Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

FSFX "New View" Announcment

Looks cool but would have definitely liked to see a new recorder tool.

Wasn't a new recorder product just released?

Does it actually do anything that isn't already available in ezdok? I mean, the ability to change views within the sim is easily accomplished with ezdok and button or key assignments. For realistic dynamic head movements, Opus for the win.

Looking at the presentation, I would say it does quite a few things EZdok and OPUS do not. 

fsfx.jpg

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

doesn't look like you can set a hotkey for each view.  Maybe its there and I did not see it, however, this is critical for me to move over from EZDok as I have my key cameras assigned to my number pad.

i also like assigning my views that way, it would be a factor for me too. i'm optimistic that having hotkeys would not be a feature they overlooked. the dev seems pretty open to suggestions as well,in the presentation he called out the cinema mode feature as being an idea from one of the users.

overall it looks kinda cool to me. i like how much simpler it looks like it is to fine tune how much wobble you want from the various physics sources.

cheers

-andy crosby

i'm optimistic that having hotkeys would not be a feature they overlooked.

You are right!

They are included and working already

Other Interesting questions from this thread will be answered on Saturday's OVPA stream.

Thanks you guys for the insane interest you have for this product. We can't wait for you to try it!

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

No mention of a comparable world camera view similar to what the opus cam have where it can track the aircraft landing or taxing, will this feature or similar be included?

tpewpb-6.png

Looking forward to this,   Snazy looking User-face.

Best of luck with it Keven !  

• Upvote 1

No mention of a comparable world camera view similar to what the opus cam have where it can track the aircraft landing or taxing, will this feature or similar be included?

If you look above at the screen shot of the features, it says "Static Camera Mode" which one would interpret as a similar camera to World Camera which is completely detached from the aircraft. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Wasn't a new recorder product just released?

There seems to be a something recently releasedon Simmarket which has recorder functionality, but there are no reviews for it at all.  Always a bad sign.  It's EUR18

I look forward to trying this new powerful tool.

And above all to get rid of EZCA!!

Chaseplane interface looks smart and user friendly.

I have one question in mind though.

What will be the real added value of Chaseplane now that we have the Cinematographer mode available in P3D?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

All due respect the movement in ezdok is way more realistic otherwise I would be using opus at least I can pan the way I want in opus but the feeling of floating in ezdok is the best Iv'e seen imo 

Correct Richard I agree however EZDOK and Win 10 isn't a happy marriage I'm not the only one ;-)

From it looks like it's a dead end regarding support for it too...

André

Correct Richard I agree however EZDOK and Win 10 isn't a happy marriage I'm not the only one ;-)

From it looks like it's a dead end regarding support for it too...

Hmm interesting - I dont seem to have a problem with it on windows 10 but I dont use a lot of the features just the basic bump effects

Rich Sennett

Will Chasecam be able to pan around the plane 360 degrees when viewing the plane in external view? This is one thing I liked from X-Plane 10. Can't do this with EZDok.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Will Chasecam be able to pan around the plane 360 degrees when viewing the plane in external view? This is one thing I liked from X-Plane 10. Can't do this with EZDok.

You can do this with FSX/P3D default settings. I have F11 associated to the 360° pan view and yes, it can coexist with Ezdok views.