Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D 4.1 about to be released?

49 minutes ago, simbol said:

They better fix the DL issue or people will start throwing stones, bottles, chairs, etc all over the place, I care more about performance, they need to push the 64bits environment further IE better multicore functionality.

S.

Absolutely, brother, I would like to see better CPU leverage across the cores.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

the download's link is still with v 4 !

how can I do to get the 4.1 ? :blink: :biggrin:

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

16 minutes ago, anthonyg96 said:

How do i update it to 4.1

Once released, it will be available from your account at LM.

Installation instructions are linked below.

See here

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Major things I would like to see fixed or improved is performance, such as autogen pop-ins, blurry photoreal textures, dynamic lights. P3D v4 has been great, but if they can optimize it more, that would be great. Also they really need to fix the floating lights issue at the airport. That's been there since FSX days, there's no excuse to see that in a modern flight sim. We need consistency when it comes to airport lighting, seems like each developer has their own lights and it just looks extremely sloppy.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

20 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Major things I would like to see fixed or improved is performance, such as autogen pop-ins, blurry photoreal textures, dynamic lights. P3D v4 has been great, but if they can optimize it more, that would be great. Also they really need to fix the floating lights issue at the airport. That's been there since FSX days, there's no excuse to see that in a modern flight sim. We need consistency when it comes to airport lighting, seems like each developer has their own lights and it just looks extremely sloppy.

I agree, but they never fixed the AI lights didn't they :wink:?  So I think airport lights are the last thing on their list, maybe I will need to develop a solution for this as well.

Simbol

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Ian S said:

I've posed this question before, but never really had a response. How can so much of the flight sim world evolve around Pete's product, who is essentially (as far as I am aware) a one man band. What happens the day he can't be bothered anymore?

Well when he retires he should just sell off the code at a pretty penny separately to the simulator developers so they can integrate it into the simulator.  

Fingers crossed that’s what he’s planning anyways.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I just hope that 4.1 gets here before Nibiru arrives tomorrow. {as I light another simulated candel and throw a simulated virgin into the simulated Volcano!!

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

25 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I just hope that 4.1 gets here before Nibiru arrives tomorrow. {as I light another simulated candel and throw a simulated virgin into the simulated Volcano!!

I doubt it will get released today. It will be cool if LM did that but probability is next week

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I doubt that too... but it's still afternoon in the US... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Nice, four five pages of forum space wasted on nothing. :happy:

Just now, J van E said:

Nice, four five pages of forum space wasted on nothing. :happy:

If it kept these people off the streets for a few hours, then it wasn't wasted space.:biggrin:

• Upvote 4

NAX669.png