Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

I came home from work and navigated to Avsim like I have done everyday for the past ten years, only to learn this very sad news. This is a special community founded by a remarkable man. Thank you Tom. This flight is for you...

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Tom for bringing this community together. Here's to you, and hoping you've found clear skies with 60fps and sliders to the right

Paul Cordogan

Fair winds Tom. You will be missed.

Vic

P3D#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 2080ti 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
P3D#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Farewell and blue skies, Tom.  Thanks for all you've done.

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

sig01.png

Though I didn't really post much here, but AVSIM also means a lot to me for my 10-year FS experience. Knowing Tom's passing makes my heart drop a minute and make me realize I should make this post here to say thanks for everything he contributed to this great community.

My condolences to Tom's family and may him rest in peace.

Yuchen Leng
Maddog driver
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Sad news. Of course I didn´t know him personally, but he has been a key person to build up this community and flightsimming friendship. My prayers with his loved ones.

a2a182b2.jpg

kiki

Farewell

Regards,

Graham Derreck

CYMM

While not unexpected after reading Tom's own brave announcement not long ago, I still feel sad, now reading of the passing of someone who did so much for our flightsimming community. My signature does in no way reflect my feelings at this moment. RIP, Tom.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

ugcx_banner.png&key=01b5683e492e3b742827

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Very sad to hear this. Farewell Tom. I believe the Forum will be stronger than ever.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM,GTX770 2Gb, 250Gb SSD boot, 1Tb SSD XP11, 250Gb SSD XPHDortho +  Orbx +++. PC Built date Sept 2013. Win10 64bit

Preferred aircraft: magknight B789, X-Crafts ERJ Family, Aerobask Legacy RG, HMB SR22-G6 Turbo, Zibo mod B737, Carenado Beech Premier 1A, Thranda Quest Kodiak 100 V2-REP, Aerobask DA62, Carenado B58 Baron-REP, RWDesign Hawker 4000, XFlight XCUB & Citation Longitude, Carenado Beech Bonanza F33A,VSKYLABS C-47, Dreamfoil Bell 407, STMA Pilatus PC-12-47G XP11. Wish list - (near) study level Pilatus PC-24

Plugins: 124thATC, Autogate, AviTab, BetterPushBack, FlyWithLUA, Ground Handling Deluxe, Haversine AirFMC, HiFi Tech ASXP, LittleNavMap LNM, SimToolkitPro, RealityXP gtn750, SAM, SimToolKitPro, Terrain Radar, xCamera, x-FMC, x-Life, xAddonmanager, xChecklist, xOrganizer, xVision 

airport-data photo collection:

Very sad news. My thougts are with the ones he leaves behind. 

Tom was very helpful when I started advertising a few months ago. He was one of those rare special people, who make the difference..... 

Fair winds and blue skies Tom. 

Ed van de Vijver

http://SeeBee-Creations.com

Very sorry to here. Thanks to Tom and his website has given me last 10 years lot of pleasure and knowledge of flight simulation. You will be missed and my condolences to his family and friends.

I was shocked to see this today.  I usually only have time for a few forums here and didn't get wind of his situation.  I'm very sorry and saddened about this.  I have Tom to thank for brokering the know how, and therefore a joyful and peaceful experience of flight simulation, a hobby that catches dreams and can fill the mind with the wonder of flight.   He will always be a person whose name I remember for making this place a worthwhile spot for contemplative computational aeronautics.  Thank you Tom Allensworth for your profound legacy.

Disclaimer:  9900k@5.3ghz on Asus Maximus X Formula, G.Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB 4266/17 XMP, EVGA 2080 ti Kingpin (8400/2160Mhz), Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD , 28TB HDD total - 4TB+ photoscenery, Romex Software PrimoCache RAM and SSD cache (must have!), 3x1080p 30" monitors, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, Pimax 4k & BE HMDs, Samsung Gear VR '17, Homdio v1, Cardboard, custom loop 2x 360x64ML Rads, Thermaltake View 71, VRM watercool, Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut CPU (naked die), Fujipoly / ModRight Ultra Extreme System Builder Thermal Pad on MB VRM. 8x Corsair ML120 (slight positive pressure). 🙂

Blue skies and tail winds, amigo. Thank you for all you've done.

Very sad to learn about Tom's premature departure. My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Enrique Vaamonde

RIP Tom and thanks for everything.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM