Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Update from PMDG

4 hours ago, wthomas33065 said:

Actually legally that is false.

I'm sure Chocks doesn't need me to answer for him, but I highly doubt his comments are made in a legal context.

But more in a reputational, customer loyalty, professionalism context - these things are important to software companies, and it's right as consumers that we point out when they have come up short.

Everyone's a lawyer here it seems...

PMDG has decided that the MSFS SDK is in no fit state to spend time (i.e. money) on bringing their current products into the new sim for some time.

What's great (for them) is that on top of the BBJ expansion pack, there's at least one more huge paid upgrade product that they can bring to P3D in the shape of the 777, to bring it to a similar standard to that of the 747 and 737NGXuzwxyz. There will be plenty of interest from those desperate to get their GE90 fix with PBR and EFB added.

Whatever happens, P3D has another year of PMDG jetliner exclusivity.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 3700X 4.4GHz(PBO); ASUS GTX 1070 O8G; Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; triple monitor

P3Dv5.1 + FS Global Ultimate NG + ORBX + MSE + ActiveSky + ChasePlane + AILRP + Self Loading Cargo + WIN 10 Pro
PMDG 737NGX; QW 757 787; AS A320 A330; MJC Dash 8; A2A PA-28; Carenado A42 A72 XL560; FT E-Jets v3; PMDG 777; JF C152

2 hours ago, EGLD said:

But more in a reputational, customer loyalty, professionalism context - these things should be important to software companies

Fixed it! 🍻:biggrin:

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

18 pagers.

The op could have just wrote update PMDG NG3 "Coming soon" topic locked...job done. 18 pagers, 🤣

David Murden.  MSFS2020   DCS  

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E  32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz RTX 3080  Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm 

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2  Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR 

TrackIR • Samsung G7 32" 2560 x 1440 240Hz • Internet BT 75 Mbps Unlimited 

On 9/27/2020 at 8:18 PM, Dillon said:

I'll have to say I'm a little ticked scenery for the whole country of Japan is getting released when major issues with the core sim and the SDK still unresolved. Which one is more important?  We still don't have 'fall' scenery going into October yet Japan has to get done.  I hope this won't be FLIGHT all over again with bad decisions leading the way instead of common since winning out. Cart before the horse is what seems to be happening where a major developer is having to pull back.  I fired of P3D today and if I had to go back to that would be a sad day.  There's no comparison to FS2020 but like I said before Microsoft always figures out a way to mess things up in the chase for cash.  I wonder if the port to XBOX is now the new priority because it sure isn't the SDK or fixing the core sim. Very Frustrating...   

That's akin to complaining that a car bodyshop paints the body before the engine shop has finished it's rebuild.

It's irrelevant. The bodyshop can't build the engine because it's not their job and they don't know how, nor could the engine shop paint the car. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 10:40 AM, Tom_L said:

Wasn't RSR's timeframe very similar until his recent post? Just saying...

Time will tell!

I think original timeline was by end of 1Q 2021 for 737.  

9700k | Maximus XI Hero| 32gb DDR4 3000 |EVGA FTW3 3090 | 1tb EVO Plus 970 and 500GB M2+3TB HDD | 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors | Corsair RM1000x |  240MM AIO.| MFG Crosswind | T16000M Stick | Saitek Throttle Quad | Skalarki MCDU and FCU | Saitek Radio Panel

2 hours ago, F737NG said:

there's at least one more huge paid upgrade product that they can bring to P3D in the shape of the 777,

Before that happens they will give us a free upgrade as stated by RSR:

This update is a pretty comprehensive update cycle for the 777 Base Package and brings in many of the newer capabilities, performance improvements and features that have debuted in the 747 and 737 product lines subsequent to the 777’s release seven years ago this month. The update is no cost for 777 users and will bring the 777 up-to-par with her sister products in terms of Global Flight Operations capabilities, ground services, animations and the like.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-10900KF @5.1Ghz HT off | Cooler: ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX3090 OC | MoBo: ASUS Maximus XII Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR4 @3600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 970EVO Plus (Win10), 1Tb Samsung M.2 970EVO Plus (P3D), 1Tb Samsung 860EVO (MSFS) | Monitor: 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 | Sim: P3D v5.0 Professional | FTX Global, OpenLC EU and NA | Wx: ASP3D (Beta) & ASCA | Chaseplane | BA Virtual

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Edited by harrry
deleted post as was beaten to it,

Harry Woodrow