Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

The DX10 train has left the track

I,m thinking that Steve has gotten overwhelmed since Paul J has left. Paul had a lot influence on me making the decision to switch to DX10 and was a great asset for DX10 help. If it weren't for Steve and Paul, who knows what would have happened to FSX for me.

I can say that Steve's fix was a blessing.  As many others may agree, it DID breathe new life into FSX and I have had zero complaints or any issues for that matter with applying his fixes to my FSX setup and I am on a laptop too!

Maybe I occupy the .1% of laptop flyers that were successful in enjoying FSX again, despite also downloading P3D for use.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Mine is still there in FSS. What a wonderful tool, gave FSX a second chance. Maybe it will comeback.

Steve is still out there, as he just sent a broadcast email to DX10Fixer users regarding a missing file in version 2.3 that you can download.

Well, well...the latest, isn't  always the 'greatest'....

I went back to 2.2 build 45 because in using 2.3 build 60, I lost about 4-5 FPS, and started having black cloud flashes as I panned around, with the same settings and features turned on, as was in 2.2, build 45.  

After having uninstalled 2.3 build 60, and then cleaning the Registry (as i always do...post uninstall), and rebooting the system...I re-installed v2.2/45 and performance came back, along with no black-texture cloud flashes as I panned.

Good stuff...so if there are no further builds from Steve, v2.2, build 45 will do very nicely....still a Happy DX10'er....

I also have not noticed any drop in performance. Odd.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Steve is still out there, as he just sent a broadcast email to DX10Fixer users regarding a missing file in version 2.3 that you can download.

I haven't had any email..With every update I received one.

Could you sent me a PM with the info ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have not received this email either any chance of a PM also

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I have not received this email either any chance of a PM also

Wayne

Me neither, could I get a PM too please

Dan

WAT1036.png

thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Very sad news indeed, although the move is understandable.

I remain hoping though that Steve's great DX10 fix will become available again for us dedicated flightsimmers out there as it indeed brought back life to FSX!

... maybe really considering to drop support?

I mean, fact is:

The DX10 fix is already great, ...

the way of "how to install" (or remove) it, is straight forward if the instructions in the manual are being followed carefully ...

and if any questiosn remain, then everyone is invited to join the dedicated forums and ask for help and/or assistance there provided by other users then.

Maybe this could help solving this sad situation.

AFAIK, The wrapper is needed only for the initial install, don't quote me on that.

The only problem might be if Windows needs an install.

I also think that this is an interesting question:

Indeed: What to do after a complete new install of the OS?

Does anyone know, if the wrapper will then still be working correctly and install all files properly?

thanks

I am sorry for going off-topic, but the current AVSIM signature rules do not allow to have the system specs in your signature. Please use the "My PC" tab in your profile instead. For the full set of rules please see the link in the FORUMS section at the top of every AVSIM page, or follow this link: http://forum.avsim.net/page/AVSIM%20Pages/sig.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

that's an odd rule but thanks I will remove

Wayne

Wayne such

that's an odd rule but thanks I will remove

Wayne

Its probaly just an easier way to collect hardware / software information as signatures vary and the data cant be uniformally collected.

I sometimes wonder if people just call "support" when the slightest thing doesn't go right, instead of searching the forums and trying to find out the answer's themselves. 

What's wrong with that? If I pay for support, I expect to solve me any problems I have with the product involved.

For example, my internet doesn't work, I do not touch anything, just call provider support and ask them to solve the problem. I pay for that support and for luxury to not think about anything. Just sit and use.

I support this guy for stopping the sale if he cannot provide service he offered. That's a wise and responsible business move. Hope he will go back in business as soon as he resolve the problem he has, as it seems the product is very popular.