Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

PMDG 737NGXu First Impressions and Review!

NGX Head Bobbing...?

Does this interfere with Ezdock DHM and turbulence mode? 

Chris Camp

I sure see those who apparently cannot read.  The issues discussed here as problems are shown in the manual and have simple solutions in the setup.  Do your work and do not rely on the older version.  While I don't believe this release is worth $100 by itself, it is nice to replace that old PMDG 737 and figure that when we have the next Flight Simulator, the price of the new PMDG will be $100 less for me.

New aircraft from any developer are always a challenge.  That, for me, is 90% of why I Sim.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 11:33 AM, Greggy_D said:

You've got to be kidding me.  RF Legs are still not modeled/included?

Looked into it more and found this:

"The airplane will fly the approaches if they are in navdata, however it is not yet using the advanced FMS/Navdata/RNAV capability that we have been talking about for the past year. That will roll out for all PMDG products in 2020, we hope."

4 hours ago, Kevin_28 said:

Looked into it more and found this:

"The airplane will fly the approaches if they are in navdata, however it is not yet using the advanced FMS/Navdata/RNAV capability that we have been talking about for the past year. That will roll out for all PMDG products in 2020, we hope."

Hmmmm, existing or new products?

Chris Camp

I compared the NGXu with the PMDG 777 and PMDG 747 and found out, that the NGXu looks great but cost me 4-5 fps in comparison to the other PMDG planes.

It might be has to do with my system: I7 6770 + 2080 in 4K, I have limit the frames to 30 fps in the Nvidia inspector, and with the 777 an 747 I got mostly 29 to 30 fps, with the NGXu I got in the cockpit 22-24 fps.

This was the reason to check our SIMstarterNG and to build some presets for Germany and USA, where I fly most the time, and to disable all the other areas and scenerys to minimize the workload. 

On 11/10/2019 at 5:33 AM, Greggy_D said:

You've got to be kidding me.  RF Legs are still not modeled/included?

Totally agree, it was a glaring omission before. To my way of thinking given cost of an upgrade - it’s simply unforgivable.

• Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

It's a shame that FS community doesn't have a review system like tech world does where press gets the release clients before the actual release date. That way, reviewers can make a proper review for a launch day and that would avoid so much frustration around our hobby. Would also make devs work harder to deliver a complete product, not use customers as beta testers. It is frustrating how many addons come out as clearly uncompleted these days. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Evros said:

It's a shame that FS community doesn't have a review system like tech world does where press gets the release clients before the actual release date. That way, reviewers can make a proper review for a launch day and that would avoid so much frustration around our hobby. Would also make devs work harder to deliver a complete product, not use customers as beta testers. It is frustrating how many addons come out as clearly uncompleted these days. 

Reviews actually do exists. But they do take long time to be done as these are handled by 3rd party news company outside of your control. For an instance I am waiting for 4 different magazines to write reviews on a product I released. However these will not be out probably until December 2020. So I could not wait for such reviews to be out before I release to general public for a range of reasons. But this doesn't mean my product was not tested and fully completed.

The FS world is a very niche market and many times you have to move quickly in order to be successful. You cannot sit an wait while the world is moving around you..

S.

5 hours ago, Evros said:

It is frustrating how many addons come out as clearly uncompleted these days. 

I basically agree. However, we as customers do not need to buy each and every addon/software right at the day of release, no? A little bit more patience and maybe buying only after the first patch will save you from a lot of troubles. And, it might even have an "educational" effect on the publisher...

• Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I don't understand the term "uncompleted" here. There is no "100% bugfree" in the software business. Never was and never will be.

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Reviews actually do exists. But they do take long time to be done as these are handled by 3rd party news company outside of your control. For an instance I am waiting for 4 different magazines to write reviews on a product I released. However these will not be out probably until December 2020. So I could not wait for such reviews to be out before I release to general public for a range of reasons. But this doesn't mean my product was not tested and fully completed.

The FS world is a very niche market and many times you have to move quickly in order to be successful. You cannot sit an wait while the world is moving around you..

S.

Very ture. When the reviews are released with huge delay, they don't command much influence anymore. Well, not for "serious" simmers who have their hands itching to better their sims at moment's notice. It is certainly beneficial to increase visibility of the product and could create a marketing advantage if timed correctly, but of no use for early adopters.

4 hours ago, AnkH said:

I basically agree. However, we as customers do not need to buy each and every addon/software right at the day of release, no? A little bit more patience and maybe buying only after the first patch will save you from a lot of troubles. And, it might even have an "educational" effect on the publisher...

No, we certainly don't. Well, I can't speak for every individual's need's, but those that sim for entertainment certainly don't. But a flight simmer seems to be that way - we want the best and we want it now.

3 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I don't understand the term "uncompleted" here. There is no "100% bugfree" in the software business. Never was and never will be.

Of course there could be some oversights or bugs that have not been identified during testing, but lots of products hit the commercial market without seemingly any testing what so ever. Or if tested, then by very incompetent testers. Now, I'm not strictly speaking about NGXu here, but the about the market in broader terms. Biggest flop as of late that I have personally purchased would be JennaSoft Gatwick. I mean come on, seriously. ILS without a DME, PAPI's that sit on a runway with wrong angle non the less and AFCAD that includes about 50% of the information. If that is not an uncompleted product then I don't know what is.

3 minutes ago, Evros said:

Now, I'm not strictly speaking about NGXu here, but the about the market in broader terms. Biggest flop as of late that I have personally purchased would be JennaSoft Gatwick. I mean come on, seriously. ILS without a DME, PAPI's that sit on a runway with wrong angle non the less and AFCAD that includes about 50% of the information. If that is not an uncompleted product then I don't know what is.

Wao really?.. well this proof my theory.. the best review will always comes from the people that buys the product during the first week..

S.

It is really a great plane, it is so much more the the old NGX!

I already fly PMDG 737 for 20 years since fs2004, it is great to see the imporvements!

Just have to get used to t a little bit

I'm finding performance really harsh compared to just about all of the other PMDG products. Not really taxing my GPU, but hitting the CPU pretty hard. Any performance tips?

3 hours ago, JasonPC said:

I'm finding performance really harsh compared to just about all of the other PMDG products. Not really taxing my GPU, but hitting the CPU pretty hard. Any performance tips?

This worries me the most!

Chris Camp