JLuis

FSLABS - A319-X “super-cool” feature reveal!

So the moment you’ve all been waiting for – the reveal of our “super-cool” new feature, exclusively for the A319-X!

IMG_151.thumb.jpg.a4f1ee4b8e91f176d3b0e2

airframe icing: #FSLabbed

See Here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

great feature now the summer months have arrived 😂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I'm somewhat underwhelmed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This looks like a nice feature, knowing FSL it will be well simulated, timing however is a bit off for us in the northern hemisphere. 

I thought I was finished with deicing when I retired from American Airlines. At least it will be warmer this time.

Looks great. I assume windshield effects is the next thing they'll show off, to go with this feature.

Very nice.

Jim

CYWG

Interesting... I guess?

• Upvote 1

That’s pretty cool!  I would have been excited to just get an A319 but this is the “icing” on the cake (sorry 🙂 )

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That's very exciting! Couldn't wish for something better !  Icing is a a crucial parameter in any airliner and that's the first time that we will really use the anti-icing systems in the simulation instead of pretending that we are using them as of now. The depth of their modeling and effects quality seems amazingly well done..

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

That's very exciting! Couldn't wish for something better !  Icing is a a crucial parameter in any airliner and that's the first time that we will really use the anti-icing systems in the simulation instead of pretending that we are using them as of now. The depth of their modeling and effects quality seems amazingly well done..

Agree.

Better to have real operation decisions to make than just eye candy for the sake of it.

This we get both and for good reasons.

• Like 3

Sure we will have to wait a bit to try it but icing that affects aircraft performance is huge. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

After reading the statement I am hyped for this!

At first, I thought it's just a visual enhancement or typical eye candy. However, they have said they also simulated the icing model with respect to airframe performance degradation, now that's the REAL THING!

Edited by Harvgordon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know some people say they are underwhelmed, but this is a feature missing from most study level aircraft. I think it's a welcome addition.

• Like 1

A pity that it will not make it's way into the A320 too …

When they say in the forum it is a first timer ( in that degree of detail ) in desktop flight simulation, they aren't actually correct … There is at least PSX, the 744 sim, and it's not the only example....

I wish the 319 is offered as an upgrade from the 320 too - not as a "ab-initio" offer :-)