Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

A bit of Candy...

Unless Randazzo and his team are somehow lying about what they are doing, what will be released is going to be the most advanced and most detailed aircraft in the history of consumer flight simulation. Let that sink in for a second...in the history of flight simulation. PMDG is planning on releasing a product that doesn't bother raising the bar, they are planning on taking the whole bar home and daring anyone to take it back from them!!!!You gotta ask. How long does it take to paint or sculpt a masterpiece? If PMDG was only planning on releasing a product at the same level as the PMDG 747 or LDS 767 that would be one thing. But what they are doing is attempting to deliver a product that makes the most complex aircraft for FS look amateurish by comparison. The thought of that gives me goosebumps.So, let the painters paint and the sculptors sculpt. When the curtain is finally removed methinks that no one will care how long it took or what was or wasn't said. In the same token, PMDG has a LOT to live up to in regard to this release...no pressure.
Your post hits it on the head. This is going to be a groundbreaking plane and that takes time to get it right the first time.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Hi everyone!First of all, greaat product, I really think it'll be a water division not just in FSX but in flight simulator in general. I'm felling very sorry for that people who own a real cockpit simulator because they will not use these perfect made button, switches... (actually I'm very jealous and would love one of that cabins too Drooling.gif)Robert, would you mind telling us if you are using some addon scenery to LOWI and the region around in general? So we can prepare at least a good scenery for the tutorials heheThanks for the attention and one more time, great job!! And take the time you need, even if it means one more year I don't mind (Ok I'll mind a little but that's just me hehehe)CYABruno Fontanella.

The VC looks really nice, good job guys.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

PMDG redefines AWESOMENESS!!!! :Applause:PMDG please excuse the rif raf comments about release time deadlines, etc. :( Us seasoned long term simmers know of the infinite bumps in the road and occasional crevasse that needs to be conquered for PMDG to redefine fidelity and quality with each add-on release.Cheers,BB

Are you sure you don't want to post some of those screenshots on A.net? They might be able to get past the screeners!

PMDG redefines AWESOMENESS!!!! :Applause:PMDG please excuse the rif raf comments about release time deadlines, etc. :( Us seasoned long term simmers know of the infinite bumps in the road and occasional crevasse that needs to be conquered for PMDG to redefine fidelity and quality with each add-on release.Cheers,BB
Haha, that's for sure, I've been a PMDG customer since their 767 for Fly! (was that their second product?). I've never been one to get upset about release dates and timelines. Though I will say that the LDS 757 was announced so many years ago without any updates on the status that I'm beginning to wonder.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Haha, that's for sure, I've been a PMDG customer since their 767 for Fly! (was that their second product?). I've never been one to get upset about release dates and timelines. Though I will say that the LDS 757 was announced so many years ago without any updates on the status that I'm beginning to wonder.
I recall the trasition from FLY! to FS was a major one.BB

Thanks for the Update!!While your are testing on crazy STARs, can you test on ILS DME 5R to MMMX?this is a crazy approach that I've found no add-on can complete accurately without manually programming the fixes.Excellent Job! This image is unbelievable and greatly surpases anything created for FSX.Credit card ready.........

Looks and sound as an awesome product, but how about the computer specs, how does a recommended setup looks like.CPU.GPU.RAM.what I fear most is that, when I buy this product, my computer won't be able to run it with an acceptable frame rate.

Jon-If you can run the PMDG MD-11X or the PMDG 747-400X, then this will run exceptionally well.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Jon-If you can run the PMDG MD-11X or the PMDG 747-400X, then this will run exceptionally well.
Robert-- What techniques have you guys taken to improve FPS performance?

Robert-- What techniques have you guys taken to improve FPS performance?
Ben-There are plenty of standard coding techniques to be sure... But a big part of the improvement in performance came out of the ground-up rewrite to get rid of an archaic and poorly theorized code structure that we had been using.Then of course there are a few proprietary techniques that we have developed to work around some major flaws in FSX...(You like how I just told a whole lot of something without telling you anything? I learned that while running for office.... :( )

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I wish there was a way to do pushback accurately. By this, I mean that at present with the PMDG 747-400 we can choose the distance to have the aircraft be pushed back and the angle at which it will be pushed back to. However, I rarely manage to guess the correct distance from the gate to the taxi line where the pushback will end at. Is this something PMDG can address in the NGX, or something that can be looked at for future products?

I wish there was a way to do pushback accurately. By this, I mean that at present with the PMDG 747-400 we can choose the distance to have the aircraft be pushed back and the angle at which it will be pushed back to. However, I rarely manage to guess the correct distance from the gate to the taxi line where the pushback will end at. Is this something PMDG can address in the NGX, or something that can be looked at for future products?
I know exactly what you mean. Even for the LDS pushback where you tell the truck how many meters/feet and the angle does not work very well for me because I am not the best judger for distances. If there was (not necessarily by PMDG, but by anyone who could do it) a little curser or arrow that you could place on the tarmac/taxiway you want to be pushed back to, you could point the direction that you want to be facing and place it however far back you would like to be.Regards

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

The thing here is that it's unrealistic to really ever hear that stuff from the cockpit. The pilots are dealing with taxiing the airplane, running checklists and talking to ground ATC - they aren't listening to the passenger safety video. Even with the cockpit door open it's unlikely you'd hear that stuff - the packs and recirc fans are quite loud on the NG.
Just to clear the things up about the cabin PA:To say it is unrealistic is both right and wrong.Wrong - because the pilots can listen to PA's made in the PAX cabin by the flight attendants. To do that they use the flight deck audio panel providing separate volume control for that (nicely simulated by FS2CREW). Usually they keep an ear to what is going on behind to follow up with the cattle at the back. And even with the packs and the whole background noise you can still hear the PA in the cabin even behind the closed flight deck door - I personally experienced it many times on B777 and A330/A340 flight decks. I presume on B737 being even smaller the pilots should be able to hear even better.Right - the pilots do switch off the audio for the cabin PA's. Or they switch off their ears for non important sounds during the critical phases of the flight anyway.P.S. FS2CREW will take care of this particulars anyway.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931