Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

The DX10 train has left the track

Ron- please don't quote me anymore, especially when using rolling eyes.

...But I guess I should explain my sense of wonder:

If I were a dude to purchase a "franchise license" (story is the AVSIM forum), I might request that third parties cease the distribution "fixers" for FSX.

Ron- please don't quote me anymore, especially when using rolling eyes.

...But I guess I should explain my sense of wonder:

If I were a dude to purchase a "franchise license" (story is the AVSIM forum), I might request that third parties cease the distribution "fixers" for FSX.

OK, won't quote you anymore. :rolleyes:  Do 'dudes' purchase franchises? I thought 'dudes' were under 16.

Take no notice of me mate. Every one is entitled to a sense of wonder. Even me. :rolleyes:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

@ Ron:

Fair enough  :-)

let me edit my quoted post to *cease the distribution *of fixers.

Oh, and you're never to old to be a 'dude'.

slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me what the 2 recent software update provide?

Hmm??? I wonder if that has anything to do with the license sale of Microsoft's flightsim ?

Apologize for going a little off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I was wondering why I couldn't download the new version last night. It just hung up and stopped downloading

:P Timothy Murphy

I was wondering why I couldn't download the new version last night. It just hung up and stopped downloading

If you already purchased it you should be able to download the latest version (2.3) from your FSS purchase download section.  I was able to download it last night without issue and it was the latest 2.3 update.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

I asked the question over at SteveFX's blog as to why it was pulled from sale along with asking if 2.3 was ok to use, thinking that this may have been the reason for withdrawing it from the market.

Steve answered that 2.3 is fine but did not answer the question regarding pulling the software from FSS or indicate if it would be made available again.

Shame for those not lucky enough to buy it while available as it was going to prolong the lifespan of FSX for many.

It will be a shame if it is not made available through another channel, as it has truly given new life to FSX.  At the moment I still prefer FSX with DX10 over Prepar3d and Xplane10 and yes, I do have and use all 3.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

And what are we to do if we purchased the software through FSS, which has a "wrapper" attached, and have to reinstall it?  Thankfully, everything is working fine on my rig but it does beg the question.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

And what are we to do if we purchased the software through FSS, which has a "wrapper" attached, and have to reinstall it?  Thankfully, everything is working fine on my rig but it does beg the question.

AFAIK, The wrapper is needed only for the initial install, don't quote me on that.

The only problem might be if Windows needs an install. 

AFAIK, The wrapper is needed only for the initial install, don't quote me on that.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Wow..I just started reading this thread...and almost spewed my coffee all over the monitor...

You have NO IDEA how fast I logged on...and downloaded my copy of v2.3 Build 60!!!!

This MAKES FSX...and if this is the end of the line...WHAT A BUMMER!

I just made three archive back-up download copies of v2.2 and now v2.3(60).

Jeez....

Without this fabulous program, you might as well throw FSX out into the bin.......DX10 saved it.....

I can't believe that it was pulled...for any reason.  What a successful program!!!!

:blush:

Mine is still there. :unsure:

It will be, Ron...you have paid for it...so it should continue to be made available to you......just new would-be purchasers are outta luck...

I feel sorry for 'em....for this WAS FSX!

OK, won't quote you anymore. :rolleyes:  Do 'dudes' purchase franchises? I thought 'dudes' were under 16.

Take no notice of me mate. Every one is entitled to a sense of wonder. Even me. :rolleyes:

"No actually, a DUDE is a sweat-pimple on a donkey's South end..if the head is turned; ah..er...North.  It is an old cowboy slang word....they used to burn them off so it would not irriate the pack animal. How it became a teenanger lexicon...beat's me, lol.  Oh   but of course....pimples.....THERE'S the connection for teenagers!   :lol:  The next time a teenagers say; "Hey,...dude, blah, blah, blah..."   You know what he REALLY thinks of ya....;)

You have no problem. Once you have first used the wrapper, it puts a key in your Registry...and you only have to run the Wrapper again..and it will bypass the entire authorization from your bill of sale, and just go onto installing. That is also anything from ORBX...from the FSS.  You only need do that once, on any particular system.

Yes, you are correct that as long as Windows isn't reinstalled, you can reinstall anything from FSS and not have to worry about re-registering.  Of course as you say, if you completely wipe your machine, then attempting to re-register may pose a problem.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Taken from Steve's blog yesterday 20/06. He posted:

I have just stopped selling any new copies for the time being, that is all that has happened. You can still download if you have purchased. I felt that too many people have been buying it recently without trying dx10 out first leading to a mismatch in their expectations ( and an increase in support calls)

Seems fair enough. A man can only take so much .

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

If he was getting overwhelmed with the support calls, then that was a fair decision, but it's a shame it's not available anywhere anymore. In my opinion, he should have it sold on a less popular marketplace, unlike FlightSim Store. That way, people will have to be more involved in DirectX 10 usage before finding the product.