Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Blunt Warning: Sign Your Posts- Or...

Gents-

For the entirety of the time in which PMDG has hosted our forums at AVSim, we have required users to sign their posts.

We do not care if you are 12 and can't remember to towel off after a shower before putting your clothes on.

We do not care if you are 75 and think rules are for teenagers.

We do not care if you are a head of state, movie star or famous footie player.

We do not care if you test fly every airplane that comes out of both airbus and boeing.

We do not care if you a third world dictator with a bad haircut and a funny suit.

Sign your posts in this forum, or we will remove the posts without comment or question.

If you are a multiple violator, we will take steps against your user account up to and including banning.

It isn't hard...  In the airline business we call this "Comply or Die." 

(And if you are a famous footie player- we might actually give you some leeway- but only if you come hang with us during a company outing...)  :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

How about Elvis?

Thank ya very much

ZORAN

It's too bad plenty of people will still ignore this rule.  :(

It's not that they ignore it, they just don't bother to read stickies or announcements.

They go straight to the meat of the forums and start reading/posting.

"We do not care if you are 75 and think rules are for teenagers."

Wait till YOU get to 75. You'll change your mind! if you still have one by then  :blink:

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

It's not that they ignore it, they just don't bother to read stickies or announcements.

They go straight to the meat of the forums and start reading/posting.

Maybe  that's right, but usually in most post there is  always some mentioning  about  signing your name thing.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

That is a direct order from the Captain gals and guys.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Yellow card and then red card. That would be my approach...

Honestly I don't want to spread my name in the www myself, especially when comes to hobbies. But I obay to the rules. I just put a jpeg with my name in my sig. Problem solved...

cheers,
NiIs U.

AMD 5800X3D | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | RTX 4070 12GB @ 1920x1050px

Gents-

[...]

We do not care if you a third world dictator with a bad haircut and a funny suit.

[...]

Haha, best sentence in your post.  :rofl:

Philipp Schwaegerl

I have my name in my sig and have no issue with it but what is the reason yal want it?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hello Rob, I'm seeing this more and more the past few days. 

BTW, prefer your old profile pic :) 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

If your 75, you might not be able to remember your name. Then you will need somebody to make a signature up for you, when you forget you can then make a post. Just not "When will [name of aircraft] be released"

When you say football, I'm guessing that you mean that game that you carry the ball in your hands, not the football that you use your foot with. Just joking before this gets into an argument!!!

Peace be with you.

I have my name in my sig and have no issue with it but what is the reason yal want it?

Helps to read the forum requirements when using forums (just like it helps to read the legal documents you sign, like leases, loan docs, and other contracts)  :wink:

"We require this for several reasons - first and foremost we feel that it fosters a more respectful and cordial atmosphere when people speak to each other knowing who is behind each post instead of a psuedonym. I wouldn't walk up to someone in person and introduce myself as 'Tabs'...

Secondly, this is unfortunate but we do have a sizable number of pirates asking (sometimes even demanding outright) support for products they stole from us. Seeing names attached to support requests allows us to verify that the request is legitimate."

From this post (which is posted in the top level PMDG forum, and repeated in the subforums):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

Kyle Rodgers