flyforever

So, is P3D3 dead?

I am curious to know if anyone still thinks that P3D3 is the real deal.

tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

P3D3.... sounds like like a Stxr Wars robot.

For me, not dead yet. Too many fine aircraft still not (and may never be) upgraded for 64 bit operation. In time, maybe some my classics will be replaced and I can retire it as I did with FSX last year.

• Upvote 2

For me P3Dv3 is long gone... The only things missing in v4 are FTX Vectors and Aerosoft Airbus...

It's gone - still waiting on a few things to be updated.  But, not going back now!

• Upvote 1

I'am still using it, Not all airport have been converted and still waiting for FSL A320. Happy to wait till everything is all out and working before I move over. But in 4-6 months times for me v3 will be dead.

At the moment 3.4 runs and works perfect. Since flight simming is more my winter hobby it's no big deal for me.

Car's are my Summer hobby. :wub:

DSC_0016.jpg

• Upvote 2

Completely flatlined.  Prognosis negative. Dead, done, dusted.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Completely flatlined.  Prognosis negative. Dead, done, dusted.

LOL! :laugh:

Indeed... 

Also here. Will never mess with v3 again. Thanks for your service v3. It was good as long as it lasted. 

But v4 is my new love. 

20 minutes ago, flyforever said:

I am curious to know if anyone still thinks that P3D3 is the real deal.

tony

Given I only switched to v3.4 from FSX in April, certainly not. For a start FS Labs have yet to come to a decision over Concorde and if that doesn't get converted then v3.4 will be staying on my system.

VAS is not really an issue as I keep it at reasonable levels for fps as much as anything. I'm not saying I won't move to v4 but it won't be until there are lots of pure 64-bit airports and other goodies.

In the meantime I trust all you early converters to find and report all the bugs so my life will be as stress-free as possible when I do eventually buy it. :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

P3D3 is still on life support here!  Will take off life support when I build a new system for V4 later this year.  V3 will then be buried for good.

Cheers,

Gerald

I bid good riddance to P3D v3. I was happy with 2.5, and I was not thrilled, but content, with P3D 3.0-3.2. I had tons of issues starting with 3.3 and at one point even had to reinstall Windows to fix it. It also was disturbing that every few month a new update came with new problems. I would say the 3.3/3.4 were my least favorite simulators since I started flight simming a loong time ago (FS2 or so).

Compare that to P3D v4: I was embracing for a lot of problems, but within a week or two all major addons were working. So far I had 0 issues with it. Yes, some of my planes and sceneries are not available yet, but I can run P3D v4 at much higher settings with much higher frame rates than any previous simulator. Well done, LM!

Peter

• Upvote 1

P3D v3...RIP (along with FSX)

It's relevant in the extend of still allowing access to some yet ported addons. Outside of that, it just needs to die a quick death and allow 64-bit to flourish. 

• Upvote 2

P3Dv3 ?

I remember , a long way back, there was a P3Dv3. Wasn't it 32 bit ? :laugh:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, GolfMikeBravo said:

Will take off life support when I build a new system for V4 later this year. 

Does it have an 'Do-Not-Resuscitate' clause? :laugh:

I believe LM only support the latest releases.  I don't think updates will happen to 32bit platform anymore

In reference to Star Trek - "It's dead, Jim"

Barely breathing, yes.

But there is the one aircraft that I love so much and for which there is no replacement in P3Dv4 at the moment. The first tubeliner I ever purchased and I always faithfully moved from FS9 up to P3Dv3.4 - the QW 757. Don't laugh; I always loved the model, the sounds and the relatively easy to handle but working controls - and no OOMs with this one, it's a too simple AC.
I keep P3Dv3 just for her while I am removing any other flyable addon that is becoming available for v4 (to keep SSD space even, having installed v3 and v4 on the same SSD).

Unless there would be some developper releasing a nice 757 for P3Dv4.+ I will keep v3 to occasionally get my QW 757 airborne.

Cheers
Frank

I think V3 is alive and well. Will move to v4 eventually but not enough there right  now for me to make the journey. There was an interesting comment from JV on Orbx that a third of their sales are for FSX so not even that is dead yet.

I think until we see a definitely better version people will be still be using these older versions since the incentive to move is not great enough for some.

• Upvote 1

Still on V3, but will stitch to V4 once Vector and final AI additions arrive

I use both version 3 and 4. Will continue to do so since many things will probably not be ported over to v4.

Yeah for me as long as there is no 757/767 replacement in P3Dv4 then I will most likely still be using v3.4 on and off. Especially since I did a 767-400 Level D merge that I am just in love with lately. 

Plus you guys seem to not understand that P3D3 is its own thing. 

Triple the Preparation, Triple the 3Dness:laugh::laugh:

Now that PMDG has the 737 NGX out for Prepar3D V4, I'm pretty much converted over, but until I see a final version of REX4 w/ soft clouds, AS16, EZDOK, ORBX Vectors and ORBX Airports, Prepar3D V4 won't feel complete.

It would be a real blessing if the original authors of the Turbine Duke would return and make it V4 compatible.  I'd even buy it again.

Mark

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Now that PMDG has the 737 NGX out for Prepar3D V4, I'm pretty much converted over, but until I see a final version of REX4 w/ soft clouds, AS16, EZDOK, ORBX Vectors and ORBX Airports, Prepar3D V4 won't feel complete.

It would be a real blessing if the original authors of the Turbine Duke would return and make it V4 compatible.  I'd even buy it again.

Add SimStarter to that list.

Also, everything I've heard is that the Turbine Duke V2 is compatible with V4.