Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Are you using DX9 or DX10?

Just curious, are most flight simmers flying DX9 or DX10. Has there been a recent poll on this? I know there have been recent posts on DX9 and DX10, but I have never seen any poles of the use of one verses the other.

My system appears to be running good enough in DX9 that I am somewhat hesitant to go thru the whole 10 yards to convert to DX10 -- it looks like a fairly cumbersome process.

I expect this might be moved to the DX10 forum, but hope not, because it will get more exposure in the FSX forum as this post pertains to both DX9 and DX10.

well my system does not work with DX9, its unstable and full of flickering.

so i have no choice, i switch DX10, and i am good with :)

my system is enough to run DX9 normally (gtx 660, i5 3570k 4.5ghz) but i think i have a software issue ... it used to work a few months ago ... I tried to fix several times then i discovered DX10 :)

Just curious, are most flight simmers flying DX9 or DX10. Has there been a recent poll on this? I know there have been recent posts on DX9 and DX10, but I have never seen any poles of the use of one verses the other.

I've tried all the DX10 fixes and tweaks, but then, in the end, the performance in DX9 is no worse, and, if anything, more consistent. So I'm staying with DX9.

The graphics looks better in DX9 to be honest, but I think that may because the tweaks, whilst managing to fix most default graphics issues with DX10, don't really cover all add-on sceneries, and also (not that it matters a great deal to me as I hardly ever look at it), in DX10 mode my own aircraft is all white, completely textureless!

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I'm still stuck with DX9, mainly because of FlyTampa doesn't offer DX10 support(or did I miss something?). I wouldn't really bother about that, because I don't fly to most of their airports at night, but Kai Tak has a very special atmosphere at night, and I'd really enjoy it not half as much in the "pseudo-DX10 mode" with only default apron and runway textures.

I hate to change to 10 when 9 has never been better. Recent upgrades, as in OC to 4.0, SSD, and GTX 660ti, along with Word Not Allowed's instructions, have me very pleased ATM.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

DX9. Works like a charm. Compatible with everything I need too. I see no need at all to switch to DX10. Never change a winning team.

DX9 for me. Don't want to bother with the tweaks needed to get it running in DX10, and also texture problems with certain addons keep me firmly planted in FSX's native environment.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

DX9 - I've done the whole DX10 experience and although their are some advantages their are still many inconsistencies that remain and take away from the immersion for me to switch.

DX10 for sure!

Reasons for DX10:

25% frame rate improvement using a standardized test flight

NO OOM problems

Problems with DX10:

Had to turn off Land Detail Textures to eliminate shimmering but I see no difference in visual difference with it off when compared to a DX9 flight with it on

A few shareware aircraft don't work 100% in DX10

Implementation:

Once I took the advice of Paul J and followed his and others instructions literally and precisely - I had no problem with the DX implementation

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Dx10 all the way

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I've tried all the DX10 fixes and tweaks, but then, in the end, the performance in DX9 is no worse, and, if anything, more consistent. So I'm staying with DX9.

The graphics looks better in DX9 to be honest, but I think that may because the tweaks, whilst managing to fix most default graphics issues with DX10, don't really cover all add-on sceneries, and also (not that it matters a great deal to me as I hardly ever look at it), in DX10 mode my own aircraft is all white, completely textureless!

Regards

Pete

DX9 ;-)

André

DX9 and DX10 work fine on my current build but I'm using DX9 currently because the AA seems to work better. The water shader fix for DX10 is nice but I'm still preferring Bojotes DX9 shader 3 water fix. Also I'm working on a new DX11 dll that (if I can get it to work) will translate FSX DX9 / DX10 calls to the DX11 API. My thought is that there could be a performance gain to using the DX11 engine over DX9 / DX10 but any new features would not be supported of course. Cheers jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png