Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Announcement: World Update 23 Poland & the Baltics

Featured Replies

21 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I am interested to know what the five hand crafted airports are. I did not fly in Poland until Drzewiecki Design released their free version of EPRA Warsaw Radom (which is very nice), so if any of these hand crafted ones are good quality (and can handle the PMDG 737), then I would be interested to check them out.

Well we know 3 at least

EPBC

EEKA

EVJA

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • There's no need to make a song and Gdansk about it!

  • I don't know how you make your pancakes, but there are some major mountain ranges in Poland, with the highest peak, the Rysy, rising to almost 2.500 metres, or over 8.000 feet. But in any case, why sh

  • Christopher Low
    Christopher Low

    I would think that Greece is high up on the list, but I am aware that getting permission from Zeus and his cohorts is not the easiest job in the world.

22 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I would think that Greece is high up on the list, but I am aware that getting permission from Zeus and his cohorts is not the easiest job in the world.

Not so much Zeus but the Greek government is highly sensitive about this sort of thing.

Edit: In the same vein; I do wonder what Konigsberg is going to look like in the simulator?

Edited by DD_Arthur

It certainly fills one of the last gaps in the coverage of Europe.

Now only southern Balkans and Greece is missing.

I also wouldn't mind France getting a second round of treatment.

It is in my opinion the most interesting place to explore in Europe with its wide range of geographically different regions.

Edited by Farlis

I have always said the sim needs a little more Polish. 🙃

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 hours ago, bagra4u said:

wow!?! I wonder what was the reason for this part to be chosen

probably the most boring piece of Earth

flat as pancake

I don't know how you make your pancakes, but there are some major mountain ranges in Poland, with the highest peak, the Rysy, rising to almost 2.500 metres, or over 8.000 feet.

But in any case, why should flat geography disqualify a region from receiving a World Update? Poland and the Baltic states have beautiful coastlines, vibrant cities, culturally significant architecture and a significant aviation history. All of these are great reasons for a World Update, and likely contribute to this being one of the most requested regions.

And before you ask, no, I'm not from this region myself, but I look forward to seeing it updated in MSFS! If it's not of interest to you, I fully understand that - I just don't understand the dismissive attitude.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I would think that Greece is high up on the list, but I am aware that getting permission from Zeus and his cohorts is not the easiest job in the world.

Yeah, I always felt that there was something slippery about Greece and the bufoons who run it.

Edited by cianpars

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia RTX5080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2024 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

All updates are welcome, but it's India I want most.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Those not repeated Countries-cities over all the World to explore them, are more than welcome, really thanks. And even I miss my zone in Europe, now in FS24 also with its FS9-2004 haha textures and 0 photogrammetry, nothing to do with Google Maps since 15 years ago... saddly

2 hours ago, weaklink said:

but there are some

Some? I'd say two. And only one is really significant in terms of heights. ;)

Edited by Farlis

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

but it's India I want most.

it all depends on if they can get the data and permission from the government.

And western South America, when? Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, they have the Andes Mountains and beautiful beaches and Galapagos islands.

1 hour ago, edzunu said:

And western South America, when? Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, they have the Andes Mountains and beautiful beaches and Galapagos islands.

I'd add Argentina to the list, so apathetic region from asobo.

SN737

Haven't we had The Baltics before? Or am I thinking of Euro Truck Simulator 2? 🤡

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, edzunu said:

And western South America, when? Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, they have the Andes Mountains and beautiful beaches and Galapagos islands.

Jorg said they have some new stuff made for South America, but they're waiting on new imagery and photogrammetry.

I'm all for everyone getting a World Update. I'd like to see what Africa has to offer and not just South Africa or Egypt. I'd like to see the areas around Kuala Lumpur and south east Asia get a look. India would be good. The Middle East. Maybe these places have the same issue as China and the geo political stuff, but IMO, it would be nice to see other areas than the 2nd or 3rd (Insert North America or European) country update.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.