Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How BIG is yours?

How big is your P3d folder?

I was amazed to find out the mine is 368 gigabytes!  With a 500 GB Solid State drive, I'm getting a little nervous.  I have to admit I have a large airplane stable, and I should delete some of those that I don't use.

How big is yours?

Stan

She ain't complaining....quite large 🤙...oh yeah...my PCIE is 1TB - I can push it near the edge - but I am happy.  500gb is limiting at times.  My PC is loaded with tons of SSD but she loves them pcie ssd 🤘

Edited by Skywolf

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Not that big, I try to install everything outside of the P3D folder.

i.e.

D:\AIRCRAFT

D:\SCENERY

etc. etc.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

i7-8700k @ 5.0 ghz, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1080Ti, 32" BenQ, 4K res

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I was amazed to find out the mine is 368 gigabytes!  With a 500 GB Solid State drive, I'm getting a little nervous.  I have to admit I have a large airplane stable, and I should delete some of those that I don't use.

How big is yours?

Stan

368 GB...... thats not a P3D folder! 485GB, now thats a P3D folder! (I really need to tidy it up a bit 😵)

Murray Dreyer

For now mine is small compared to others. Mine is 77.6 GB.

201 GB 
I'd like it to be smaller (that's what she said 😊), but I've moved as much as I can to outside of the main folder (including a symbolic link to the main Orbx folder on another drive).

1.3 TB of scenery, AI models, add-on programs, etc. on another drive (1.5 TB total sim-related disk space usage total).

Edited by F737NG

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO); ASUS GTX 1070 O8G; Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440x1440)
Fulcrum Sim yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick and Throttle Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CP Flight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x2; TrackIR

P3Dv5.1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + MSE + ActiveSky + ChasePlane + AILRP + FS-ATC Chatter + FFTF Dynamic + Self Loading Cargo + WIN 10 Pro
PMDG 737 777; QW 787; AS A320 A330; MJC Dash 8; A2A C172 PA-28; Carenado A42 A72 XL560; FT E-Jets v3; QW 757; JF C152

46 minutes ago, Mace said:

I try to install everything outside of the P3D folder.

Here too... wish more 3rd party developers would embrace the add-on.xml method.  This week I'm doing a complete sim reinstall using 4.5_HF2.  My P3D folder is still a minuscule 33.4GB.  All I've had to install in that folder thus far is FSUIPC and the F1 GTN Docs folder... less than 18 MB. :biggrin:

Greg

705 GB  (323 of that is ORBX), plus at least 165 GB in other folders / drives (P3D Add-On folders, etc etc).

Joe Lorenc

Mine's down to 88.2 GB now after I used the new FTX Central 4 to move my Orbx stuff out of there. \o/

My PC: I7-7700K 4.9 Ghz (OC), ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, EVGA 850 G3 Gold power supply, C:=1TB WD Black D:=1TB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro, Windows 10 Pro, Prepar3D v4, AFS2, Tons of Orbx 🙂

https://www.flickr.com/photos/buffy-foster/ || https://buffyfostersblog.wordpress.com/

With my P3D folder at 77.6GB it takes about 3 minutes for the sim to load. It must take forever for the sim to load for you other guys with huge P3D folders.

4 hours ago, spilok said:

How big is yours?

Stan

I'm running 3 Samsung 500's with one of those a Pro.

1- OS + P3D and assorted aircraft/airports.

2- Megascenery only

3- ORBX only

Plenty of room.

500's are pretty cheep Stan, might want to consider another. Be sure you got Trim enabled on that thing.

Mark

My P3D folder (~300Gb) pales in comparison with my XP11 one (~7Tb) due to Ortho4XP assets. Hopefully FS2020 will put an end to this waste.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 10900k@5.1Ghz@1.265v - Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phantom - MSI Gaming Carbon Z490 - 32Gb RAM DDR4 3600 - 2TB NVMe - LG OLED 48" CX8LC + Samsung Ultra-Wide 49" - BeQuiet Straight Power 1000W Platinum & Pure Loop 360mm
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR
MSFS - DCS

465 (P3D incl ORBX) + 220

- Harry 

i7-7820X (@4.8 GHz), 32GB RAM (@3467) 2080Ti, 3.5 TB SSDs (3x NVME M.2) MSFS 2020: Some Freeware & Payware scenery add-ons, No larger airports so far. P3Dv5.1: FSGlobalNG (mesh), ORBX (Global+OLC, all FTX Regions, all TE products, many Airports), DDscenery (NYC, Chicago, SEA), Airports (FT, FB, FSDT, AS); PMDG (737, 747, 777), MJC DQ400, RA Piston Duke, A2A C172. Weather ASP5. RXP GTN 750, AI Traffic: AIG OCI.