Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

PMDG 737NGXu First Impressions and Review!

Anyone knows why after takeoff with the NGXu, the terrain is loading again? Did not have that till now.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

Ah, after 2 normal flight, I already submit 8 bugs that I can confirm on systems (mainly engine and FMC) to the devs.....

Maybe because it's new... feels to me they are easy to fix though, hopfully...

Just downloaded and my initial thoughts.  Just played around at the gate.  No flight yet.  Engines off

1. The VC is an improvement.  I don’t think it is cartoonish.  Just to clean.  Kind of reminds me of the ZIBO for Xplane.  Cockpit dimensions are MUCH better.  

2.  Outside model has some PBR issues.  The leading edges of the wings look horrible.  Almost like it is missing the textures.

3. Performance with the cockpit lighting floods is horrible.  I have a 2080ti.

4. Definitely improved sounds.  Just flipping switches you can tell the difference.  Again I have not taken for a flight yet.  

5. A no brainer purchase for me when you factor in the discount for the NG3.

Matt Wilson

Performance is horrible...period.  Tired of wasting my money on planes that will sit in my hanger.

8 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Also the cockpit seemed cramped for me.

Then it's finally done right.

• Like 1

I don’t understand why they kept that flat looking central bar in the cockpit window. Being used to the Zibo mod, I cannot unsee that, specially in VR. 

It looks unrealistic and not worthy of such a high priced add-on. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

CGBraun,

I still have the older 737 NGX family, and I fly primarily in VR like you do (Oculus S Model).

Does the NGXu cockpit view look worse that the older NGX?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

11 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I have the Virtual Avionics MCP and EFIS and it is not working with them at all.  My Flightdeck Solutions CDU is partly working.  All of the buttons work, but the screen is black. I can look at the screen in the VC and push my buttons on the hardware CDU.

I Have the FDS MCP and CDU.  Neither work with the NGXu.  I asked FDS about it and they only found out at the same time as the users there was an update.  So they have not created software to run interface and at the moment its not on their todo list.  😞   Pretty gutted about that actually. Hard ware isn't cheap and its currently useless with the new PMDG Software.  I would have thought PMDG would have at least notified hardware manufacturers of this update.. 

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

23 hours ago, Vali said:

Why I get the impression that the VC on the previous NGX was better than this one? I do not know, but it seems more like a freeware VC for me, I checked several videos already with it on YT and my impression remains the same.

Freeware VC?
Maybe on videos.
In my opinion, this is the more detailed and beautiful virtual cockpit I have seen in my whole life. PMDG has raised the bar so high that even their own planes will look outdated now.
I've just uninstalled my good old NGX with some nostalgia but without any hesitation.
Performances are gorgeous for me, day and night alike.
🙂

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Seems 50/50 regarding ppl saying good performance or bad performance with this new bird...

Wonder why some are getting good fps and some are getting worse when compared to the old NGX?

Has to be related to sim or AC settings somehow?

Edited by Kilo60
  • Upvote 1

Chris Camp

On 11/8/2019 at 2:13 PM, Kevin_28 said:

Oh that's a shame. I thought they would have included RF legs as well.

You've got to be kidding me.  RF Legs are still not modeled/included?

1 hour ago, sbclark said:

CGBraun,

I still have the older 737 NGX family, and I fly primarily in VR like you do (Oculus S Model).

Does the NGXu cockpit view look worse that the older NGX?

Bill Clark

No it does not, but the freeware Zibo mod does look better, specially with the freeware textures available. Systems-wise the NGXu is, of course, superior. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 hours ago, Vali said:

Anyone knows why after takeoff with the NGXu, the terrain is loading again? Did not have that till now.

You have a very nice system that can handle almost anything thrown at it and many who have systems like yours think they can move all the sliders to the right (or most of them) 7900X vs 8086K.  I suspect you have "use high resolution textures" checked and that creates problems with textures loading sometimes.  I have a slightly faster system and have high resolution textures checked but also have HT turned off and see no issues whatsoever with the loading.  I don't use Autogen but mostly MegaScenery during my sessions. In places I get FPS in the teens or single digits (depends on where I look).  I did a flight yesterday from KLAX to KSFO over MSE SoCal/NoCal and ASP4 and UTLive and got great performance based on the FSUIPC log:

Spoiler

Minimum frame rate was 19.4 fps, Maximum was 69.0 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 4950 secs = 32.4 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 294 aircraft
Memory managed: 2302 Allocs, 2301 Freed

The flight was smooth throughout.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

23 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

You have a very nice system that can handle almost anything thrown at it and many who have systems like yours think they can move all the sliders to the right (or most of them) 7900X vs 8086K.  I suspect you have "use high resolution textures" checked and that creates problems with textures loading sometimes.  I have a slightly faster system and have high resolution textures checked but also have HT turned off and see no issues whatsoever with the loading.  I don't use Autogen but mostly MegaScenery during my sessions. In places I get FPS in the teens or single digits (depends on where I look).  I did a flight yesterday from KLAX to KSFO over MSE SoCal/NoCal and ASP4 and UTLive and got great performance based on the FSUIPC log:

Reveal hidden contents

Minimum frame rate was 19.4 fps, Maximum was 69.0 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 4950 secs = 32.4 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 294 aircraft
Memory managed: 2302 Allocs, 2301 Freed

The flight was smooth throughout.

It handles the things pretty good yes, but only now after I installed the NGXu the scenery was completely reloading after takeoff at EDDN with the black screen for some seconds (perhaps I did not wrote precisely, so it is reloading with the black screen, like I would change a scenery setting). I did two takeoffs there, each time after  the takeoff did the same. With all the other add-ons this does not happen.

Seems that other have the issue too: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4/27190-scenery-reloading

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

On 11/8/2019 at 12:42 AM, Nemo said:

Is it compatible with Pro-ATC X?

I didn't go through all 6 pages of this thread to see if someone answered yet, but yes, it is. ProATCX exports the plans in the same way as the NGX. Getting them into the FMC is a little different, but close enough to figure out without documentation.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad