Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

JF PA-38 Tomahawk coming with A2A-style features

34 minutes ago, Mace said:

What did he originally do?  I can see "Americanise" vs. "Americanize", but why would you NOT say "I had a discovery flight in a Tomahawk"?  If you wouldn't say that, how would you say it?

Heaven knows!

I think he's having fun being cryptic 😉

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

On 2/16/2024 at 7:17 AM, Bobsk8 said:

Flying death trap, worst aircraft Piper ever made. 

I got my PPL in a Traumahawk Bob… still harbor a bit of affection for her… but you did not want a departure stall in her for sure!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

23 minutes ago, JYW said:

Heaven knows!

I think he's having fun being cryptic 😉

Not at all..thought obvious, Nobody says "discovery flight" in the UK.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I got my PPL in a Traumahawk Bob… still harbor a bit of affection for her… but you did not want a departure stall in her for sure!

C

Still a quite a few in use for training here in the UK, but no spins in them or any other aeroplane for PPL here now.

22 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Not at all..thought obvious, Nobody says "discovery flight" in the UK.

Well I was born, and lived my first 25 years in eastern Canada, but still, I wouldn't have thought that "discovery flight" stands out as a non-UK phrase.

Not in the way that 'fawcet', 'zee', 'could care less', 'four hundred (no and) thirty', 'oftentimes' and 'math' do. 😄

• Upvote 1

Bill

38 minutes ago, JYW said:

Well I was born, and lived my first 25 years in eastern Canada, but still, I wouldn't have thought that "discovery flight" stands out as a non-UK phrase.

Not in the way that 'fawcet', 'zee', 'could care less', 'four hundred (no and) thirty', 'oftentimes' and 'math' do. 😄

Ive never heard it said in any UK training outfit or by anyone that has been on a trial lesson/flight in the UK...seriously nobody says it here its an American thing, Its understandable how UK flight simmers would say it as they probably have more exposure to forums that are predominantly Americanised in terminology than they do of actual flying training in the UK

I only mentioned it as a joke when you said it because of your UK flying experience and we've now gone back and forth on it over multiple posts🤣

5 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

I only mentioned it as a joke when you said it because of your UK flying experience and we've now gone back and forth on it over multiple posts🤣

Yep, once you'd finally revealed what the jeeves* it was you were referring to! 😄

I hear what your saying; it's not widely used in the UK.  Ultimately you've reminded me that I'm only a pretend Brit, although I have picked up a lot over the last 26 years in Blighty* (even some Geordie believe it or not).

*Pretty English terms? 😁

Bill

You’re a geordie Canadian? Now that is unusual. 😀

I had a good friend - very regrettably he’s no longer with us - who emigrated from Edinburgh to Ontario in his early twenties. After three fingers of Johnny Walker Black label his accent could unconsciously run from North American to low land Scots and back again absolutely seamlessly.

It made you realise where that North American lilt had come from…

For what it wroth we refer to the first flight as "introductory flight" aka "intro flight". "Discovery" is more like "puppy mill factory" catch word to lure a customer LOL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Wouldn't want one in real life. Absolutely want one in the sim. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I'd want one in real life or the sim, but I'm biased, this is my favorite GA plane of all time.

I saw in one of those vids, that if you leave the mags on, and futz around with the prop in the walkaround, it could inadvertently hand-start the engine.  That's nice attn to detail.

We've never had a PA38 this good.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

And another vid from the wonderful, indefatigable Tornado pilot CGAviator:

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

On 2/16/2024 at 12:17 PM, Bobsk8 said:

Flying death trap, worst aircraft Piper ever made. 

Excellent trainer though.  Got my PPL in one of these