Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

I would have said money but comments have been made on the YouTube video etc to get loans etc go to the bank. What these people don’t seem to understand is interest rates etc it’s not that easy to do especially in times we are now. So best way is to put out a alpha/early access build.

6 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Just arrived, will watch that now.

Watched most of it and thought he was pretty fair, a good few of the issues I had noticed in TwoToneMurphy's stream (well as much as I could bear watching of it).

He was certainly clear that he would not recommend buying it NOW, but may be one to revisit. That seems fair comment to me.

G

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I'll be buying it after work today. The risk, as I see it, is that if this early access sells very well the developer may conclude that potential future sales will not be at a level whereby the time taken to fully develop the plane can be justified and that he will simply bank the cash and pull the plug. Or at least take a very casual approach to progressing it. 

Now, er,  what's that Steve Miller Band track called that's in my mind?....🤪

• Like 2

I bought, I like it.  It's better than I thought it would be. I was honestly expecting more hiccups.  Going through procedures from the Feel There/Wilco E jet days I was able to do most everything with no assistance. I was able to do an ILS approach into Phoenix no problem.  After a little trim it hand flies pretty good.  Startup procedure made sense.  I just followed the checklist in the cockpit and everything worked fine.  Followed the BURRO 4 SID out of KTUS nothing weird at all. No hunting for the line at cruise during turns.  I just used VS mode because we all know it does not have VNAV. It followed the PINNG STAR arrival into KPHX got the ILS for 08.  It's functional.  Landed nice, I could just hold the nose and ease back on the throttle, settled in with a -160fpm rate. Not sure what these streamers aren't doing, but they aren't capturing the ILS but I was able to on the first flight.

My only real complaint is frame rate is about 10 fps low.  I think this will end up being a good airplane.  I think it has been unfairly judged in the court of public opinion. But then again these are people who say the Aerosoft CRJ is just such a piece and the worst jet ever. So those people need not apply.  It looks like it is VATSIM ready so tomorrow I'll do a VATSIM flight.  The radios work fine, Ident works.  The FMS is a little finicky, but honestly it flew the route fine, it didn't hunt around or anything.  I'll try a few more difficult routes but my first impressions tonight are better than I thought it would be.

Proof I captured the glideslope.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just bought now, loading first flight!

I don't mind supporting early acces for these developers.

Also think some people are over negative about it, but the good part about that is that probably the ERJ team will want to provce them wrong badly!

9 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Also think some people are over negative about it, but the good part about that is that probably the ERJ team will want to provce them wrong badly!

Selling a early access for 40$ U.S.D and have proved nothing in the past yeah they have a lot to prove. There are far better options out there now for cheaper.

• Like 2

Did anybody actually watch Emi‘s video? This thing can‘t even do basic things like a direct-to or using level change / FLC on descent (!) and it didn‘t capture the localizer at all even though Emi followed the procedures to the point. Now that doesn‘t contradict those few people who said it flies well handflying and taxis well… but what was the job of an airliner again?

Emi said it pretty well (and he was being VERY fair in his latest video, I would have just ragequitted when it didn‘t capture the localizer): This is not early access, this is pre-alpha. I‘ve bought into many early access games and even aircraft, but none of this was as unready as this one. Now 40 Euros for this? Where is this going to end? People need to draw a line in regards to what kind of bet they are going to take (because this is what EA is), otherwise they‘ll end up offering early access for 80 Euros when the plane isn‘t even released at all. Oh wait, that did already happen.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

When they will put an end price of 80 EUR or more on this (maybe more expensive than PMDG or Fenix), it will look like the 40 EUR for now worth it 😀 Good business model. 

Also is always nice to have "beta testers" so cheap. I am fine with more people buying it, as it will be better/largely tested, so a better study level hopefully. I do not want to spend hours with an unfinished product, it will cost me more time (and some times also nerves) than the price difference in the end. 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Did anybody actually watch Emi‘s video? This thing can‘t even do basic things like a direct-to or using level change / FLC on descent (!) and it didn‘t capture the localizer at all even though Emi followed the procedures to the point. Now that doesn‘t contradict those few people who said it flies well handflying and taxis well… but what was the job of an airliner again?

Emi said it pretty well (and he was being VERY fair in his latest video, I would have just ragequitted when it didn‘t capture the localizer): This is not early access, this is pre-alpha. I‘ve bought into many early access games and even aircraft, but none of this was as unready as this one. Now 40 Euros for this? Where is this going to end? People need to draw a line in regards to what kind of bet they are going to take (because this is what EA is), otherwise they‘ll end up offering early access for 80 Euros when the plane isn‘t even released at all. Oh wait, that did already happen.

And yet, others, including in this forum (for instance @aniiran), managed where he failed. 

But regardless, 737ng Driver is not the arbiter of what early access is and what isn't. 

As a matter of fact, he doesn't even *know* what early access is, as *ALL* the examples he provided of it (fenix, PMDG, and TFDi) are inaccurate and do not fit within the commonly defined early access model.

Looking at the industry standards of early access products, this absolutely fits within that range, and not even close to the worst end.

And since I'm at it, perhaps I should let you know that "pre-alpha" is also an entirely vague definition that varies from developer to developer, so a statement like "this is not early access, this is pre-alpha" isn't just inaccurate, but it also shows some rather extreme ignorance and doesn't make a lick of sense.

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 3

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, aniiran said:

I bought, I like it.  It's better than I thought it would be. I was honestly expecting more hiccups.  Going through procedures from the Feel There/Wilco E jet days I was able to do most everything with no assistance. I was able to do an ILS approach into Phoenix no problem.  After a little trim it hand flies pretty good.  Startup procedure made sense.  I just followed the checklist in the cockpit and everything worked fine.  Followed the BURRO 4 SID out of KTUS nothing weird at all. No hunting for the line at cruise during turns.  I just used VS mode because we all know it does not have VNAV. It followed the PINNG STAR arrival into KPHX got the ILS for 08.  It's functional.  Landed nice, I could just hold the nose and ease back on the throttle, settled in with a -160fpm rate. Not sure what these streamers aren't doing, but they aren't capturing the ILS but I was able to on the first flight.

My only real complaint is frame rate is about 10 fps low.  I think this will end up being a good airplane.  I think it has been unfairly judged in the court of public opinion. But then again these are people who say the Aerosoft CRJ is just such a piece and the worst jet ever. So those people need not apply.  It looks like it is VATSIM ready so tomorrow I'll do a VATSIM flight.  The radios work fine, Ident works.  The FMS is a little finicky, but honestly it flew the route fine, it didn't hunt around or anything.  I'll try a few more difficult routes but my first impressions tonight are better than I thought it would be.

Proof I captured the glideslope.

spacer.png

Thanks for the info, how would you compare it to the Feelthere offering?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

5 hours ago, aniiran said:

I bought, I like it.  It's better than I thought it would be. I was honestly expecting more hiccups.  Going through procedures from the Feel There/Wilco E jet days I was able to do most everything with no assistance. I was able to do an ILS approach into Phoenix no problem. 

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I find it fascinating that, between a viewpoint from someone who actually bought the product versus, a viewpoint based on watching streams, the latter got more likes.

Edited by bigifooti
improved english
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Abriael said:

What bothers me deeply (and the reason why I'm posting in this thread, besides the fact that I hope this to be developed to the point that it's good) is the abuse and toxicity being sent toward the developers.

Go dig thru the Bredok3D 737 threads for a warm welcome to a new developer. And the early Bijan Seasons Pack threads, too. Pretty sure some Avsimmers showed up with ropes.

8 hours ago, Abriael said:

Unfortunately, negativity and melodrama sell well on YouTube. 

Sells well everywhere. Political commercials, US Congress vetting any cabinet appointee. Hey, as long as it gets viewers to smash that like button.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

46 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

I find it fascinating that, a viewpoint from someone who actually bought the product versus a viewpoint based on watching streams, the latter get more likes.

Because the sensationalist videos that Emi has posted, follow in-line with the manufractured emotions some people have about this aircraft and someone opposing that can bring those emotions crashing down. It obviously seems like a number of people want to be angry simply because they can and not actually look at this from a rational standpoint. It's like these people have a set view for how an aircraft should be and *NOTHING* can steer from that standpoint, otherwise you're a filthy casual and any aircraft that is released, they feel compelled to purchase it knowing full well it's not what they want in an aircraft and then turn around and complain about it. Emi's videos continue to add fuel to the roaring fire because he's only intersted in the view count, I mean look at this thumbnails and titles.

FsElite's review had a much more impartial and rational view to the aircraft and still, people refused to acknowledge and proceeded to comment with how they feel, without any sense of reasonability. Cause... drama sells.

Had a longer flight this morning, this time in 2D.  

There is a lot I like about this, even with the things that the developers are open about being not sorted yet.

- The externals really are very, very nicely rendered.  I tried a LOT livery this time - and I've flown in a real one in that livery.  Very nicely done even when you get up close

- I used the FMS to get me from EGNX to EGBB and I like what I am seeing so far of the FMS.  And it certainly got me to the landing path of Rwy33 EGBB.

- Couldn't capture the ILS but almost certainly the aircraft wasn't in the right configuration/speed/altitude...the Inibuilds A310 is exactly the same (and that's a great rendition), as is the wonderful JF BAe146 - if you haven't got everything right as a pilot, it certainly isn't going to let you press a button to hope it can take over for you!

- Taxis well

- Animation of doors, cargo hatches, etc are good

- In 2D, the cockpit looks fine.  I will try and flag through their formal bug log that the cockpit rendering in VR is poor.  Weird, really, as the externals in VR are spot on.

- FPS, for me, is - as with the VR try-out yesterday - absolutely fine in 2D too

At the moment, if that rending of the VR cockpit was better, then I would be flying this in preference to the CRJ and simply wait patiently for the FMS to catch up.  

Edited by AJZip
  • Like 2

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Another video, you can skip to the conclusions, if you so prefer.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD