Sign in to follow this  
SirDan

MSFS Rankings

5/5 from the guardian.  they are begging people to give them donations their readership is so small.

Ill just leave this here....

https://www.theguardian.com/advertising/guardian-circulation-readership-statistics#:~:text=The FT)%2C the Guardian boasts,terminal education age of 21%2B.&text=All figures are based on Monday-Saturday average issue readership.

Title 2020[9]
Metro 1,419,614
The Sun 1,206,595
Daily Mail 1,134,184
Evening Standard 787,447
Daily Mirror 441,934
The Times 359,960
Daily Express 289,679
Daily Star 274,808
i 215,932
Financial Times 155,009
The Guardian 126,879
Daily Record 103,222
City A.M. 85,738
Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

RDR2, GTA5 are masterpieces,  ms2020 thats a stretch.

RDR2 and GTA5 doesn't cover the whole world!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

RDR2, GTA5 are masterpieces,  ms2020 thats a stretch.

I've never played GTA5 but I'm with you on RDR2, it's a masterpiece. But let's put things in perspective: the world it simulates is tiny tiny tiny compared to the one covered in FS2020...

1) That article is from 2010, and the figures are for print version sales & circulation.

2) The Guardian has been noted as the most-trusted quality paper in the UK. It’s online readership is over 30 million adults per month.

I’ll just leave this here...

https://www.theguardian.com/gnm-press-office/2020/jun/17/new-data-shows-guardian-is-the-top-quality-and-most-trusted-newspaper-in-the-uk?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

5/5 from the guardian.  they are begging people to give them donations their readership is so small.

Ill just leave this here....

https://www.theguardian.com/advertising/guardian-circulation-readership-statistics#:~:text=The FT)%2C the Guardian boasts,terminal education age of 21%2B.&text=All figures are based on Monday-Saturday average issue readership.

Title 2020[9]
Metro 1,419,614
The Sun 1,206,595
Daily Mail 1,134,184
Evening Standard 787,447
Daily Mirror 441,934
The Times 359,960
Daily Express 289,679
Daily Star 274,808
i 215,932
Financial Times 155,009
The Guardian 126,879
Daily Record 103,222
City A.M. 85,738

The Guardian also isn't owned by an oligarch or billionaire tax exile that can throw money at it hand over fist for advertising and absorb huge losses like the vast majority of those other papers listed.

Edited by AllRed

6 hours ago, SirDan said:

k6MBcXd.png

Just so you know these guys have Zero cred in terms of FS skills. Their (landing) videos on Youtube are absolutely shocking.   They are Day 1 Rookie FS gamers without a clue how to fly.

Greazer.

Who gets to decide if a pizza tastes good or not?

Who gets to decide if a joke is funny or not?

Who decides if MSFS is fun or not?

Who decides if MSFS is a SIM or not?

Exactly.  We all do.  And that "decision" applys to ourselves only. We are not going to all agree.  Either have fun with it or find something else.  Easy really.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I believe most of them (from what I have read) are reviewing MSFS from a gamers perspective, rather than the type of clientele we have in here at AVSIM. I am not saying that is bad, just merely stating that the perspective from a hard core simmer is surely different. 

This is not the impression I have from seeing these reviews. Some of them are by real-world pilots, who stack up pretty well as "hard-core simmers" I would think. The fact is, the clientele at Avsim is very diverse, as is clear from just looking at the posts!

Hello to you all,

What I think would be really interesting, would be to have a users, and users only, ie no reviewers, poll, asking the following questions

1. Version bought.

2. Steam, Distributor XBox or DVD version.

3. Rating out of five.

4. Whether or not, the Xbox version buyers were owners or potential owners of Xbox, or that version was simply bought to trial the product. 

5. Anything else the pollster considers applicable, with brevity the core factor.

This would, in my opinion, at the very least give us a small indication of what the ratio actually is, between the positive and the negative comments and otherwise, whilst providing valuable feedback to MS and Asobo.

Bear in mind,

1. That, MS nor Asobo, are inclined (precedent already set} to fix much regarding default aircraft and sceneries, nor introduce many vital utilities, in the coming months and years.

2. The impact of 3PDs in the coming 12 months, whilst noting the fact that the "gamers" will get the smallest benefit from addons "hard-core simmers" will benefit most and the "military, etc" the second most beneficiaries in number (my belief and I could well be proven wrong), and then,

Duplicate the poll in 12 months ie after the devs have got their sticky paws into the platform.

The intention in this poll, would be I guess, to ascertain the actual impact of 3PDs (not hard to guess the direction that is going to go to) and further, points to an urgent need (priority) for the SDK to get finalized. 

Oh, I forgot to mention to ask whether or not, a manual was considered necessary or even somewhat of an advantage to the consumers. 

Other interesting polls, in my opinion, would be one to list the wanted Aircraft, one for Sceneries and one for Utilities, which would be a great indication for developers.

Those polls would be (for the simmers at least), far more relevant. Just publishing the sales figures says it all really as far as the original poll is concerned.  What I mean is, that whilst there would certainly be some who purchase this platform because it is the most, or second most, or third most popular. who else, (read consumer), really places a great deal of importance on that factor.

The good thing about those figures is the fact, there will or would be, a considerable number of people dipping their feet into strange waters, who will in fact, develop into flight simmers of various categories and that, thanks to MS and Asobo is a really great aspect.

Anyone interested in starting the first poll?

Regards 

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Meanwhile. 3 out of 5 stars on their own Microsoft Store and a 73% positive rating on Steam.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Well, to be fair, quality is never wisely judged by popularity alone, so the diminishing circulation of the Nardiag taken in isolation, is no real barometer of its quality; the Twilight Saga Movies are more popular than the works of Akira Kurosawa, but I'm pretty sure anyone who knows anything about decent film making is not going to use their relative levels of popularity with the public at large as the measure for which is the one deserving of more merit. 

However, what I can tell you for certain, is that I worked as a writer and sub-editor for the Guardian Media Group for ten years, and whilst they might be all 'right on' and trendy with their editorial viewpoint, it's a different story when you actually work there. The pay is rubbish and as far as working conditions go, they sure as hell don't practice what they preach; it's like being in a Dickensian novel. I learned a lot about the craft of writing and such in those ten years, so I'll always be glad I worked there for that experience if not the remuneration and conditions, but if they disappear down the toilet tomorrow, I certainly won't be shedding any tears for them. 🤣

Back on the topic however, anyone who gives MSFS 10/10 is clearly just blowing smoke up the developer's @ss, possibly for some kind of return. Somebody mentioned the same site giving The Last of Us 2 a similarly high mark, and if giving that piece of agenda-driven box ticking garbage a high score doesn't tell you the reviewers too have an agenda, then nothing will.

When I reviewed the new MS sim for my channel, I said it was not without its problems, but still very impressive and that they'd done an amazing job. I think that's a fair assessment, because it is impressive to create a sim with that level of detail and popular appeal which can run on a modest computer, particularly given the fact that it was in large part developed during one of the most difficult years for business and aviation ever. So I reckon if I'd have placed a score on it, it would equate to maybe 8/10, which sounds on the high side, but it does mean there's a 20 percent room for improvement, and we know that's true.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

TLAOU 2 appears to have sold more than 4 million copies - which, to be fair, is kind of impressive in its own right....

HOWEVER...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1167198/fall-guys-units-sold/

Fall Guys - a crazy little game developed by an "indie" software house in the UK... take that Naughty Dog! :laugh:🍻

Edited by HighBypass
speelliung.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 9/8/2020 at 6:51 PM, KenG said:

Meanwhile. 3 out of 5 stars on their own Microsoft Store and a 73% positive rating on Steam.

If you look at those actual reviews, the majority of them are just people who had install/stability issues.  It's the whole reason user reviews are generally worthless in gaming - people use them to try and complain about some specific issue, and not to actually review the product as a whole.

Go look at the Metacritic reviews for games sometime - everything is either a 1 or a 10.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2020 at 3:48 PM, sd_flyer said:

GTA5 doesn't cover the whole world!

But unlike GTA5, other Flight Simulator players are not doing their best to prevent you reaching the rest of the world! (well except those popping up in the runway when you're landing but this is another topic LOL)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)