Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

ABOUT FS2004 CARENADO PRODUCTS

Your right I'm just ticked about this. It would have been better if the plug was pulled after the F33A and Caravan as we've watched those birds with great interest on Caranado's site for quite a while. Now it's all up in smoke... Speaking of going back to FS9 I wouldn't poo poo that idea just yet. Again reliable sources are pointing to a possibility FS11 could build very much from that code as the foundation for it's development. Yes there's advancements and of course it's a new sim with new technologies very different from the current incarnation of FS9 but just the same who's to say where the development path for creation of aircraft will go. Of course all of this has yet to be seen but FS anything where people are buying has just got a new shot in the arm thanks to Microsoft and bailing on something people are still using at this point sinceless...
Agreed. And there are a lot of FS9ers ###### as well that don't frequent the forums. I know this. For a fact. Don't ask how or why, It just is what it is. We must live with it. And it sucks. Bring on Flight!!

Great news! Maybe this means we can finally get some 3D gauges...
Agreed.... time to move on guys... FS9 came out in what, 2003?I run FSX just fine - look at my specs :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Given that FS9 does not support multicore processing in any way whatsoever, I would find it exceptionally difficult to believe that a new FS would be based on FS9 code...I can't see how any development team would spend time and money on a new game/sim and base it on software that is at least 8 years old currently.Since the onset of FTX, I have hardly launched FS9... My current system runs it well enough for my purposes (it may not be all sliders to the right, but I don't use AI traffic at all... I have the ground textures and so on at high settings, scenery complexity at dense, autogen at normal/dense using a cfg tweak to reduce the max buildings per cell, water low 2x, and REX/ASE for clouds at 1024X1024...)If and when I can get a new generation i7 or something, I will, and I am sure FSX/FTX will look even better than it already does. My E8500 at 3.4GHz does a grand job with my present settings, and even the JS4100 is flyable into places like Tamworth, Hervey Bay, and so on...Of course it is a shame that Carenado has stopped developing for FS9, but that is their business decision. It seems that some are taking this decision as a personal affront by Carenado. I am sure they have been in this business long enough to know where the market is, who buys what, when, and for which version of FS...We must accept it, whether we like it or not, though it does not harm to voice one's opinion...Andrew

Guest acezboy561

To be honest, if FS9ers stopped buying add-ons and used that money to save up for a new PC to run FSX, theyd have it in no time.

To be honest, if FS9ers stopped buying add-ons and used that money to save up for a new PC to run FSX, theyd have it in no time.
You know, that's not the first time you've said that. And it shouldn't matter. To anyone. It wasn't the first time you posted it, nor is it now, an FSX vs FS9 topic. Quit trying to make it a testimonial on your behalf, alright? And for the record, "to be honest...if FS9ers stopped buying A LOT OF THINGS (alcohol, cigarettes, food, clothing, cars etc) and used that money to save for a new PC to run FSX, they would have it...in no time." Please consider leaving this be?...

And if money for new computers and add-ons wasn't an issue, what makes all these guys think fs9ers want fsx?Phil

Phil

Why waist money on a new PC now for FSX when one can get a better one for FS11 when it comes out? If FS11 turns out to be total crap we'd still get a new PC (which would be more powerful than anything out today) and install FSX. It makes no since now that Flight! is around the corner to make a purchase like that. Besides with FS9 looking like this why bother with FSX at this point.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Nice doing business with you carenado, no way will I move to fsx ,later......

Agreed.... time to move on guys... FS9 came out in what, 2003?
HAHAHAAAAAAA...I must have missed this one while perusing the forum; So...let me get this straight: FS9 came out in 2003, so it isn't any good anymore? My car is a 2003. So I should sell it because it isn't the latest and greatest? Humph. They still make plenty of parts for it, though....Just%20Kidding.gif

I have to admint from the consumer/simmer side that the developers slowly but surely pulling the plug on FS9 is a bit of a kick in the teeth, but they don't do it to kick dirt in the eyes of the FS9 user. They obviously do some marketing research before making these decisions. As time goes on , hardware gets cheaper and the average FS9 user is better off by waiting until our current FSX systems that can run up to 3k can be put together for 1/2 or even a 1/4 of the price! which won't be long :( Then FSX will be a more appealing product. History will show that we don't see anyone complaining that Carenado won't make products for FS02 or FS98...ect.Not at all meant to cause a war. Just some insight! :(

I have an old poster for this thread...Just adding a little humor... what happened to those girls?

I have an old poster for this thread...Just adding a little humor... what happened to those girls?
Nice!!! :( By the looks of them in that poster, I'm afraid they beat eachother to death or maybe it was the cigaretes!!! :Thinking:I gave up smoking years ago. Now it's second had smoke that really worries me. my second hand always has a smoke in it! :(

"if FS9ers stopped buying A LOT OF THINGS (alcohol, cigarettes, food, clothing, cars etc) and used that money to save for a new PC to run FSX, they would have it...in no time"Or they could stop their charity donations. But wait, since charity is a good thing I'm not sure I should have said that. On the third hand so is drinking alcohol. A new long term medical study making the news media today (e.g. Drudge) shows binge drinkers live longer than teetotalers. The moderate drinkers live longer than both. And by a huge amount if the beverage is red wine. Tarot card showing angel pouring wine into water jug recommending the moderation virtue, bible saying 'a little wine is good for stomach'. Looks like commons sense wins again. Pass on the cigarettes, have a little burgundy. Operate FS9 on a mid-price computer instead of paying a fortune chasing FS10 compatible hardware.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.