Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

Orbx released Global Buildings HD

Omg what have I just done by posting .cfg tweaks.

@Reader TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=1024 (default is 30) works for me and yes TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096 is set via p3d texture resolution slider.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Personal.CFG

Laugh_out_loud=1

I was just following this thread and thinking with the new MSFS 2020 then you guys will have list the following for all new add on products:

1. FS simulator computer specs and settings

2. XBOX computer Specs and Settings

3 Ipad Specs and settings

4 Iphone Specs, model and settings

5 Kitchen Toaster brand, model, specs and settings

All this along with the new .CFG files and engineering tricks to get it to work with all of the above.

Laugh_out_loud=0

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Scott, who is a developer understands the logic of the request and will consider it in a future patch. Until than I will enjoy Buildings HD. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

9 hours ago, edpatino said:

Same impact here. Definitively ORBX should look into the option to add 2K textures to their product for people to choose from 4K or 2K.

Cheers, Ed

From ORBX: "It's an option we're considering for a future patch". 

• Like 1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

15 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

From ORBX: "It's an option we're considering for a future patch". 

Great news!!

I fly VR and with these nice textures it does effect my head room on my 2080ti GPU, I have my resolution set at 1024.

Hopefully the patch comes soon.

• Like 1

Yes.  I see a performance hit with this program.  Was going to do a new CFG to see if that helps.

Stan

Guys i MUST be the only one who can not see any difference from before installation to after..? Ive done a video on my You Tube channel "You Tuber Adam J Pestridge", uploading within the hour....cannot see any improvement? Did I already have these installed? 

• Like 1

Adam. for goodness sake! What's the matter with you? It's new, it's Orbx, it MUST be better! :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

40 minutes ago, adam77 said:

Guys i MUST be the only one who can not see any difference from before installation to after..? Ive done a video on my You Tube channel "You Tuber Adam J Pestridge", uploading within the hour....cannot see any improvement? Did I already have these installed? 

Here's an excellent comparison between default, R&D Presets' and Orbx's autogen buildings.
For me, the improvement in night textures alone is worth it to me to pick this up.
Others may consider waiting for the next sale, if at all.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

7 hours ago, kand said:

If you do that, you are setting the maximum texture limit in P3d, anything higher will get converted on the fly down to the lower resolution

Allowing P3d to do the conversion at runtime must also cost some CPU overhead

Do you think that the CPU overhead of downsampling textures happens during loading of the scenario or during the flight? Thanks.

• Like 1

In wich p3d folder is orbx installing the textures?

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

1 minute ago, Raller said:

In wich p3d folder is orbx installing the textures?

Into Orbx\Scripts

Bert

6 hours ago, glider1 said:

Do you think that the CPU overhead of downsampling textures happens during loading of the scenario or during the flight? Thanks.

There is no conversion performed by P3D on the fly or during loading.

If a texture file contains mipmaps, then the lower resolution mipmap will be used. Otherwise, if you have a 4k texture with no mipmaps, it will be shown in full resolution regardless of the setting.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

19 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

I just noticed that the ORBX HD buildings installation replaced all the default terminal textures I had installed with REX Worldwide textures HD. The hangars it left alone. Anyone else notice this?

Well that sucks. Guess I’ll be passing on this too 😕 (I fly to a lot of default airports that payware refuses to cover)

5 hours ago, some1 said:

There is no conversion performed by P3D on the fly or during loading.

If a texture file contains mipmaps, then the lower resolution mipmap will be used. Otherwise, if you have a 4k texture with no mipmaps, it will be shown in full resolution regardless of the setting.

That's what I assumed, so I asked the ORBX dev to offer 2K textures. It's not going to water down his add-on. It will actually make it better.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.