Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

Should I buy it or not?

hello,After having many hours of fun from PMDG 747 and md 11 (still learning to fly), I am planning to buy Level D 767 for FSX. I just want to know, is that model as functional as PMDGs 747, I mean with fully functional FMC, overhead panel, real handing, engine controls, air conditioning, fully functional autopilot with all ILS, VOR etc. etc. capabilities etc. Is it worth every penny like 747 or md 11 do. Also, is the operating manual of lds 767 easy to follow and too is written in good english. I came through some manuals like ariane 737 or abacus which were written in poor english and were very difficult to follow. If Leved-D Simulations Boeing 767 has all the following features, then I will buy it. I want to hear the review from you guys about it because I don't want to waste $$$s.Thank you,Prakhar Tripathi

hello,After having many hours of fun from PMDG 747 and md 11 (still learning to fly), I am planning to buy Level D 767 for FSX. I just want to know, is that model as functional as PMDGs 747, I mean with fully functional FMC, overhead panel, real handing, engine controls, air conditioning, fully functional autopilot with all ILS, VOR etc. etc. capabilities etc. Is it worth every penny like 747 or md 11 do. Also, is the operating manual of lds 767 easy to follow and too is written in good english. I came through some manuals like ariane 737 or abacus which were written in poor english and were very difficult to follow. If Leved-D Simulations Boeing 767 has all the following features, then I will buy it. I want to hear the review from you guys about it because I don't want to waste $$$s.Thank you,Prakhar Tripathi
Yes to everything.It is purchased via Flight1 so you can try for upto 30days and then get a refund if you don't like it.There are 3 tutorials that I know of that can be downloaded from the Level-D website. Add FS2Crew and the AOA Training and you are all set.Download the manual here and read it to see the different things that are modelled.

Don't walk, but run to buy the Level-D 767. Aside from PMDG, one of the best detailed and most stable add-ons for FSX.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

i like the lds alot, but the old vc graphics are really disturbing if you fly the md 11 / js41 alot.looking forward to there 757 also

It was at one time one of the best addons you could get, and it's still very good, but it's seriously beginning to show its age. Trust me, you won't fly it once the NGX comes out, so I would skip it. PMDG have or will have enough planes to keep you busy for a long time. I remember I used to fly it a lot though, got some nice memories.

It was at one time one of the best addons you could get, and it's still very good, but it's seriously beginning to show its age. Trust me, you won't fly it once the NGX comes out, so I would skip it. PMDG have or will have enough planes to keep you busy for a long time. I remember I used to fly it a lot though, got some nice memories.
Agreed.It is quality, but nowhere near the quality you'd find here.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi,The VC, graphically, may not be as good looking as recent VCs, but the systems are at least as good as PMDG, if not better (the 767 failure model is very good whereas I find the PMDG 744 failure module to seem to want to throw failures at you in in quick succession up to the limit set, though PMDG have re-written theirs for the 737NGX).I highly recommend it.Another excellent add-on (the best for FS IMHO) is the LSH MD-82. It even includes the kitchen sink.Best regards,Robin.

If you don't mind the graphics in the 747 you probably won't mind the graphics in the 767, they are comparable, except for the overhead panel, and the static fmc in the VC, other then that its a great bird to fly.

The advantage over PMDG products would be the framerate and SDK. I find it performs much better than their 747 in FSX.

It's too old.
So are the pyramids...Buy it. It's one of the best.

Great aircraft, does exactly what it promises. I don't find the graphics dated and framerates are good. Documentation is fine and together with the Angle of Attack training videos, learning it will not be a problem.The only reason I can think not to buy it, is simply if you have a 744 and MD11 already, why go for another long range aircraft (not too suggest that the 767 cant do short flights, as it does). It was the first payware aircraft I bought and, after buying many others since, I reckon it was the best value. I will also purchase the PMDG 737 when it is released, but I would always want a 767 in the stable and the level-d is the best around, still. With a 30 days return option from flight1, its a win-win situation.

Gerard Marley

LDS767: My first FS high quality addon. It is excellent. Might be a bit old but still works and feels great.

So are the pyramids...Buy it. It's one of the best.
Hahaha!!! THX for a Great laugh!!!!Big%20Grin.gif

The LevelD 763 is one of the best addons out there,, as ryan says the VC is outdated by modern standards, but it is still very very good, not all the overhead is 3D..I have used the Captain sim, but it doesnt look or feel like a 767 at all,, Get some TSS soundpacks for it and its amazing, here are a few pictures i took today :)68y34n.jpg204.2fps,, oh dear FS :Danlaj4.jpgOn top of a virgin...a2dbud.jpg

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK