Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

P3D V5.3 HF1 is available now

12 hours ago, psolk said:

As I just got home from my 4 hour procedure and 7 hours in hospital with strict orders to take it easy the next few days this sounds like the ideal time to FINALLY move to 5.3 from 4.5 🙂 

Any word on the PMDG birds and QW 787 with the HF?  

Great news indeed!  

@Ray Proudfoot any chance this could resolve the device hung issues as well?  Fingers crossed. 

i have a brand new clean Win10 install on a new M.2, sounds ideal for this.  

Hope for a speedy recovery Paul with 5.3 😉

• Like 2

André

14 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have it and have made a backup but I fail to understand why it’s necessary to purge all the critical P3D files for a point update or hotfix. This is just LM covering their backsides.

When I updated to 5.3 I didn’t touch any of those files and everything worked fine. I’ll be repeating that procedure for this hotfix.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do as well !

Maurizio

• Like 1

spacer.png   Como (Italy )   www.sim737ng.it

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

Where was this posted? 

On a secure highly classified channel which requires Ultra Top Secret clearance to access :wink:

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

33 minutes ago, awf said:

Hope for a speedy recovery Paul with 5.3 😉

Thank you!!  Thank you as well @Ray Proudfoot

Unfortunately all did not go as planned yesterday so not such a wonderful day.  When the surgeon came out and told me I had a jackhammer esophagus I chuckled not realizing that was the medical term for what they discovered LOL... So now I am going to try and occupy myself with getting P3d V5 up and running.   My only issue is I am sitting here staring at a vanilla Win10 install and have no idea where to even start 😂  It's been so long since I've done a clean install of everything from scratch.   

I DO still have V4.5 and all of my add-ons on another drive that is accessible.  Is there a best practice for migrating everything from 4.5 to 5.3 or am I truly better off just installing everything from scratch and taking the day or two to get it right?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Gentleman, being new to P3D this is the first time I have needed to update it. It's only been installed a couple weeks and obviously FSX really didn't have any updates so I am finding myself stariing at the new download package wondering what to do. Over at Lockheed the hotfix says it only needs the client and scenery installers. Okay, that seems obvious enough. I see them in the download package but my questions come here.....how do I go about installing it? Do I just run those two installers and have it overwrite everything? Or is there some sort of procedure I need to follow such as deleting files in certain locations first? Also, what of my addons? I have ORBX Global Base, AIG AI (which took most of the week to install), Active Sky, ASCA and PMDG installed. Do I need to do anything specific regarding these? Surely not.

If one of you could spell this out as though I'm a simpleton I would be grateful.

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

24 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

On a secure highly classified channel which requires Ultra Top Secret clearance to access :wink:

Ahh, that's why, I only have minion level clearance. 

Eric 

27 minutes ago, Jazz said:

If one of you could spell this out as though I'm a simpleton I would be grateful.

In your LM download area there is a document describing the upgrade procedure in detail. That's what I would read first. If there are still questions remaining, feel free to ask them here.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, pmb said:

In your LM download area there is a document describing the upgrade procedure in detail. That's what I would read first. If there are still questions remaining, feel free to ask them here.

Kind regards, Michael

Thank you, Michael. I did indeed find that shortly after I asked the question and then remembered reading it when I originally installed not long ago 🙄 My memory is getting worse. However, I suppose I was more looking for potential booby traps. Trip-ups. such as:

"If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. "

I may well have just did what I was told if it were not brought to my attention that I may not need to.

Obviously I'm just trying to avoid a reinstall and the only reason I'm trying to avoid that is because of the tremendous pain in the proverbial it would be to install all that AI again with that "one click installer" which is anything but.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 hour ago, MAUCINTI said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do as well !

Maurizio

I just deleted Content, client and scenery and re-installedcompletely without deleting anything else, except shaders. (That was because I was having problems with d/loading the parts). So far all I have had to do is reload my control settings. Planes and airports all seem to be OK.

First impressions are the graphics are superb, no shimmers or flashing spots, all sharp and clear.

Will do a proper flight this week end (to the North Pole?) and see how it goes.

• Like 2

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@Jazz,

I’ll take you through what I did this morning. This is assuming you already have v5.x installed.

• Downloaded full 5.3HF1 installer and unzipped it.
  • Uninstall 5.3 Client and chose not to deactivate licence.
  • Uninstall 5.3 Scenery
  • Uninstall 5.3 Content
  • Uninstall 5.3 Academic
  • Ran setup.exe in new download. Changed the path to my existing one - D:\P3Dv5. Takes around 20+ mins to install.
  • Delete contents of Shader folder.
  • Launch P3D and locate to any airport just to ensure no initial problems.

I appreciate this is more than recommended but is easier than fiddling with separate msi installers.

I retained all my cfg files but terrain.cfg is overwritten which impacts on ORBX FTX Global, AUS2 and the Library files. You have to Verify Files in Orbx Central to get that scenery looking okay again. This is helpful if you get blocks in the AUS scenery. https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/192402-fix-for-blocks-or-night-textures-in-the-orbx-scenery/

AIG needs no attention nor does ASP3D, ASCA or PMDG737. They just work.

There is a document that explains how to uninstall and reinstall on the download page at LM. If you do the absolute minimum you should have no problems. Deleting critical files as LM suggest it just causes extra work for no need.

@psolk, sorry to hear you’re not in the best of health. Throw yourself into P3D. 😉

You're in a good position. Install v5 and then copy and paste scenery.cfg and add-ons.cfg from v4 to v5. Leave the paths unchanged. You can piggyback on v4 3rd party scenery. That should cater for most scenery but if you find a v5 offering for a discount price take it. There’ll generally be better visuals such as PBR.

• Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 minutes ago, Jazz said:

"If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. "

I may well have just did what I was told if it were not brought to my attention that I may not need to.

I would do this for a new point version (and did it for 5.3). I wouldn't do it for a hotfix, though. Right now I'm waiting for the hotfix of the hotfix anyway.

You can still delete any of the generated files to let P3D rebuild them after installation in case of trouble.

In any case I make a backup of all those named directories in advance of installing the new version.

But I agree, these are the more suble points.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Obviously I'm just trying to avoid a reinstall and the only reason I'm trying to avoid that is because of the tremendous pain in the proverbial it would be to install all that AI again with that "one click installer" which is anything but.

Completely unnecessary.  My AI was not even touched by the re-installation.

But yes it is one click. Don't know what you are doing wrong.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

21 hours ago, mpo910 said:

If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons.

If I'm not mistaken that also will wipe your key bindings, first export them.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

@Ray Proudfoot Thank's, Ray. That was very helpful and has given me exactly what I was looking for.

@pmb Also good for me to keep in mind.

Thank's both for your help. I'll keep a note for the future.

Ray.  Just curious.  Why are you uninstalling the three components then the academic.  Why not just uninstall the academic then reinstall the new academic?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next