Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nickhod

What's Your Deal-breaker?

What would cause you not to buy MSFS 2020, based on what you've seen so far?

I only have one, and that's lack of VR support. Pretty much everything else I could overlook as the visuals are just so good, in certain areas at least.

Are most people at the "shut up and take my money" stage, or is there something you want to see before having a clear purchase intention?

I'm sold... Just take my money.

Absolutely no deal breakers for me, but I'll probably be late to the party. My computer is 8 years old (with a few upgrades) with Win 7 (no I'm not upgrading because of some hardware I use that requires win 7 drivers), so I'll be needing a new rig. I'm not gonna invest in 2019 hardware for this sim - I'm going for the top of the line products of 2020/2021. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Lack of fluidity on latest hardware 

Lack of access to the nice sceneries we see in the teasers due to a crappy internet connection 

Lack of A2A/Milviz/PMDG/Majestic/iFly-grade  aircraft

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

35 minutes ago, simmerhead said:

I'm not gonna invest in 2019 hardware for this sim - I'm going for the top of the line products of 2020/2021. 

Wise choice. Once I know what hardware I need to run it, in VR, at 90 fps (if that's even possible), I'll be upgrading my PC to that.

I don't know if there's any deal-breaker as such. Everything and nothing, I guess... 

Everything could be a deal-break I suppose ... It all depends on how it's implemented, what the requirements are, what the distributions-channels are going to be and mandate for the end user.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

If they use the same graphics engine for 2020 that they've used for FSX or LM is using for P3D then it's a no go for me. I want an entirely new sim based on the latest technology.

NAX669.png

My one dealbreaker would be if it had a very high monthly subscription charge, like $20+ / month.  I'm not against paying subscription fees for something I'll use and enjoy (I played WoW for many years) but if the price is too high then I'd shy away.

I'd like to say a horrid flight model would turn me away too, but honestly with the way the sim looks I'd even buy it and suffer a terrible flight model just to virtually explore the photographic world in beautiful 3D.  I wouldn't be pleased if it flew like word not allowed, but I'd likely still fly it just for exploration anyway.

Crappy performance would be the only possible deal breaker for me.

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

The need to seriously upgrade my current rig, or the need to  purchase a new gaming PC sufficient to run MS2020...  Plus, still open questions regarding backward-compatibility with my payware.  Otherwise, I think I would be good to go.     

It's pretty amazing to me that you're already looking for negatives about the new MSFS. We don't know enough about it to start raising these flags. Why don't you just wait a bit and then decide if it suits you or not. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

9 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

It's pretty amazing to me that you're already looking for negatives about the new MSFS. We don't know enough about it to start raising these flags. Why don't you just wait a bit and then decide if it suits you or not. 

I'm not looking for negatives. No one is raising any flags. I haven't been more excited about a game since Half Life 2. I'm interested to know whether others have a particular feature they're holding out for. It's a perfectly valid point of conversation.

This is the second time you've said I shouldn't discuss a particular aspect of MSFS 2020 because "we don't know enough about it". No one knows anything about it at this point, save for a few clips and screenshots. 

If your suggestion is that no one should speculate on things that aren't known, why have this forum?

A closed Download Content model a la Train Simulator and MS Flight.

ngxu_banner.png

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.