Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

The DX10 train has left the track

Found a note that claims Steve pulled DX10 Fixer for personal reasons and may reconsider.

http://www.simflight...withdrawn-sale/

Hmm...withdrawn for personal reasons? I still guess his been contacted by the new FSX franchise owners (whoever it may be). Just wonder what approch they have? Is it the "your not allowed to do this for some reason, bla, bla, bla, and we will sue you if you not withdraw!", or is it the "we like your work very much, can we perhaps buy the program/code or maybe hire you?". Well, let's hope for an answer in due time. In the meantime I use the copy of the fixer I have (2.3). DX9 is not an option anymore. Maybe it's time to move on to Prepar3D v.2.

I have just stopped selling any new copies for the time being, that is all that has happened. You can still download if you have purchased. I felt that too many people have been buying it recently without trying dx10 out first leading to a mismatch in their expectations ( and an increase in support calls)  per Steve's blog

Since the DX10Fixer is one of the few add-ons that really does improve the overall look of FSX, this situation is unfortunate. But on the other hand, the more people that bought the DX10Fixer, the more that the support overhead increased. When the addon was first released, only "early-adopters" (who generally have a lot of experience and also don't expect immediate perfection) were the target audience. But as the capabilities of the DX10Fixer became apparent to the FSX community at large, the average knowledge level of its users declined, leading to more support requests. It was inevitable.

Dump the support and make it freeware.

It used to be exactly that. And I was glad to pay for it when he released it as payware. Sounds like he just which is certainly not true.

Hmm...withdrawn for personal reasons? I still guess his been contacted by the new FSX franchise owners (whoever it may be). Just wonder what approch they have? Is it the "your not allowed to do this for some reason, bla, bla, bla, and we will sue you if you not withdraw!", or is it the "we like your work very much, can we perhaps buy the program/code or maybe hire you?". 

That's a funny joke or the wildest speculation I have read in a sim forum in a very long time.  :P

You all could just read his blog instead of speculating as so many often do.

Blog

Probaly good idea to leave the guy alone dont want to loose another developer pestered by ....

You all could just read his blog instead of speculating as so many often do.

Blog

Probaly good idea to leave the guy alone dont want to loose another developer pestered by ....

Yes spot on. All I can see is Steve taking a breather. Nothing wrong with that. He must get a lot of support requests from users with unstable systems in DX9 to begin with. I would not wish that on anyone. The ones that need a lot of nursing in DX10 are the ones that did not test their FSX with the free version first.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I sometimes wonder if people just call "support" when the slightest thing doesn't go right, instead of searching the forums and trying to find out the answer's themselves.

You would be surprised what some morons do. I read the other day that some woman phoned 999 to complain that not enough "sprinkles" had been put on her ice cream, and she wanted advice as to what to do!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Mine's gone too. No file Found.

It is a bit confusing. After a good night sleep, I found mine :rolleyes: . Don't look into "My orders/View my download files" but into "Overview (show all orders)/My order history". 

Hope that helps.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've downloaded ok, but not seeing the instructions just installed over 2.2, had an pop up re manual, chose to ignore.

On loading up fsx had a bit of a problem so uninstall libraries and then reinstalled, now ok.

Just one question has the manual been updated or is it still as for 2.2

Bob

Just one question has the manual been updated or is it still as for 2.2

Manual? We don' need no steenkin' manual! :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well, well...the latest, isn't  always the 'greatest'....

I went back to 2.2 build 45 because in using 2.3 build 60, I lost about 4-5 FPS, and started having black cloud flashes as I panned around, with the same settings and features turned on, as was in 2.2, build 45.  

After having uninstalled 2.3 build 60, and then cleaning the Registry (as i always do...post uninstall), and rebooting the system...I re-installed v2.2/45 and performance came back, along with no black-texture cloud flashes as I panned.

Good stuff...so if there are no further builds from Steve, v2.2, build 45 will do very nicely....still a Happy DX10'er....

Well, well...the latest, isn't  always the 'greatest'....

I went back to 2.2 build 45 because in using 2.3 build 60, I lost about 4-5 FPS, and started having black cloud flashes as I panned around, with the same settings and features turned on, as was in 2.2, build 45.  

After having uninstalled 2.3 build 60, and then cleaning the Registry (as i always do...post uninstall), and rebooting the system...I re-installed v2.2/45 and performance came back, along with no black-texture cloud flashes as I panned.

Good stuff...so if there are no further builds from Steve, v2.2, build 45 will do very nicely....still a Happy DX10'er....

Interesting.  I haven't noticed any drop in performance or other anomalies since switching to 2.3 like you've mentioned.  I'll have to keep and eye out for them though.  Wonder if anyone else here has experienced this. I did keep my v2.2 installer on my drive though (just in case).

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Can't say that I've noticed any fps drop, or visual glitches since installing 2.3

It is a bit confusing. After a good night sleep, I found mine :rolleyes: . Don't look into "My orders/View my download files" but into "Overview (show all orders)/My order history". 

Hope that helps.

Yeah it's there domkle. The moron syndrome got to me.  :wacko:

Danny

Manual? We don' need no steenkin' manual! :biggrin:

haha, always look forward to your input on the forum Ron, never thought You would home in on one of mine,

the problem I have my occupation is the reverse of yours.

bob