Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

Carenado next project Hawker 850 XP

Only trying to clarify and be accurate. B)

The page you reference above contains the 400XPR and 800XPR not the H850 as depicted in the OP link to the Carenado announcement.

Oh I agree totally with you. Absolute accuracy is always best. Sometimes I get a little sloppy when we are repeating the same stuff in the same thread over and over. If they didn't know the difference in the aircraft, they do now.

As far as I know, no one has 'recently built' anything for FSX other than the Just Flight 800XP Bizjet and it was woefully lacking in some areas. My Avsim review stated . . . . Model numbers like the 750, 850, and 900 series were all just 800 series with very minor changes but, gave the marketing department something to use to attract sales.

But just so you know that I know . . .The Hawker 400XPR is a jet that has been upgraded and modernized time and time again. The aircraft is a good example of constant evolution. Originally a derivative of the Mitsubishi MU-300 Diamond, which dates back to 1978, Hawker took over production in the mid 1980s. In 1990, it was officially re-released as the Beechjet 400A, which in turn was eventually upgraded to become the Hawker 400XP in 2003. Finally, in 2012, the aircraft was upgraded and modernized once again as the Hawker 400XPR. This most recent upgrade gives those who enjoyed the size and comfort of the 400XP additional performance capabilities including longer range, superior hot-and-high performance, and all-around better technology.

As for a flight simulation model of the Hawker 400XPR we can expect a high flying, fast cruising, steep climbing, long range, corporate jet with the latest in cockpit avionics that can takeoff and land at many smaller outlying airports. Yes only 3,900 feet is needed for takeoff fully loaded. That brings a lot more FSX airports into play with a light load or ferry flights.

We can also expect to have updated WAAS capability with the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 flight deck with upgradable AIRAC data. Of course, this will all come at a cost premium as these things do take time and money to produce and update.

With potential to climb direct from Sea Level to FL450 in 19 minutes at MTOW and then fly 8 passengers almost 1,500 NM those who fly online for hire should be suitably impressed.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks for understanding Ray.

We are  concerned with accuracy at times because folks ask about things which they've read and have no relationship to what we are actually saying or doing. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

This comment made me smile. With all of the commercial games out now, when a young person decides to take on the learning process of flight simming, I think that’s awesome.

Oh we exist! I just think most "younger" simmers are a little afraid of a big forum site like Avsim, cause I know I was. I'm glad I got into FSX first instead of some of the more shoot 'em up flight sims. It really taught me a lot in many parts of aviation, especially navigation, which is a lot to learn at a young age. 

And just cause we're 12-17 years of age, and can only put decent flight time in on the weekends, doesn't mean we don't know what realism is.  :smile:

But that's exactly the problem I have with Carenado, They are now building what should be complex aircraft but they are not able to program the systems needed to really do these projects properly.

After waiting so long  for someone to build business jets for FSX to modern standards It is a real disappointment that it is Carenado that is developing these models.

They cater to people who don't want to spend 30 minutes setting a plane up 

• Upvote 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Carenado and Wilco now in the biz jet market...... :wacko:

Competition is usually good for everyone. One day soon we should have a hangar full of new models of corporate jets with all the latest bells and whistles and easy on the eyes VC. If we want to blow and go, maybe the Carenado will fit the bill, if we want more, better and deeper then maybe one of the other developers will fill that cup for us.

Heck, I have the ES Citation X and CJ1+, the Flight1 Mustang, the Lionheart VictoryJet, the FSD Cirrus SF50 Jet, the Lear Early Jets pack and the Just Flight 800XP bizjet. All are different and all for fun. Some much better than others, but fun just the same.

I for one am looking forward to some great choices, maybe even this year.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Wow, i always wanted a CTRL-E Hawker 850.

</irony>

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Looks like before carenado was the normal GA aircraft and their sub-branch alabeo was into bit "different" aircraft but now it seems that it has sifted to alabeo being the GA producer and carenado concentrating on the bizjets. 

Alabeo: incoming C177B cardinal, C195 businessliner, PS28 Piper Sport

Carenado: Incoming EMB500 Phenom 100 and Hawker 850 xp.

But yeah i concur with the "realism-crowd" that if they can't accurately simulate the displays, navigation and flying characteristics with the bizjets then..

If only that would listen to us and do an old stream business jet. I think most of us would be happy with that

Projects they do are what they have access to... I too wish for a Falcon 10 but they prolly dont have access to it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest JetFueler

Projects they do are what they have access to... I too wish for a Falcon 10 but they prolly dont have access to it.

I've got two Falcon 10s ripped apart in the hangar right now.  All they need to do is ask. And LeeL hit the nail on the head- if only they'd listen to their customers.  We know what kind of depth Carenado is capable of so we KNOW what we would want from them.  I wonder at which point they alienate their customers by continuing to charge 39.99 for aircraft worth 29.99 at best.  Is there anyone that would disagree that they were at their best around the C337 release?  I know there are only so many GA planes to do that will sell reasonably and they have nearly exhausted the Piper, Cessna and Beech line ups but I feel it speaks volumes about the vintage and style of those aircraft released through that run from Carenado.  How about a new C421?  Or a C425 Conquest I?  Maybe a Cheyenne 400LS? Citation 525 if you must make jets?  A return to that form would be most welcomed I am sure.  And then they can charge their 39.99 all day because we won't feel like we are paying for the things they left out!

Yes all those are good ideas for needed aircraft.

If they listen to the comments just on their Facebook page nothing will change

I'm also not saying they should change their aircraft just because some don't like it, but they need to change their prices then

I've got two Falcon 10s ripped apart in the hangar right now. All they need to do is ask. And LeeL hit the nail on the head- if only they'd listen to their customers. We know what kind of depth Carenado is capable of so we KNOW what we would want from them. I wonder at which point they alienate their customers by continuing to charge 39.99 for aircraft worth 29.99 at best. Is there anyone that would disagree that they were at their best around the C337 release? I know there are only so many GA planes to do that will sell reasonably and they have nearly exhausted the Piper, Cessna and Beech line ups but I feel it speaks volumes about the vintage and style of those aircraft released through that run from Carenado. How about a new C421? Or a C425 Conquest I? Maybe a Cheyenne 400LS? Citation 525 if you must make jets? A return to that form would be most welcomed I am sure. And then they can charge their 39.99 all day because we won't feel like we are paying for the things they left out!

You live in Chile?

And about the price - don't like it? Don't buy it. I'm more than happy to buy one and use RXP 2D popup. Plus let's not forget about Eaglesoft - they'll have a new line of products that are probably mostly simulated.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You all need to quit whining, if you don't like it do something about it. Roll over to the carenado website shoot them an email and tell them how you feel. All this useless complaining gets you nowhere.