Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

PMDG are having a sale!

it will be harder and harder as time goes by to go back to P3D.  I will save my moulah for the NG3.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

If my already-built i7-8086k+32Gb G.Skill RipJaws 3600MHz+MSI GTX1080 Ti Kraken-cooled through a Benq 32-in UHD 4k rig can cut through the mustard required for MSFS20, then I too may pull back on my current P2Dv4.5HF2. If it does not, then, I'll stay put.

3 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Why so negative? I know guys who spend a ton of money on P3D Addon's and still don't own all the PW ACFT from PMDG. I hardly believe that after MSFS is launched. all will wipe P3D on day one.

I bet that if PMDG will give the P3D ACFT for free, you will still say: What? For P3D no thanks!

Because it's silly to offer such a paltry discount on a product that will soon be obsolete.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

it will be harder and harder as time goes by to go back to P3D.  I will save my moulah for the NG3.

Save Indeed, Ac will not be cheaper in MSFS.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

IT will not and it will be my 3rd time that I buy a 737 for a flight sim ( I bought NGX on both FSX and P3D and now planning for NG3)

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

A discount so you can pay again in the new sim.... a new level of marketing spin from PMDG.  Unbelievable.  

• Upvote 5

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Thankfully 18th is not far away. 

So then the Msfs guys are busy with there new toy and stop trolling around.

• Like 4

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

6 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Thankfully 18th is not far away. 

So then the Msfs guys are busy with there new toy and stop trolling around.

I guess if you've already deleted P3D there isn't much to do this week...

I'm thinking about getting the 747-8 expansion. It's always been a bit pricey for my liking, but maybe with the discount. The base 747 is certainly a great plane.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

If they make a bizjet (not a BBJ expansion) I'll buy it day one.  I bought their FSX 737-800/700 and it was a nice addon....70 bucks I think....very expensive for those days.  I don't regret my purchase, but I can't stand how much they want for their current offerings.  

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

If they make a bizjet (not a BBJ expansion) I'll buy it day one.  I bought their FSX 737-800/700 and it was a nice addon....70 bucks I think....very expensive for those days.  I don't regret my purchase, but I can't stand how much they want for their current offerings.  

Recycled code and full price regardless of how many time you bought it...they lost me with their money grubbing and terrible customer relations long ago...plenty of other great options about that don’t treat you like a cash cow or a cow pat on the side of the road.  
Not to mention the downright lies about the status of the B777 which i think is disgracefully misleading by the company.  How they can get away with it is unbelievable.

Edited by barramundilure
  • Upvote 2

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Why single them out. Ever heard of FSL? Or QW?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

47 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Why single them out. Ever heard of FSL? Or QW?

You can add CS to that list.

If people are planning to say with v5, it is a good time to buy a PMDG if you want one. Why not v5 is fantastic.

The 747 is stunning, personally I prefer the 8i, I enjoy using them in the “F” as I can do small sub 2 hour flights from cargo hubs around Europe using airports like EDDF, EGNX etc. You sure feel like your up high on the ground and taxing a Breast of an aircraft.

Also I think the 747/8i is the most polished product of PMDG. One little thing I noticed back in winter was the snow buildup around the cockpit windows, very nicely done. It’s a good time to buy. How expensive something is or justifying the price is just down to you. What’s expensive to one person can be cheap to the next. We all have to make our own call on that.

If you do buy the NGXu or the 747, you will enjoy them, the 777 is the one I would question buys till they update it.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

When is the 777-200 out?  The one they promised in 2013?

On 8/7/2020 at 9:42 PM, dave2013 said:

Because it's silly to offer such a paltry discount on a product that will soon be obsolete.

Dave

Obsolete why? Did you work for LM or PMDG and know for sure that there will be no "life" after MSFS?

I find it a bit strange how people (in this case you) react towards DEV's offering.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

P3D isn't going to go away.  XPlane isn't going to go away.  FSX hasn't gone away.  Heck, FS9 hasn't gone away.

Reports of their death have been greatly exaggerated.

Hook

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;