Sign in to follow this  
vl1

P3Dv5 is single core AGAIN 🤦

They did it again. Useless company that can't fix the main issue. I paid 1000$ for the latest CPU by new year and this is what I get...

This is just unacceptable!

148bbc45_318c_4e54_a1fd_9e852586c30c.jpg

Edited by vl1
  • Upvote 2

Weird. My 9900k has more action on its cores than your image. And performance is outstanding on my end.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Don't panic. That's normal. Explained time and time again.

Source please.

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Weird. My 9900k has more action on its cores than your image. And performance is outstanding on my end.

I am experiencing the same. It is a lot more nicely spread over the 8 cores on my i9 9900K too 😉 

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Based on my experience with the previous sims disabling hyper-threading made P3D a lot more stable for me. The effect might vary based on individual people’s PCs.

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

How can you tell if hyperthreading is on/off? And do you guys recommend I have it on or off for my setup (in my sig).

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, vl1 said:

They did it again. Useless company that can't fix the main issue.

Oh yeah, what issue is that? Are you having performance issues or what? To me it seems like you are technically uninclined and are lashing out at something you can't explain. Sitting at the tarmac, not loading any new scenes and just rendering one and same scene does not require multithreaded work to be done. Take a second to calm down, fly around and see if there is actually an issue to be had.

2 hours ago, vl1 said:

I paid 1000$ for the latest CPU by new year and this is what I get

I hate to break it to you, but you got scammed, hard. 9900K does not go for that kind of money. And you would have been better off with 9700K, seeing as you have hyperthreading disabled.

Edited by Evros
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, vl1 said:

I paid 1000$ for the latest CPU by new year and this is what I get...

This is just unacceptable!

How dare the management of Lockheed Martin come around to your house and force you to buy an overpriced CPU, the nerve of those basta - oh wait a minute, no they didn't.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 5

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My CPU load is a lot more balanced. But everyone knows that in P3D single core performance is essential - so I would choose a CPU which is capable of a lot more than 3.6 GHz.

best regards, Mathias

One thing I noticed last night, if I limit my frame rate to say 30 core 0 on cpu hits 100%, but if I set to unlimited and turn off any external frame rate limiter the cpu and p3dv5 spreads over all cores. I have hyperthreading on.

Maybe try that.

Ranting and raving about things is no way to behave. Calm down, try different ways remember all pc's are different, even with the same hardware.

Brian

• Like 2

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

6 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Don't panic. That's normal. Explained time and time again.

Why is it normal?

6 hours ago, captain420 said:

How can you tell if hyperthreading is on/off? And do you guys recommend I have it on or off for my setup (in my sig).

Very easy to see...go to your SYSTEM INFO, and then pick DEVICE MANAGER.   Open the tab for your CPU...and if you see 2x the core count, then you have HyperThreading on. If you only see let's say four cores for a four core CPU, then you do NOT have HyperThreading on.  Another way to know, is to bring up your BIOS...and it is THERE that one turned on, or off, the HyperThreading feature.  Each time you enable, or disable that feature using your BIOS menu, on the next boot, it will activate or conversely, deactivate.  There you go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1