Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Update is live

1 minute ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I just got the same, tried to use the program, it told me there was a mandatory update to do through the store.  Went and there is no update.  Ran MSF again, an got the same.  'll keep trying.

You have to wait till it's available in the store, or it will keep directing you back there.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

15 minutes ago, John Fields said:

Installed 100%!

Now... let's see the content manager...

Another 5 GB of updates in Content Manager too...

The MS Store is currently crashing. I'm directed by MSFS to the Store for a mandatory update. I click OK, and the Store opens but then locks up -- probably from being overwhelmed by users.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

Not sure if they reworded it, but I'm under the impression I now got what "Terrain Pre-Caching" means.

There are a still a few inaccuracies in that explanation I think, this is what I believe would be the correct one:

• Low - This setting will improve performance but a lot of terrain data is streamed at a lower quality behind the user. This could come with some FPS drops when turning the head, but would result in higher FPS and lower memory usage when looking forward and not turning your head quickly.
  • Medium - This is what you currently have right now in the current build. The terrain behind the user is streamed at a lower quality and reduces the impact on memory and FPS, but when turning your head will need to stream the terrain and FPS drops may occur in that moment.
  • High - High will be an intermediate state between Medium and Ultra
  • Ultra - This is will have no offscreen culling at all, and everything will be maxed out based on your graphics setting. The quality in front of the user is the same as from behind the user, so nothing needs to be loaded.

The Ultra setting should come with the highest performance and memory overhead, but there won't be FPS drops when panning the camera.

• Like 5

Now this is vexing, a release for Germany, Switzerland and Austria available everywhere except in these three countries...!🤣💨🤯

Let's relax!... Take it easy.

• Like 3

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Thought they were supposed to fix the AI planes lights, but see nothing about that on the notes...

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 minutes ago, xenonsk said:

For those with ms edition. Try launch the game directly from store.

Good suggestion. I tried it and it did not work for me. YMMV

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

1 minute ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Now this is vexing, a release for Germany, Switzerland and Austria available everywhere except in these three countries...!🤣💨🤯

Let's relax!... Take it easy.

To be fair, to me the update not available anywhere at the moment, not just Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Certainly not west Coast USA. Things are a bit bungled up. Patience required. 

United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

That's weird... I can't see Switzerland, Germany and Austria Updates installed in the content manager.

very quick test done before I head out, new terrain caching feature is brilliant! (3090 here) however shimmering still present. Seems faster FPS so far, catch you all later!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, united001 said:

To be fair, to me the update not available anywhere at the moment, not just Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Certainly not west Coast USA. Things are a bit bungled up. Patience required. 

United001

I cannot get it an I am in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I doubt it is geolocation based, but what do I know.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

5 minutes ago, David Mills said:

The MS Store is currently crashing. I'm directed by MSFS to the Store for a mandatory update. I click OK, and the Store opens but then locks up -- probably from being overwhelmed by users.

The same, but for me not crashing but I have only PLAY button, not UPDATE. 😕

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Just now, John Fields said:

That's weird... I can't see Switzerland, Germany and Austria Updates installed in the content manager.

sometimes you have to "buy" free stuff in the marketplace first

• Upvote 1

Obligatory "My download is only going at 5 Mbps!" (which it is).

Other: The update didn't show up for me at first either, but popped up a few minutes after restarting my PC. Maybe just coincidence.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.