Sign in to follow this  
ohsirus

x737project version 5 announced -May 1st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwYRTWZUtLo

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/95161-x737project-version-5-announced/&page=1

Some details on x737project v5:

• 5 years of development
  • a lot of new, highly accurate systems simulation through plugin code
  • full simulation of pressurization & bleed systems based on the rules of thermodynamics
  • highly detailed 3D cockpit with FWD OVH, MCP,MIP, avionics pedestral and circuit breakers
  • custom sounds on almost all switches and annunciators, engines and pumps
  • extreme system simulation depth
  • optionally split scimitar winglets per livery
  • optional LED-style navigation lights and flashing beacons
  • new HD liveries with split scimitar winglets and blended winglets
  • highly accurate flight model
  • perfect integration of x737FMC in the 3D cockpit and systems
  • tested and approved by a fantastic bete test team, including several real life 737-800 pilots
  • 275 liveries from all around the world
  • free!
  • Upvote 4

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great. I guess the x737FMC is not the x-fmc. I would have preferred that, but everything else is gorgeous. I usually fly smaller, but I surely won't miss that.

And another XP addon which is only looks nice but without system depth.....even if you put together all XP airplane addons you won´t get even one  fully accurate plane

• Upvote 1

And another XP addon which is only looks nice but without system depth.....even if you put together all XP airplane addons you won´t get even one  fully accurate plane

Which P3D plane is fully accurate?

• Upvote 1

Thought we had got over this infantile sim bashing. I come to AVSIM for the maturity of the comments. To see a comment like this, bashing five years of work that is being provided for free, is really rather sad.

• Upvote 10

Thought we had got over this infantile sim bashing. I come to AVSIM for the maturity of the comments. To see a comment like this, bashing five years of work that is being provided for free, is really rather sad.

Excellent comment! Negativity surfaces too often here at Avsim.

JJ

• Upvote 1

Are you forgetting it's going to be available for free? Some people's expectations out of freeware are far too high. Compare this to FSX/P3D, were almost everything is payware these days. 

• Upvote 7

The following saying is not from myself, but still very true: "Those who can, do; those who can't, criticise."

And I encourage the poster, to make it better - as it doesn't seem to be this hard, to do it better (?) :blink:.

• Upvote 3

I'm sure it will be like PMDG on FSX but better looking. Of course they've redone the unreadable, without system depth, standard x-plane instruments.

Terrific work for a freeware aircraft in any platform, such dedication and desire to give to the Sim community.

Look forward to flying it!

Go home and do it for free on your spare time

• Upvote 1

I am looking forward to this more than the IXEG Classic. I would rather fly the -800 than the -300, so this looks like the perfect answer. Will have to get x737FMC just to be ready.

• Upvote 2

Less than 2 weeks, yeahhaa.

Sid/star/vnav etc. support. Is this plane still missing stuff compared to the real thing?