Sign in to follow this  
goodperson36

Is This The End of Prepar3D v4.5

6 hours ago, rickjake said:

Using modern software for modern PC's and Operating systems.

DX11 ... when the "competitors" have made the jump to DX12 😉

Gérard

Honestly speaking, in terms of what the topic question was the right answer can only be "...of course it IS the end of P3D 4.5!"

Not because of MSFS but, because of P3D V5. It´s the same as you would ask "...does Windows 10 marks the end of Windows 7?". ....ehm...yes, sure!

I´am sure that even in years you can have Windows 7 still in use and many people will. As long you don´t want to use application that require WIN 10 architecture you will stay happy. 

In my opinion several Simulators can exist beside eachother, because the preferences of the individual users are different. On the one side you have the ones for whom an immersive scenery doesn´t matter that much, because their weight is on procedure training and they need correct weather generation, correct navigation facilities and advanced real-life systemed aircrafts. On the other far end you have the ones who love to see as much as possible the "real world" thru their monitor only and like to sightseeing in VFR and recognize what they might have seen in real. And then you have the big crowd between those two, with different tendenzies to one or the other side.

I´am still on P3D V5 without using EA. This is, because for me, somehow the performance is much better as it was in 4.5. I´am using a Homecockpit and though 3D-cockpits and even a nice shining aircraft outside doesn´t really matter for me. But because i´am not intend to make procedure training only, but i wan´t to do the job as a real commercial arlinepilot is doing, i like to have also an immersive view out of my cockpit, but honestly it only matters in the area arround the airport and the airport itself, because the rest of the time i´am at 35.000 ft and can´t see single blossoms on the ground anyway. Because usually it rarely happen that the A320 captain turns some rounds over Manhatten in 2.000 feet before he lands at JFK, i´am not interrested in doing such thing either. But i like to see the bunch of Skyscrapers on the horizon which reflecting the sunlight depending on their type of facade too, if i´am following my STAR into JFK.

The major part of MSFS for the future seems to be the much more realsitic rendering of sceneryobjects and the whole athmospheric appearance in terms of light and sense. But this can be achieved with TrueSky aswell. At present i have the feeling i would have to dispense too much of specific simcapabilities which matter in case of operating a commercial airliner in the sim if i would use MSFS. I´am hoping that the next successor of V5 will bring EA to the same level as it´s used to be in legacy athmosphere. That would be a major step in terms of immersive appearance.

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

What MS needs to do is to sort out their SDK.. guys, the MSFS developing mode is available to everyone.. it is there for FREE available to all of you.. has anyone just opened their SDK documentation? go ahead.. it will give you an insight why all your favourites add-on's are practically on HOLD.. the SDK has been likes this since Alpha.. everything is TODO.. NOT SUPPORTED, etc.

There is a reason why most of what you see for MS2020 is Scenery being ported over.. and yes there are some airplanes, but they are mostly very simple as creating custom and advanced avionics is at the moment also kind of difficult (let's say this way to avoid a heat exchange of views)..

You are being very polite. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

John B

Given the number of folks who are actually still flying FSX I would have to say no.  I, personally, have both P3d v5 and v4.5 and my sim of choice is 4.5.  It is stable, reliable, and all of my add-ons work and are tweaked for it.

• Upvote 1

noting that P3D isnt aimed at the armchair pilot and has multi million contracts providing sim software to the aviation companies and the military, I find it very hard to believe that its the end.

The commercial user version is only partial of what the full contract version offers, Ive seen P3D in a contracted sim, the level of coding of systems and "sim director can affect the flight model" is astonishing.

MSFS is aimed at the causal flyer and now reaching towards the console gamer. Its going to be years before the level of detail in systems if they ever develop a SDK that allows TPD to go wide.

Sadly, if you like warbirds, then I highly doubt MSFS as they do not want the display of violence in their platform and prohibit the sale in their market place of aircraft with dirty wings. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

On a separate note, the prices of addons for P3D have come down

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Personally, I am very encouraged to read that even Flight1 has released a version of the Mustang 510. They have a track record of not spending any time working on projects that don't have long legs. It has not gotten much "press" and is only in beta so far but if Flight1 is betting on Prepar3d being around for a while then I think we will be good to go and not have to be forced into the new hobby of Bing map viewing. By the way, the Mustang, which has been around a long time, is working very well in P3dv5. I have been flying it for a couple of days now and although it could use some minor updates, it is still one of the best GA's around.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

52 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

Personally, I am very encouraged to read that even Flight1 has released a version of the Mustang 510. They have a track record of not spending any time working on projects that don't have long legs. It has not gotten much "press" and is only in beta so far but if Flight1 is betting on Prepar3d being around for a while then I think we will be good to go and not have to be forced into the new hobby of Bing map viewing. By the way, the Mustang, which has been around a long time, is working very well in P3dv5. I have been flying it for a couple of days now and although it could use some minor updates, it is still one of the best GA's around.

All the aircraft listed in this thread (e.g. FSL, PMDG CURRENT product line, Mustang) were already in development prior to MSFS announcement/release; given the state of MSFS SDK, it makes sense to continue development.  However, with companies like PMDG and Aerosoft assisting, we should see accelerated growth with MSFS SDK.  To that point, how many clean-sheet aircraft do you think we'll see from the major distributors?  In terms of aircraft, I'll bet none.  The difference between MSFS and P3DV5 are stark, which increases development costs. I doubt there will much of a return on investment for the latter; I suspect the lack of a robust addon aircraft market will hasten P3D divestiture. Moreover, the major scenery developers (FSDream, FlyTampa, etc) have already announced exclusive MSFS titles.  Indeed, they'll be a community that supports P3D, just as there is FS2004, FSX and even Flight.  However, to expect the current P3D ecosystem to continue to exist/thrive is illogical.    

Edited by kingm56

Matt King

10 hours ago, flyforever said:

Old sims don't complain or die if they stay in our hard drives.

tc

Every time I let p3d sit without being used for any length of time I seemed to have always been plagued with issues when I try to start up after a while of being idle, I compare it to my vehicle, If it doesn’t get used, it starts to cease up. 

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I used to fly the Mustang in P3Dv3. I really liked it, as I could get it in and out of hard runways no more than 2000 feet in length. However, the VC textures seemed a bit "blurry" when I zoomed in, but that could have been because I was using MEDIUM (1024) textures. If I knew that the 2048 textures looked significantly sharper, I may be tempted to upgrade....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I used to fly the Mustang in P3Dv3. I really liked it, as I could get it in and out of hard runways no more than 2000 feet in length. However, the VC textures seemed a bit "blurry" when I zoomed in, but that could have been because I was using MEDIUM (1024) textures. If I knew that the 2048 textures looked significantly sharper, I may be tempted to upgrade....

I don't know your specs but mine are below and I don't notice any thing blurry at 2048 or 4096. It is very nice to be able to zip across the state at 300 MPH and yet slow down to 100-110 and do a bit of sightseeing.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I have both 4.5 and 5.0 on my system. Just recently I went over to v5.0, wich I bought the first day, but had several setbacks with it. Now I get used to it and add my favorite addons, one by one. There are few addons like Leonardo MD-82 and PMDG 737NG, which I can't just move over but have to buy the new version. But before I can do this, I need more confidence in the new sim. 

I also have a lot of addons bought the last years since 4.0 came out and brought 64 bit. Now I become more convinced of v5.0, which runs better and starts faster at the moment. Of course v4.5 has a lot more addons installed and I hope the better performance of v5.0 will stay while adding more and more sceneries. I think one day, if I no longer want to use a certain addon on 4.5, I'm ready to uninstall it. At the moment, my trust in v5.0 is increasing but can suddenly have a setback again because of an untraceble CTD. At the moment it runs just fine and the more addons I have in v5.0, the better I feel for it and v4.5 gets less important.

The main reason for going with v5.0 is for me, they continue to develop it and v4.5 will remain, where it is. My 4.5 is not running as good as 5.0 but is more stable. 

MSFS was at some time very tempting, but all these pictures and videos proofed to be just good marketing. I never bought MSFS, just had a look at the first user videos and got confirmed, that it is not as good as promised. Of course, the landscape is better than ever but it has the problems of all satellite sceneries, missing seasons and objects drawn on the ground, where they didn't place a 3D object. So it is as imperfect as the scenery in P3D, but from far, it looks better. I don't mind. For me its MS Flight 2, much better, but still the same concept. 

Actually we see a lot of addons made for MSFS and one might get the impression P3D oder XP is abandoned. I don't think so. It is legitimate for addon producers to try to sell their stuff the best way. After the rush they will hopefully come back. 

Dan

• Like 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

All my addons are working in V5. Only 2 of my 125 scenery addons needed an update ( alt issues ) which has been released.

Very stable and DX12. Also the Shaders have been modified to my liking with Envshade as a base and several extra shader tweaks I created myself.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

A_A Sceneries has just released KUALA LUMPUR Airport for P3Dv4.5 some are still working in P3D.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg