rsrandazzo

[14FEB18] Prepar3D v4.2 release and resulting "issues" it brings...

18 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I thought I had done something wrong with updating to 4.2, I was trying to figure out why every other aircraft loaded perfectly fine, but the 747 just caused a CTD without any error in Event Viewer. 

I'm having problems with the DC-6 after the P3Dv4.2 update.

I can't get any power to the radios or GPS. They show as "on", but they're dead. I've tried toggling the generators on/off, various FE startup options etc. - and I always load a default P3D aircraft first (Maule).

As far as I can make out, everything else appears OK. My only other PMDG aircraft - the B737 NGX - seems fine too.

All other add-on aircraft seem to be having themselves as well - and I'm not having any other issues (I'm not running the very latest FSUIPC).

Adam.

EDIT: Slight problem with the B737: the pitot covers animate on/off continuously even when removed. Quite annoying!!!

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm having problems with the DC-6 after the P3Dv4.2 update.

I can't get any power to the radios or GPS. They show as "on", but they're dead. I've tried toggling the generators on/off, various FE startup options etc. - and I always load a default P3D aircraft first (Maule).

As far as I can make out, everything else appears OK. My only other PMDG aircraft - the B737 NGX - seems fine too.

All other add-on aircraft seem to be having themselves as well - and I'm not having any other issues (I'm not running the very latest FSUIPC).

Adam.

EDIT: Slight problem with the B737: the pitot covers animate on/off continuously even when removed. Quite annoying!!!

Adam,

have you tried a reinstallation of the legacy simconnect versions? You find them in the redist folder in the P3D main directory. This solved several issues on my side. Also make sure P3D is excluded in your antivirus software.