Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

FSX 10 Years today!

Happy birthday FSX! What a great decade. Exactly October 10, 2006 FSX was released.

• Upvote 1

Alexander Colka

Happy b-day FSX! I still love you :)

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Wow that is really an achievement!

Happy Release Birthday :D

Still love FSX too :)

No migration plans ^^

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

Happy birthday! I still remember what a mess it was at launch.

Yup..it sure was..

I loved the water in FSX (what a leap from FS9 water) and globe (not flat earth) which broke a bunch of Addon Airports..notably, Vauchez (Flightzone 01 KPVD and flightzone02 (KPDX)

and more importantly, the new PC I had built (top of the line at that time) specifically for FSX ran like a dog and I quit simming for over 2 years. Dark ages!

And then the apocalypse! MS quit Flight Simming! Oh, the Horror!

But still, FSX is l good today which has morphed into P3D by LM (The Savior) and all is well in this world.

:Tounge:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is there any other software game still being played in the same numbers after ten straight years, I wonder?

Considering it still crushes PCs, it doesn't play like a 10 year old game that's for sure.

Happy birthday! I still remember what a mess it was at launch.

Not sure how much better it is today.

spacer.png

Is there any other software game still being played in the same numbers after ten straight years, I wonder?

theres a few out there. world of warcraft 12th anniversary is next month and they still have around 5 million subscribers or so. counterstrike is almost 16 years and has 300k users on steam last month..

but it's a pretty small list for sure.

cheers

-andy crosby

Falcon 4.0 AKA Falcon BMS...community is thousands strong.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Happy birthday FSX! What a great decade. Exactly October 10, 2006 FSX was released.

Well it's actually a said day because it reminds of the two years cycle we had back then with a "new" flight simulator

(we would be now at FS15). Lucky us the community is still going strong :-)

André

Happy Birthday, from FS2004, your 13 year old brother. Yup, we still going very strong. Not quite forgotten yet. :hi: 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

M$ Train Sim might hold the record. Not 100% sure. Released in 2001. Been morphed to Open Rails. P3D of the TS world.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Exactly October 10, 2006 FSX was released....

I was one of the lucky few who's local Best Buy store decided to put FSX on the shelves early - on October 4th, 2006.

Going way back in the wayback machine to the AVSIM thread from that day.

Fun times... fun times!