Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Are you using DX9 or DX10?

DX9 +ENB series+shade+REX

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

What is this gentleman, Steve going to fix still? I have yet to try dx10 sure to the night issues.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Several incompatibilities.  You'll have to check out the DX10 Forum for details.  PaulJ is keeping on top of the upcoming fixes.  It's not a for sure thing though as nothing is guaranteed to work for everyone.  Personally, I'm completely satisfied with all the fixes he has done to date.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Just shows we're all not running Playstation 3's here. Everybody's experience will be different.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Some necromancy brought this thread up from the grave, but I missed it first time around...

I've gotten hooked on DX10 with its enhanced visuals and performance.  I've had a few times where its shortcomings irritated me enough to switch back, but that lasts only for a few days.  The switch between the two is at most a five minute operation (at least for me).  If I do night flying I usually switch back to DX9.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I guess some of you guys use extremely high LOD values because blurry textures are more noticeable with larger, higher resolution, widescreen monitors? I use LOD=4.5, and I do not have a problem with blurry textures in the distance, but I am still running FSX at 1280x1024 resolution on a standard 19" TFT monitor.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

DX10..Since doing so I havent had an OOM,CTD or "FSX has stopped working". I can fly the PMDG NGX with ORBX scenery to my fat hearts content.

I've been using the DX10 since ever..

It's better for the whole FSX stability and it boost the performance quite a bit!

But lately, I found out that alot of people are having much better graphics in FSX with ENB shader..

I also tried SweetFx but I didn't like it, switched to DX9 and couldn't be happier.

My understanding is that RadeonPro fixes this, at least i'm pretty sure that user "cvearl" said that.  

I tried DX10, really like it; but found that EGCC xtreme with AES just looked awful at night, solid grey textures. In the end too many compromises, so i moved back to DX9

True. Radeonpro is like nvidia inspector for ATI. It does lock vsync no prob. And it has Dynamic Framerate Control where you can set a max frame rate. So I lock at 30 and set FSX to unlimited. This works smoother and with higher frame rates than with no lock and 30 set in FSX. With nvidia it was the other way around for me. Smoother with 30 set in fsx and no external limiter.

DX10 needs add on dev support at this point. Its no longer bugged. But many add ons have not been optimized or tested wiwith it it seems.

This turned out to be a lot closer than I expected. If I did the tally correctly:

DX9:   38

DX10: 31

FWIW, I am very reluctant to buy any add-ons that are not DX10 compatible now.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I am bored of switching for different usage. DX9 for night lights of some airports and DX10 for no CTDs.

Recently moved to DX10 and won't go back.  The only issues I have right now are the OrbX "night lighting" flashing.  I can live with disabling that and just having the lighted ground textures similar to how default does it.  I believe eventually those will be fixed anyway as FTX redoes their night lighting as I believe they said would happen as part of making their older products come in line with FTX Global's new night lighting.  (pretty sure I read in one of the big FTX Global threads over there that John said that was going to happen)  I don't own any of the big addon airports that have the gray textures issues, and never really planned to, so the only thing I lost was some misc. freeware planes I downloaded years ago before I could really even run FSX and never used them.  Most were silly things anyway like UFO's and such.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I revert to DX9 when I'm using add-ons that are not DX10 compatible.  I don't mind switching back and forth.  With my specs, DX10 seems smoother and faster.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)