Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

OpusFSX

It would be useful if you could email us your c:\OpusFSX\Themes\OpusWeather.txt file so that we can try the same conditions here and let us know where you were.

Cheers

Cheryl

I'm still getting sometimes sudden wind changes. The airplane shakes quite a lot and then returns back to normal. It's like i'm getting 90kts tailwind, then changes rapidly to 90kts headwind and back to 90kts tailwind.

I'm not sure this is what's happening, as it happens so fast i only see the plane shaking. Just wanted to let you know.

Ive gotten the same thing recently. Its a quick shake. I think its after it updates the weather. im on the latest version.

Also the weather suddenly appears and dissappears. it was much more gradual before.

On the plus side, the TAT has been more consistent than the previous builds even though you say its from FSX.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Thanks for the feedback I was just about to ask if it happened during an update.

We haven't changed anything recently which would change the way the weather gradually updates, perhaps the METARs for the particular area you were flying in are not being updated as frequently? Just a suggestion. Can't claim to have modified the TAT handling either.

Thanks

Cheryl

We have found something that might be causing the problem so we will change that and post a new version soon.

Regards

Cheryl

I just woke up and i'm reading this prior to going to work, so i can only send you the data in about 9 hours. This "phenomena" happens all around the world Cheryl, i witnessed it in LGIR - LMML and later on TXKF - LPPT although it happens on every flight.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

No need to send the data thanks since it should be fixed in the next version, so give that a try and let us know how you get on.

I havent bought this yet. I have used the demo a few times and I must say that it is amazing. I load FSX to the menus, start Opus, set the FS weather to clear, start the flight and by the time I am in the cockpit the weather is loaded. It is bang on realistic to what I see out of the window when I fly from EGCC.

Reading the issues that are being reported here and the responses from Cheryl and Stephen is phenomenal . The regular updates are no doubt appreciated by those that use Opus without users having to wait 6 months for an update with the issue just added to a list of things to do. Certain companies take note that this is the newly raised bar for customer service!

Will be buying this within the next few weeks for sure when I have more time to fly, GEX has released new updates/installers and I have reinstalled FSX.

Reading the issues that are being reported here and the responses from Cheryl and Stephen is phenomenal . The regular updates are no doubt appreciated by those that use Opus without users having to wait 6 months for an update with the issue just added to a list of things to do. Certain companies take note that this is the newly raised bar for customer service!

+100 Well said

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi guys I'm looking at buying this have a question, does this work like EZDOK to look around the cockpit and exterior of the plane etc or is it mainly for the weather option. Ie create views etc etc thank you I advance Wayne.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

OPUS has dynamic head movements built in so you can get rid of EZDOK if you wish.

According to the OPUS authors they are also working on 'screen shaking' (for lack of a better definition) for cockpit builders.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi guys I'm looking at buying this have a question, does this work like EZDOK to look around the cockpit and exterior of the plane etc or is it mainly for the weather option. Ie create views etc etc thank you I advance Wayne.

I don't own EZDOK, but was probably going to add it to my shopping list ... until I discovered OpusFSX. What you get is a SUPERB weather engine AND the ability to set up cockpit or external cameras so you can admire your beautiful simulated aeroplane from any angle you want. And from what I have read about EZDOK, setting up cameras in Opus is a breeze by comparison. Oh, AND Opus adds a network capability, although I haven't delved into that yet. In other words, THREE programs in ONE neat package, and the best online support and continual development you could ask for!

SkipperMac

they are also working on 'screen shaking' (for lack of a better definition) for cockpit builders.

We have already implemented this option called Dynamic Aircraft Movement (DAM) on the server for 2D 'scenic' views, just enable DHM on your 2D views. We are waiting for feedback from users before implementing it on the clients.

Cheryl

Has this program implemented linear look to turn yet or is it still in steps?

Yep, we have implemented an Enable Smooth Head Movements option for Automated Head Movements (AHM) and you can also choose stepped if you prefer. AHM is automatically disabled when using TrackIR.

Cheryl