Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

FSL A320

This is one release that I will require a step by step guide to get me going. Hope FSL is working on that as well.

Their Concorde contains a very good tutorial, I'm very confident that this will be the same with the Airbus. :)

When the FSL version has been released I will wait for the reports and if it's good

If the airbus systems are built to the depth, that Concorde's systems were built with, and if the models just as good then this is a definite purchase for me- don't know why you would question if this is going to be good

If the airbus systems are built to the depth, that Concorde's systems were built with

Sometimes I wish that were the case - it would mean finding bugs wouldn't be so tedious!

As it stands, the infrastructure we've put in place to support our Airbus series far surpasses anything we did for Concorde-X. I think we have over 60,000 connection points between our systems on the A320-X, via various protocols (ARINC) and analogue electrical feeds. Because the systems are mapped one-to-one on the real thing - tracking down a bug can take a significant amount of time! Fortunately we've developed in-house utilities that help us monitor the internals of all the systems on our aircraft.

Watching all those systems come to life when you connect the aircraft to a power source and go through their individual self-test programs makes it all worthwhile :smile:

Indecently I used to be a 'Boeing guy' too - I have fond memories of flying Eric Ernst 767 V7.0 and Lou Betti's Dreamfleet 737-400. Working on this project has certainly given me a new found respect for the A320 - it's a very clever piece of kit.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

As it stands, the infrastructure we've put in place to support our Airbus series far surpasses anything we did for Concorde-X. I think we have over 60,000 connection points between our systems on the A320-X, via various protocols (ARINC) and analogue electrical feeds. Because the systems are mapped one-to-one on the real thing - tracking down a bug can take a significant amount of time! Fortunately we've developed in-house utilities that help us monitor the internals of all the systems on our aircraft.

Watching all those systems come to life when you connect the aircraft to a power source and go through their individual self-test programs makes it all worthwhile :smile:

Wow sounds amazing- can't wait for release.

I wish all the best luck to the developers, but I still find this warning by BIGSKY in the other thread very much pertinent:

http://forum.avsim.n...25#entry2543118

Cheers,

Dirk.

Perhaps, but FSL have already proven themselves with both the Concorde and products that came before FSL itself (PMDG aircraft, SSTSIM etc). I'm not sure it's an entirely fair comparison, but I understand where you're coming from.

Perhaps, but FSL have already proven themselves with both the Concorde and products that came before FSL itself (PMDG aircraft, SSTSIM etc).

Yes, you are also making a fair point. So much the better.

Dirk.

Just bumping this thread out of general excitement for the a320 and frustration at how long it is taking. Grrrrrrr....

Looking forward to see the VC all lit up and hope it is up to par. Was thinking about an airbus cockpit and how there are fewer animations going on compared with the NGX given the lack of a yoke and thrust levers staying in one place. Might make for better frames?

Peter

+1 to your bump!

Patiently waiting for this and refraining myself from asking......? You know what im saying :lol:

Chris Howard

Expect an update from us very soon, with some new screenshots.

Excellent!

Looking forward to it/them!

Chris Howard

Just bumping this thread out of general excitement for the a320 and frustration at how long it is taking. Grrrrrrr....

Looking forward to see the VC all lit up and hope it is up to par. Was thinking about an airbus cockpit and how there are fewer animations going on compared with the NGX given the lack of a yoke and thrust levers staying in one place. Might make for better frames?

Peter

I'm not in the know about this at all but it could be a yes or no answer. If the animations themselves take frames then yes, you may see a jump in fps, BUT technically the animations are always there because they animate to user input (just not in flight on AP of course).

Expect an update from us very soon, with some new screenshots.

Hmm this was already said from Lefteris last year in December.......

Hmm this was already said from Lefteris last year in December.......

Which is pretty normal for a lot/most of developers, that includes outside of flight sim.

"soon" is a scary word out of a developers mouth. :P