Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

To FSX Users on the Fence................FS98

Could I start a new topic with a title like this Jim:

To FS98 Users on the Fence................FS5.1

:lol: 

Chris Sunseri

Christopher Low,

I am sorry to say this but you don't know what you are talking about. Please quit posting false information. I know this because you don't have any proof to back up your facts. In fact, I don't think you know what you are talking about, at all. And to top it all off. I don't even think you were even born back then.

You will need to provide three original copies of your birth certificate, a Microsoft Certification in Flight Simulators, and a note from your mom stating you used those 3 sims, games, programs, or pieces of software.

Until then you must return back to your professional training software or wait for the Easter bunny to visit your house.

No, don't do that! There are certain .dll fixes on the way and always remember that 64 bit will fix everything someday.

You better now do a comparison to XPX for those sitting on that fence. Please include both default, freeware, and payware planes in your comparisons. Thanks!!

That's what Microsoft said when FS 5.1 came out! And all we got since was two glorified service packs for way too much $$$!

I finally want to fly my 1200 poly 727 without runnign out of memory! I even upgraded to 16 MB, but it just doesn't help!

Heh.

"To FS98 users on the fence for Flight Unlimited:

- There are no add-ons here. Bugger off and spend your money on real things instead of a bunch of silly software."

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

"To FSX users on the fence for FlightGear:

It's free. As in freeware. $0. Free. Completely free. Free to download. And run. Why do you need a guide for that? What the heck is wrong with you?"

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Before I reinstall FS98, can someone let me know if the EULA says that it is only to be used for training purposes, or are we actually allowed to enjoy it?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Bjoern,

We all know that FG is just beta software, it has a terrible user interface, and the developers have never once listened to us. That is why we stick to FS98.

Mike,

No, just the opposite. FS98 can't be used for training purposes at all. The FAA hasn't certified the necessary hardware. But I did read somewhere that if you send the developer like $2,000,000 you will get a USB drive that will magically turn your computer desk into a lean, mean flying machine.

Before I reinstall FS98, can someone let me know if the EULA says that it is only to be used for training purposes, or are we actually allowed to enjoy it?

How could you possibly enjoy it? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

FS98 oh FS98 how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

I love thee for the instant loading times on my 2TB SSD drive.

I love thee for the lack of airport ground traffic that pulls down my FPS.

I love thee for the sake of love.

When is simulator, just a simulator, and not for training purposes?

But I did read somewhere that if you send the developer like $2,000,000 you will get a USB drive that will magically turn your computer desk into a lean, mean flying machine.

Do they have a $60 educational version?  I'll do everything to prove that I really am a student.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

But I did read somewhere that if you send the developer like $2,000,000 you will get a USB drive that will magically turn your computer desk into a lean, mean flying machine.

Do you know if they'll take a check?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Rod, yes they do, but no proof is needed so you are OK there. But every card marking you will need to send them your report card.

How could you possibly enjoy it? :huh:

If the EULA requires me to enjoy  it, then I will simulate enjoyment every time I use it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2