something. Oh wait.

Dude is milking the hostility and hate he helped generating like his life depends on it by now. 🤔

At this point, he's almost tempting me to buy this just to support a developer who is obviously receiving unwarranted abuse, but must remain strong. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Abriael said:

Yeah hyperbole is always great when describing something. Oh wait.

Dude is milking the hostility and hate he helped generating like his life depends on it by now. 🤔

At this point, he's almost tempting me to buy this just to support a developer who is obviously receiving unwarranted abuse, but must remain strong. 

That's how I felt about the video as well.  He seemed to mention that it was Early Release and then immediately throw that out the window, because when something like this is out and has multiple messages that it's incomplete you don't judge the product on what isn't there, you judge it on what is there and then you can talk about what isn't there yet.  This video was like watching a review of a full product, which it simply is not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Whatever it was that got up this blokes nose seems to have been answered by the Devs and they are rectifying.

Emi can perhaps just stay in his lane and let them get on with business.

Jase

• Like 3

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

11 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

Whatever it was that got up this blokes nose seems to have been answered by the Devs and they are rectifying.

Emi can perhaps just stay in his lane and let them get on with business.

Jase

He is entitled to his opinion but to keep going on will just damage their reputation even further like it already has. The dev's could count it has defamation.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Naw I pass and stick with the PMDG 737-600 for now maybe relook it next October or something like that, I'm not that desperate in need of an E-Jet.

Exactly! I’m new to airlines with the 736 I picked up in November for a ridiculous price tag of $35. Probably the best deal in all of flight sim add ons. Wanted to see what all the PMDG hubbub was all about. Now I’m addicted doing APL flights with the 736 non stop. With all the 175 talk I couldn’t help but think it would be a major downgrade from the 736. Seems that’s the case at this point. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

He is entitled to his opinion but to keep going on will just damage their reputation even further like it already has. The dev's could count it has defamation.

It's funny because he certainly seems to be very keen on bringing up "the law" when it arguably fits his narrative, but he definitely doesn't seem to have looked up the chapter about defamation. 🤔

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png