Sign in to follow this  
777flyer101

Should I buy it or not?

I heard about LSH MD-82, I liked it a lot but then I changed my mind and bought abacus 787. that was the worst decision of my life. But whenever I will get time I will buy LSH md82.regards,Prakhar Tripathi

Hi,The VC, graphically, may not be as good looking as recent VCs, but the systems are at least as good as PMDG, if not better (the 767 failure model is very good whereas I find the PMDG 744 failure module to seem to want to throw failures at you in in quick succession up to the limit set, though PMDG have re-written theirs for the 737NGX).I highly recommend it.Another excellent add-on (the best for FS IMHO) is the LSH MD-82. It even includes the kitchen sink.Best regards,Robin.
more than 90% of us will do purchase pmdg 737 ngx
Great aircraft, does exactly what it promises. I don't find the graphics dated and framerates are good. Documentation is fine and together with the Angle of Attack training videos, learning it will not be a problem.The only reason I can think not to buy it, is simply if you have a 744 and MD11 already, why go for another long range aircraft (not too suggest that the 767 cant do short flights, as it does). It was the first payware aircraft I bought and, after buying many others since, I reckon it was the best value. I will also purchase the PMDG 737 when it is released, but I would always want a 767 in the stable and the level-d is the best around, still. With a 30 days return option from flight1, its a win-win situation.
graphics do look dated but it performs very well. I saw a youtube video.I think I should buy this.thank you for replies,Prakhar Tripathi

I'd say its one of the best FS airliners of all time. People tend to group the LevelD 767 with the PMDG heavies as the cream of the crop, and based on my experience with it, I agree (hence my screenname). The systems modeling is top notch and the fps are excellent. Not sure if you are aware, but some PMDG birds are affected by a a "S-Turn" bug with real world FSX weather with turbulence, the LevelD is not impacted by this issue and can fly with turbulence enabled. The S-turn bug is not a deal breaker for me since I can just turn off turbulence when I'm flying the PMDGs, but it's worth noting.Alas, the LevelD is an old bird, and the vintage of the product (FS2002-2004) is evident if you compare it aircraft released in the past 2-3 years: - Flat, boring engine sounds. The first thing you should do is get a freeware or payware (TSS) soundset, the default sounds really are horrible.- The VC, which was ground breaking when it was designed when VC's were the exception rather than the norm, is pretty plain and flat. It looks fine and is readable, it just doesn't have as many 3d buttons as newer VCs. But you should know that this lack of complexity in the VC contributes to exceptional frame rates!- I do have some quibbles with the exclusion of some rather important VC features, which after flying the PMDG's for an extended time recently, makes it hard for me to fire her up again. The FMC is a static image, which forces the user to pull up a 2d panel. Not good, especially during high workload situations. The FS2004 PMDG 737 was of equal vintage, yet I believe it had a functioning FMC in their VC. Also, the radio pedestal is non functioning in the LevelD VC.It can be hard to recommend the LevelD when the NGX is just around the corner, but the 767 is an important part of any Boeing fanatic's hanger. I flew it exclusively for the first half of last year, but once I tried the PMDG 747 and MD-11, I was spoiled by their full featured VCs and find it hard to return to the 767. I am looking forward to LevelD's 757, and hopefully a "V 2.0" of the venerable 767 is in the works as well. Bottom line though, the LevelD is still a top quality tubeliner and has plenty of advantages working in its favor it you are willing to overlook the dated VC, namely the systems fidelity, a smooth flight model (she is a joy to hand fly!), and smooth frames. Lastly, you can plausibly fly short or medium range routes with the 767 which wouldn't seem right with other heavies like the 747 and MD-11. I believe British Airways operates a London Heathrow to Paris Charles DeGaulle flight (at least that is what my AI shows) Give it a shot!

So are the pyramids...Buy it. It's one of the best.
lol thats the quote of the century!! dude, the LDS 767 is an AWESOME bird. everything is fully modelled and functional. Yeah its a bit old but more than worth it. I've clocked up a few hundred hours on the old bird. Better be quick though, they're 30 year old planes (I think) and they're going the way of the dodo esp with the A330 and B787 being used as replacements.

The panel is a bit dated, but over all this is a fantastic sim. I highly recomend it! I currently have 466 hours on mine! :(

Another vote here for the LDS 767. I probably have more hours in it that any other a/c in my sig, although I have owned it for much longer than any of the others as well.As far as the VC goes, its a touch dated, however not bad at all and it really looks nice with the updated textures Andres Folkers did, which is also included in the free winglets update.The VC update had been out for a while for the non-winglet model and I never installed it, but after doing the winglet update its automatically installed and now I am kicking myself for never having used the updated textures a long time ago. Its almost like a new VC.Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

BUY IT.NAO.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Sigh double post...I only clicked it once, I SWEAR!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Lvd 767 is in my view a better plane regarding framerate and overall sim experince than the PMDG planes. The PMDG is far better in VC, but are more sluggish if you have other addons installed.But it anf fly it , you will not be disappointed. It is a MUST have.Roæld

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I read all the comments and I thank all of you for spending their precious time with this post. I will get trial version first, if I will like it, I will buy. But, one thing I want clarify is that, as per some other LDS 767 videos and reviews, there are many switches which are 2D modeled and overhead panel looks sluggish, the keys don't manipulate very responsibly, and if I were to buy this, I will try this bird before as it is a good opportunity to at least judge before buying anything. Moreover, it would be the second Boeing in my fleet after PMDG 747. You are free to share any other views,I respect you all.regards,Prakhar Tripathi

I read all the comments and I thank all of you for spending their precious time with this post. I will get trial version first, if I will like it, I will buy. But, one thing I want clarify is that, as per some other LDS 767 videos and reviews, there are many switches which are 2D modeled and overhead panel looks sluggish, the keys don't manipulate very responsibly, and if I were to buy this, I will try this bird before as it is a good opportunity to at least judge before buying anything. Moreover, it would be the second Boeing in my fleet after PMDG 747. You are free to share any other views,I respect you all.regards,Prakhar Tripathi
I'm not sure what you're implying here, there is no legal "trial version" of the LDS 767. Please do not pirate addons - Flight 1 has a 30 day money back guarantee, just buy the plane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have been using the Level-D 767 since it came on the market several years ago, It is the best 767 you can get on the market to date. I would highly suggest getting it!! PMDG is the only company that makes a better aircraft.

Solid piece of work. It's pretty much the only add-on that I still have from back when it was released.It was king back in its PIC Wilco days, and is still hanging with today's best.

-Cory Crabtree