Sign in to follow this  
ijorge511

Frooglesim Live Stream

My pleasure sharing the info with you guys, thought most of you would enjoy it.

All the screenshots and videos the beta team have been putting out have really made the wait much more bearable (along with some time in the full motion NG and 777 sim hahah ;) ).

I think the bounce might have been what caused the AT to engage TOGA, although from my understanding it won't go to IDLE automatically unless your doing a LAND3 app with the AP. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Will have to check that out if I get into the sim before the PMDG comes out hahah.

No, i think that´s wrong! I saw a lot of videos of real T7 cockpit landings. Everytime the pilots disconnected the autopilot. But they left the AT on during the whole landing process. At about 30ft over ground, the AT put the thrust automatically in to idle position. I don´t know what the problem was but you can read the standard for the T7 here: 

"When the autothrottle is used during a manual landing, thrust reduces to IDLE at 25 feet radio altitude when the flight director is off or the pitch mode is V/S, FPA, G/S, or any VNAV mode (VNAV SPEED, VNAV PATH, VNAV ALT). The autothrottle does not automatically retard if the pitch mode is TO/GA or FLCH. " 

I found this in an B777 manual! 

I know what he did wrong, apparently some folks seem to misunderstand the auto throttle system in thinking it ALWAYS retards thrust to idle during landing. The truth is it only does so when you're on an ILS approach specifically tracking the glide slope, so because he got high on the approach ,didn't intercept the glide slope, the afds didn't go into the full ILS mode hence why the auto throttle didn't go to idle and remained in speed mode. Try it out in the NG, you'll get the same result.

Exactly, he should have disengaged the A/T arm switch before touchdown!!

Completely wrong on both counts here actually. The 777 A/T *always* retards to idle at 25 feet RA. Doesn't matter what kind of approach you're doing or if the FDs are on or off etc. It's standard procedure at most 777 operators to land with the A/T on, even if handflying.

I didn't see Pete's video so I'm not sure exactly what happened, but we do have it modeled like the real thing with respect to this. It's more advanced than the NG and allows the A/T to stay on for NPAs and visuals.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Is there a chance of watching this afterhand because i missed it thx

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Yes, I am watching it right now....go to his channel and then go to past broadcasts....it should be there!

Why doesnt the airport get preserved from the POS INt page to the RTE page like the NGX?

Actually i stand corrected, i watched the video over again, the glideslope did in fact capture later on (when i watched the stream first it was stopping every few seconds so i must have missed it) it seems during rollout GS mode disengaged and the A/T went from IDLE to SPEED and accelerated the engines, so no idea what happened, as froogle said might have been a control issue he had

I noticed the elevators didn't droop. Is this normal because all hydraulic pumps were off?

*sry. I know it's still in beta.

I am no expert on a 777, but there was a bounce at the end and i dont know if that maybe triggered a go around or if it was a accidental button hit somewhere. I did in fact watch the whole live stream and let me tell you that bird is amazing! This is my first post on avsim so please be easy on me.

cheers

Completely wrong on both counts here actually. The 777 A/T *always* retards to idle at 25 feet RA. Doesn't matter what kind of approach you're doing or if the FDs are on or off etc. It's standard procedure at most 777 operators to land with the A/T on, even if handflying.

I didn't see Pete's video so I'm not sure exactly what happened, but we do have it modeled like the real thing with respect to this. It's more advanced than the NG and allows the A/T to stay on for NPAs and visuals.

I messed up the approach and bounced. Fairly sure thats what triggered toga.

I noticed the elevators didn't droop. Is this normal because all hydraulic pumps were off?

I believe it takes some time for them to droop.

Never the less it was a great stream and awesome time... thank you froogle for sharing the live stream. It was a pleasure to watch.

Never the less it was a great stream and awesome time... thank you froogle for sharing the live stream. It was a pleasure to watch.

Thanks to the 300 or so of you that joined in over the course of the stream and an EPIC thanks to my mods who did an amazing job at eliminating the usual puerile trolling that occurs on these things - one guy got banned before I even had a chance to see what he said, they were so on the ball.

But beyond all that what an amazing job the PMDG crew have done with this aircraft. Its the first beta I've ever had enough confidence to live stream and it didn't disappoint with jaw dropping performance, and rock solid stability. No bugs, no errors and no crashes.

Maybe next time I'll let the YouTube crowd know and we'll see about smashing through the 1000 simultaneous viewers mark for a giggle ;)

Thanks for doing it last night Froogle, really enjoyed it and you did fine to say it was live!

Adam

Thanks to the 300 or so of you that joined in over the course of the stream and an EPIC thanks to my mods who did an amazing job at eliminating the usual puerile trolling that occurs on these things - one guy got banned before I even had a chance to see what he said, they were so on the ball.

But beyond all that what an amazing job the PMDG crew have done with this aircraft. Its the first beta I've ever had enough confidence to live stream and it didn't disappoint with jaw dropping performance, and rock solid stability. No bugs, no errors and no crashes.

Maybe next time I'll let the YouTube crowd know and we'll see about smashing through the 1000 simultaneous viewers mark for a giggle ;)

Amazing stream, it was awesome, i watched it recorded not live, due to time zones.. but please next time you will take-off add just a bit power then TOGA .. not bit power then 110% and then toga ;) again, awesome stream thank you so much for that, many interesting things you showed good work!

Thanks for the correction Ryan! I learn something knew everyday! I went back and looked at the approach. He was in G/S speed mode on the approach, the throttles did initially retarded at 25ft RA, He bounced and on the second touchdown, the speed mode indicator blanked, and that's when the throttles spooled up. There was no TO/GA indication.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d