Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

I kinda like how the DVA Cooler (forum) is, because they keep it G or PG rated, so nobody gets mad, and gets in a big discussion, becasue this isn't the streets. You may never know who goes on here, it could be your BOSS like at DVA.
I must admit, I had to google DVA Cooler to see what it was you were talking about, lol. I think they do a pretty good job here on the PMDG forum of keeping it a nice place to visit, as well as all the Avsim forums. Other "friendly" FS forums are the ORBX and REX forum. The worst FS forum must be the FlyTampa one. It's like the wild west over there. You would't believe the way the memebers talk to each other and the pics they post. Which is pretty surprising to me that a dev like FlyTampa lets their forum pretty much go unmoderated.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The manuals/tutorials are typically the last thing we do during development - I can't say for certain, but we usually try to make them available before hand. I have no idea on the hard copy manuals yet either, sorry - I know those didn't sell as well as we'd hoped with the MD-11 though, we only sold a handful of them.
I'll be the first to buy the hardcopies of th B737NGX manuals.

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

Check me off for a Manual, deffently wil buy oneRon Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have noticed the same type of thing in society a lot more lately. It used to be the opposite, you show up in court dressed well and act like a respectable person and you would probably increase your odds of getting a favorable judgement. Know I guess its in your best interest to dress like a thug with your pants hanging off your butt and act like a jerk and things will go your way, lol. Maybe poeple in positions of higher authority, like the judge in your case, just dont want to deal with people like the guy behind you because they knew he would probably be a loud mouth and just wanted to make the best of it and get him out of thier way.
Welcome to my world!! I see this everyday. I know this is off topic, but I saw three people in court the other day for the exact same offence. First two were polite and well dressed and got over a $500 fine each. The last one as Turbine put it, with his pants hanging off he's butt and got let off!!Just to get back on topic, I can't wait for the NG as I too lost it when I moved to FSX.Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Guest acezboy561

By Christmas I hope to do daily flights across the entire east coast of Australia with FTX and PMDG 737.Start at dawn at YMLT>YMML(have a break)>YCSB>YBBN(have another break)>YBCS (end of the flight)

By Christmas I hope to do daily flights across the entire east coast of Australia with FTX and PMDG 737.Start at dawn at YMLT>YMML(have a break)>YCSB>YBBN(have another break)>YBCS (end of the flight)
I'm with you on that one. FTX, REX and NGX the closest thing to a wet dream I've had in years lol ;). Simply stunning especially in my home cockpit with 180 degree viewing can't wait.Put me down for a copy of the hard back manuals also.Mike Kendall

Looking very much forward to the release of the PMDG NGX! I can understand some of the dissapointment that was written here though. But i think only Boeing is to blame for making a Next Generation aircraft with a 1970's interior :(. I had a little of the same dissapointment after flying a certain A320 for a while. The NG appeared very grey and uncomfortable at first. Why didn't Boeing change this in the NG 737? Doesn't have to look like a Bus but maybe like a Mustang or something different like the look of modern cars interior nowadays.Keep them coming, the screenshots and the updates

This immediately brings me to my second post in this thread. Those lightbulbs on the overhead are both looking me straight in the eye. Does this mean we can point the lightbeam where we want? If thats the case i'm quite sure we will have those modern kind of landing/taxi lights too :(

This immediately brings me to my second post in this thread. Those lightbulbs on the overhead are both looking me straight in the eye. Does this mean we can point the lightbeam where we want? If thats the case i'm quite sure we will have those modern kind of landing/taxi lights too :(
Sharp eye there, Gerrit. I just had a closer look at it myself and noted those quite bright areas behind the rudder pedals. Wondering if they are supposed to be that bright, unless you flash at em...!? Look at this guy for example: airliners.net/photo/Virgin-Blue-Airlines/Boeing-737-8FE/1714367/L (I know I can't link but copy'n'paste should do the trick).Comparing those two clearly reveals there are some more problems with FSX lighting. I truely hope MSFlight or whatever it will be will get a major improvement in lighting engine. I am aware of the fact I am comparing a photo (with just one unique lighting condition) to some FSX shot but still.sig.gif

I truely hope MSFlight or whatever it will be will get a major improvement in lighting engine. I am aware of the fact I am comparing a photo (with just one unique lighting condition) to some FSX shot but still.
I don't think there will be a problem with the graphics of MSFlight - it is the REALISM and SIMULATION aspects I worry about. I think it will be aimed at the gaming market, not the simulation market.FSX already showed us the direction MS were heading in with the mission system and big green floating arrows in the sky. :( Would have been nice to have seen the ill-fated CFS4 flight model being included in MSFS, but that would be getting too technical.Best regards,Robin.

Guest wims
I don't think there will be a problem with the graphics of MSFlight - it is the REALISM and SIMULATION aspects I worry about. I think it will be aimed at the gaming market, not the simulation market.FSX already showed us the direction MS were heading in with the mission system and big green floating arrows in the sky. :( Best regards,Robin.
What makes you worry about the realism and simulation aspect? Everything ive heard about this has been that it will be a simulator, and their previous flight titles have all been simulators as well

The big problem is when it comes to accuracy of modeling flight, it fails. Anything beyond straight and level flight is not modeled accurately, including accelerated stalls, spins, a dynamic airflow that makes you feel you are actually flying through air, stall speeds are not accurate whatsoever (stall AoA is the same regardless of altitude which is wholly incorrect), slats are not modeled at all - the slats we know are simply flaps... the list goes on.The worst part is this core aspect of the SIMULATOR hasn't changed since FS98.The flight model of CFS3, and the never released CFS4 are far more complex than what is currently in MSFS. I wish they updated it!Currently the best flight models in a PC simulation are in modified versions of Falcon 4.0 (F-16 sim) and DCS:BS (Ka-50 helicopter).Sim:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3uK2dhHlbkBest regards,Robin.

I can't seem to view the images on page 6 I get an error #10173Thanks,Josh Katz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_NeFcA8EZsThis is a real sim. You can't just jump in and fly it - you'll crash.Best regards,Robin.
I can't seem to view the images on page 6 I get an error #10173Thanks,Josh Katz
I see the thumbnail but when I click to view a larger version, I just get a white box that looks like it is loading but is doing nothing.Best regards,Robin.