July 3, 20251 yr 3 hours ago, Flyboy49 said: The silence is really deafening. Seems to be the forgotten Sim Update. I only hope it doesn't ruin the sim, finally got it where i want it.😅 Same here Running extremely well and looks good with my atmos settings.
July 3, 20251 yr 10 hours ago, Flyboy49 said: The silence is really deafening. Seems to be the forgotten Sim Update. My brothers in flight sim, they released the last beta for SU16 on June 23.
July 3, 20251 yr 11 hours ago, jwhak said: Guess they still haven't figured out the fix to close MSFS 2020 so the update is on hold 😉 No, Asobo found that was an easy fix. As soon as they detect a user click on the quit button, they now just inject an "Alt-F4" command into the code stream. Voila! Job done! Edited July 3, 20251 yr by bobcat999 Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind). I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio. Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's. Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.
July 3, 20251 yr Author Personally I am fine with them dragging their feet while I enjoy 2020 worry free. Anytime they inject an update I am no longer worry free. So here's to worry free me, take your time Asobo . Have a Wonderful Day -Paul Solk
July 3, 20251 yr SU16 will apparently introduce the same Bing images that are used in MSFS 2024....which means new Netherlands ground textures....which means that I should be able to start flying at Papa Hotel Design EHLE Lelystad again. Christopher Low AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D CPU / 64GB DDR5-6000 RAM / 12GB Nvidia RTX 4070 Super GPU / Gigabyte X870E Aorus Elite Wifi 7 / 1+2TB Samsung Evo Plus M2 Nvme UK2000 Beta Tester
July 3, 20251 yr Author Just now, Christopher Low said: SU16 will apparently introduce the same Bing images that are used in MSFS 2024....which means new Netherlands ground textures....which means that I should be able to start flying at Papa Hotel Design EHLE Lelystad again. I "thought" they said that the identical digital twins would not be achieved in SU16 but it is their end goal but as always, i could be wrong... Have a Wonderful Day -Paul Solk
July 3, 20251 yr 11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said: SU16 will apparently introduce the same Bing images that are used in MSFS 2024 That would be quite an upgrade for 2020. Best regards,Luis Hernández Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D (with SMT off and CO -50 mV), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX 5060Ti 16GB, 256 GB M.2 SATA SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz (G-sync compatible), Windows 11. Running P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 scenery objects as an additional library, just in case), FSX-SE, MSFS2020, MSFS2024 and even FS9! Lossless Scaling for all my sims but 2024, which uses the in-sim one.Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there at 60 locked FPS.VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/mobile.
July 3, 20251 yr 45 minutes ago, psolk said: Personally I am fine with them dragging their feet while I enjoy 2020 worry free. Anytime they inject an update I am no longer worry free. So here's to worry free me, take your time Asobo . meh..but that fix to close MSFS 2020 is needed, its quite annoying.
July 3, 20251 yr 7 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said: That would be quite an upgrade for 2020. Not sure about the result, I don't like the Bing map of FS24 at all, but I really like the mountains of FS24 if it remains sharp and clear. Apart from that, REX Atmos already transforms the current FS2020 very well.
July 3, 20251 yr Speaking of Rex Atmos wonder if they are gonna have to update Rex Atmos for the SU16 update
July 3, 20251 yr @filou Wow! That is the most natural looking lighting I have seen in the sim. Are those your own Atmos settings? This is precisely why I said i wasn't too keen on the lighting environment in 2024, but some people don't understand where I am coming from, and think I am being picky for the sake of it. Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind). I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio. Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's. Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.
July 3, 20251 yr 3 hours ago, filou said: Not sure about the result, I don't like the Bing map of FS24 at all, but I really like the mountains of FS24 if it remains sharp and clear. Apart from that, REX Atmos already transforms the current FS2020 very well. Looks great! What are you Rex Atmos settings? Would like to try them out :) AMD 7800X3D, 64GB 6000MHz CL30, INNO3D RTX 4080, Windows 11.
July 4, 20251 yr They like to get us anxious for the update while they are having a sale. Seems to be the pattern and then when the sale is over boom here comes the update. May have a method to their madness 😉
July 4, 20251 yr 15 hours ago, filou said: Not sure about the result, I don't like the Bing map of FS24 at all, but I really like the mountains of FS24 if it remains sharp and clear. Apart from that, REX Atmos already transforms the current FS2020 very well. Please share your ATMO settings DA B760M PRO4 | i5-13400F | RTX 3060 12 GB | G.Skills Ripjaws 32GB | MSI MAG A550BN | Ace Power 1 TB NVMe | Cooler Master Hyper 212
July 4, 20251 yr 16 hours ago, filou said: Not sure about the result, I don't like the Bing map of FS24 at all, but I really like the mountains of FS24 if it remains sharp and clear. Apart from that, REX Atmos already transforms the current FS2020 very well. With you 💯 also mate. What preset you using mate? Thanks Mike
Create an account or sign in to comment