Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

PMDG 737NGXu First Impressions and Review!

hmm i hope CP -flight MCP/EFIS and VRInsight CDU II get a support on this one.

My only reason holding off at the moment

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The VC does initially look cartoonish, after flying it for a day and adjusting eyepoints and zoom I think it looks good now. Open up the old NGX after using NGXu and the NGX will look worse.

Dynamic lights - do not use CB lights they kill frames. And do not use taxi or landing lights at the same time (as in real life) as it kills frames. I think PMDG have had to balance it out here.

The low speed taxi is maybe a bit response but I like the turning circle now, much easier to turn into a gate. The transition from between 20 knots is not good though

Sounds like this "upgrade" wasn't ready for prime time. 

• Upvote 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Probably the most disappointing thing to me is that there are areas in the VC (Like flap setting gauge) that look more blurry.  My expectation was that this would be a very sharp looking cockpit.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Oh here's a question I have been trying to grapple with, how do you folks adjust your eyepoint? What I have been doing lately is using the HUD to orient myself. In terms of vertical and horizontal. And I use the seats as sort of guidance on how forward or back I will be.

Can someone tell - what is the manual status - Does it come with all the manuals? I do know that they had some issue with licensing and some manuals are lost from the NGX (still surprised they haven't fully come public with it - it is mentioned by them in the forums - but for some odd reason - very low key).

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

I have to say it’s a bit strange to have a new PMDG release and not have a 20 page thread at avsim within 24 hours.

Maybe because it's yet another 737 release from them? 🙄 Enhanced maybe but still the old 737...

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

8 hours ago, B777ER said:

Good on you finding that negativity and pessimism in the product. While you wait almost a year for MS2020 (not even in Alpha yet) and getting it then, I'll be flying her tonight. Enjoy yourself.

I really have no idea whats up with you?

Just because i choose to wait you want to be all sarcastic, am in tilted to my opinion on watching whats out there like everyone else. I just pointed out what i've seen, what is a matter with you? A lot of people are holding back till MSFS its a choice, a personal choice nothing more. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Im surprised by the amount of negative feedback on the NGXu, I am usually the most critical person around but i really like it and and thrilled PMDG re-did their 737.  The 737 is one of my favorite airliners but the old NGX was just missing too much for me to enjoy it anymore.  The cockpit does look different, its much cleaner, but after spending a few hours in VR it really grew on me and is leaps and bounds ahead of the NGX, the textures dont look bad or blurry at all, its just darker because of the PBR.  The youtube videos dont do it justice, you have to experience it.  Wait until you see how the sunlight effects the LCD screens, gorgeous.  I find the soundset to be much better, especially the way the engines quiet themselves down as the air thins out.  The sounds just seem more convincing to me overall. The flight dynamics feel different from the ngx, more realistic, less predictable, doesn't feel like its on rails at all, especially at the edge of the envelope, and they got the takeoff behavior right for the 737.  There are a few minor bugs with some of the engine parameters, and performance is slightly worse than the 747 and fslabs bus on my system. But it's only been out for 24 hours, im sure they will be prompt with some fixes.  Its good to have an up to date version of the world's most popular airliner. 

Edited by Pilot53
  • Like 3

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

47 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Can someone tell - what is the manual status - Does it come with all the manuals? I do know that they had some issue with licensing and some manuals are lost from the NGX (still surprised they haven't fully come public with it - it is mentioned by them in the forums - but for some odd reason - very low key).

its got all the manuals

• Like 1

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

It was the assurance of the 100% credit for the NG3 for MSFS 2020 that got me to buy this. That's 3 times now I have purchased the NGX 🤣

As far as I'm concerned I just bought my first airliner and perhaps my last for MSFS 2020. Having said that I am quite pleased with it. I just flew

from KORD to KMSP and I consider it a very nice update of the NGX. The flight deck geometry is great and I really like PBR textures inside and out and

the much better CDU's. I've been out of VR for a while but I am getting a headset on black friday and I beat its far better in VR then the NGX was.

As I said I consider this my first MSFS 2020 purchase rather then a P3D purchase. I wouldn't have bought it without that deal and I can say that if I had bough

it without that deal I would have consider it a waste of money because its not so much better than the NGX that its worth $100 if you already have the NGX.

If you don't already for the the NGX for P3D V4 or FSX its definitely a great deal getting it for bough P3D and MSFS for $100. Can't see the NG3 retailing for

$100 or more. When MSFS is released most of the purchasers are going to be new to FS and the video game crowd are not going to buy an addon airplane

for $100. I'm guessing MSFS 2020 will be $50 to $60 and the NG3 will be about $40 to $50.  and all of us who bought the NGXu for $100 will be word not allowed off because

we will feel like we where ripped off again by PMDG (and we will have been). But I'll hazard a guess that PMDG are going to sell 10 times as many NG3 then they ever sold

NGX's or even more. So the pricing sweet spot will be somewhere much lower than it is right now and the average buyers context will be very different form what it is now.

Edited by Avidean

Is it possible or dare I say this was a rushed last minute release because of the upcoming MS 2020 and the quick need to generate some last minute revenue for P3D since they already had this bird in the works for it?

Would PMDG really release a rushed non-optimized, buggy, poorly textured VC product based on the above?

Chris Camp

1 hour ago, Pilot53 said:

Im surprised by the amount of negative feedback on the NGXu, I am usually the most critical person around but i really like it and and thrilled PMDG re-did their 737. 

You can put some of them in a real 737 and they'd say, "doesn't look or feel like the real thing". 

• Like 2

Eric 

For those who think she’s just a polished up NGX. It’s very clear from a VR point of view that this is a whole new airplane. Everything scaled beautifully and great texture quality, it’s obvious they started from scratch again.

Im trying to find out how to dim down the cockpit dome & emergency lighting. In VR its like a white out. Other than that worth ever penny.

Great job PMDG

IM

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pilot53 said:

Im surprised by the amount of negative feedback on the NGXu,

Your probably correct . Call it what you will ; rebuilt from the ground up etc.., but for all intent and purpose, it is a makeover of an existing model from the same Developer.  The Sweetener is the offer for money spent now to contribute to an MS2020  NG3  (price unknown). A very smart way of doing things.

I think the rational is most likely at US $99.99 dollars it has to be one of the more expensive (upgrades) around. (even more expensive in my currency). With this high price, the observations become a little more acute and critical of any perceived tarnish. I suppose it is similar to paying for a luxury brand watch to find that the sweeping seconds hand is slow by .005 of a second every other day. (outrage!)