Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

So many places to fly

Great link thank you!  I too often stick to same trodden ground because my tiny brain can't decide where to fly in this massive world.

• Like 4

Thomas Derbyshire

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

After almost 30 years of flight simming, I realized this morning that there is so many places in the world I have never flown. I decided to plan a flight from GUCY to GGOV in Africa.  I have never flown in Africa, and wondered what it would look like. It looks great, and I bet I will spend a great deal of time flying from one airport to another. This is something I would have never done in any sim I have owned before. 

It's the revolution that MSFS 2020 has brought about - the default terrain and towns/cities are sufficiently good that you can fly almost anywhere and have a decent VFR experience.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Great link thank you!  I too often stick to same trodden ground because my tiny brain can't decide where to fly in this massive world.

I have that exact same problem, the whole world and I usually fly the same routes and areas!

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I agree, because of the amazing true to life scenery I fly to places I would never had bothered with in P3D.

• Like 2

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

5 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

I have another great site also : https://flightspots.co/

What a great resource you are. 🤤

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

What a great resource you are. 🤤

bs

Thanks mate , I appreciate it .

Don't forget that Flightsim.to has many collections of varying flightplans.....

https://flightsim.to/discover/route

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Africa is a fantastic place to fly. A couple of real world vids to enjoy:

I use this site a lot. It generates a random flight. You can specify the duration, airports & airplane type if you want. 

https://fpltoif.com/random

• Upvote 1

I simply use Google Earth. Spinning the globe a couple of times,  zooming in a location that takes my fancy, selecting a city, finding another airfield (note I don’t use a big word like airport 😄) in an one-hour radius or less for the aircraft I fly , slanting a bit GE to see if there is an interesting en route and approach relief  and if so here I go doing my planning. I am rarely disappointed. 

Recently I have flown South Chile and Ethiopia. Yesterday evening I flew from Tindouf to Guelmin in Morocco (amazing desert), today I am searching a good flight in Columbia.

Rather curiously, I have flown little my long time flying grounds in MSFS predecessors (the West coast, Alaska and PNG). 

Scenery simulator ? Yes. Flight simulator ? Yes. The best of two worlds.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I have been stuck flying the same routes in my home area since release, but it gets boring in the long run, I'm also tired of sitting and turning buttons in Airliners, so now I've decided to park all jet airliners and only fly GA manually in VFR and explore the world at low altitude, I'm just waiting that my JF P28's will come back from service, so thank you so much for the links, they will become handy.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Africa is a fantastic place to fly. A couple of real world vids to enjoy:

I use this site a lot. It generates a random flight. You can specify the duration, airports & airplane type if you want. 

https://fpltoif.com/random

Thanks for the link Sir !! . 

16 hours ago, sidfadc said:

...  I too often stick to same trodden ground because my tiny brain can't decide where to fly in this massive world.

Same 'problem' here. It's agonizing to have to chose ...🙂

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).