F737MAX

New and cheaper alternative to Navigraph

Competition is great!

A new flight planner, NavData and LIDO chart provider is getting underway with their offering: https://www.aviaplanner.com/

3-day trial for free.

A monthly sub at $3.50 or $29 for the year.

"[Functionality] sections marked with an asterisk are under development and will be available in the next 1-2 months."

Perhaps anyone who doesn't like Navigraph's cost could try this provider and report back?

Credit to @carlanthony24 for mentioning this over on a FSElite comment section.

• Like 12

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Looks very interesting, especially for that price. I'd actually prefer the LIDO charts, but I fear that Navigraph is now so intertwined with the MSFS ecosystem that it will be difficult to compete.

It should be noted that its alternative to Navigraph Charts not Navigraph itself - it contains only charts services for now it seems

4 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

It should be noted that its alternative to Navigraph Charts not Navigraph itself - it contains only charts services for now it seems

AIRAC updates will be available within 1-2 months according to the website.

• Like 1

It looks like a service to keep an eye on. For the moment, I'm happy with my Navigraph subscription but when/if AviaPlanner gets their AIRAC updates in place, if the price remains what it is currently, I'll definitely take another look and consider switching.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Competition is great!

A new flight planner, NavData and LIDO chart provider is getting underway with their offering: https://www.aviaplanner.com/

3-day trial for free.

A monthly sub at $3.50 or $29 for the year.

"[Functionality] sections marked with an asterisk are under development and will be available in the next 1-2 months."

Perhaps anyone who doesn't like Navigraph's cost could try this provider and report back?

Credit to @carlanthony24 for mentioning this over on a FSElite comment section.

I much prefer Lido charts. Will happily give this a go.  Was really disappointed originally when Navigraph ditched the Lido charts for Jepp

• Like 2

Does it have a flight planner? I guess Navigraph won't allow them to integrate with SimBrief.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

2 minutes ago, espent said:

I guess Navigraph won't allow them to integrate with SimBrief.

Def not

So is this meant as a supplement to Navigraph? They are so integrated into the whole lifecycle of flight simming that I find it impossible to not use them.

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

12 minutes ago, espent said:

So is this meant as a supplement to Navigraph? They are so integrated into the whole lifecycle of flight simming that I find it impossible to not use them.

I would say that once AviaPlanner gets their Navdata AIRAC updates service in place, this would be intended as a replacement for Navigraph rather than a supplement.

15 minutes ago, espent said:

People said that same thing about WordPerfect and Lotus 123, among others.

Wonder what the established automakers thought when they first heard about the upstart Tesla electric vehicles?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I’m quite happy with navigraph but perhaps if anything, some competition will bring the price down a bit.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

My Navigraph subscription is one of the best subscriptions I pay for… in life, not just flight simming. It has the best value. Competition is good, though — but that’s aiming high. We’ll see!

Edited by Bdub22
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

I’m quite happy with navigraph but perhaps if anything, some competition will bring the price down a bit.

Likewise. Not so much bring prices down, but should stop them from increasing without much restraint.

Might also see new features brought in to differentiate between the different products.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter