Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

A Minority Report

Great post, Stephen. Those are my exact thoughts while flying the beta and exploring the folders and inner workings. :(

Brandon Filer

Lold I still believe that all optimism regarding Flight is going to be proved false. I mean its clearly stated that Flight will not have whole world, so it can never be any kind of replacement for FSX to me at least.Why would they model serious long haul airliner if there is no place to fly with it as there will be just some small regions?I suspect that Flight is very low budget project anyways so they wont model any serious airliners also because of low fundings, and will not offer anything for those who like longer haul flights with big planes.
Some people are in complete shock, they don't want to beleive that MS is dumb enough to think MS pilotwings will catch on.. It will not catch on in it's current form, X-box'ers are not going ot buy the DLC and simmers will not buy it either

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Some people are in complete shock, they don't want to believe that MS is dumb enough to think MS pilotwings will catch on..
Occam's razor is on your side. Not to say they won't change course though when pilotwings doesn't pan out (just don't mistake it for their original plan).

Stephen.I agree with you 100% & think the same 100% as your post.I just can't put into words aswell as your opening post.I think anyone who thinks MS needs the FSX third party developers are wrong this is MS they can employ other designers FSX third party developers are not the only people in the world who can make this stuff.Again I look at that Battleship in the port that was not done without the help of third party developers that was done in house & it looks better then anything I have seen before on FSX.Did MS really need the third party developers in the first place I don't think so, I think they wanted to give them a chance to join MS before MS Flight took the FSX user base away & there money.But alot of people think that without them Flight will fail.I also believe that the third party developers 3 big players are now running scared, why the need for the Forum posts about them & flight why did Prepar3D feel the need to say the words 'and trying not to sound defensive!'Well you are.But I am not expecting everything to happen on the first day but alot of the FSX fans will, hell some even think that the leaked beta videos of flight is the final product & are saying how bad the textures look.MS made FSX, MS made Flight that's good for me.

This would sound encouraging, were it not for the following facts:1. Flight is built on the same 32-bit base code with a lot of added functionality. If we were to retain all of FSX's functions and add in what we have already seen, we'll have even less VM space for our beloved add-ons.
There is code base for 64bit

Occam's razor is on your side. Not to say they won't change course though when pilotwings doesn't pan out (just don't mistake it for their original plan).
Are you sure? The simplest explanation I see is that Microsoft, who have defined and produced the basis of flight simming as we know it, will continue to do so. Who is going to challenge them if they want to continue their dominance? It seems obvious to me that Occam's razor supports that they can, and will do so, since that is their express stated, and restated, and stated again intent..Kind regards, Edited by SpiritFlyer

There is code base for 64bit
Care to elaborate on this? What evidence do you have? a 64-bit launcher? What?
Are you sure? The simplest explanation I see is that Microsoft, who have defined and produced the basis of flight simming as we know it, will continue to do so. Who is going to challenge them if they want to continue their dominance? It seems obvious to me that Occam's razor supports that they can, and will do so, since that is their express stated, and restated, and stated again intent..Kind regards,
The only company that could wrest FS from MS and might just do it for fun is Google. :(

Clues floating around....... :vava:Some of you guys better not download Flight, you'll get lost.... :help:I know a guys who is chief of security at one of the Trump International Hotel....his sister is the one cleaning one of the office in Redmond.and...... :(
Wake up Allain..lets get the sister snooping

Hey, Mad Dog, glad you asked since you have nailed an important question, but I cannot answer it. Have some faith brother! :(
Nothing on the beta NDA agreement states that you are unable to state that you are on the beta or not.

Great post, Stephen. Those are my exact thoughts while flying the beta and exploring the folders and inner workings. :(
Wait to come out of the NDA closet! :(

It puts MS FLight on your Live gamer tag so it's easy to see who is in the beta and truth be told it really seems like everyone is in it. Anywho, the OP made alot of valid points. A friend of mine saw alot of functionality hidden in the beta that seems to support a deeper flightsim than what has been shown.

It puts MS FLight on your Live gamer tag so it's easy to see who is in the beta and truth be told it really seems like everyone is in it. Anywho, the OP made alot of valid points. A friend of mine saw alot of functionality hidden in the beta that seems to support a deeper flightsim than what has been shown.
I am actually dissapointed I didn't get in... :/

I am actually dissapointed I didn't get in... :/
You would be even more dissapointed if you did get in!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.